Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer or Robinson

The last 8 days have not gone down too well with some lifers but would you rather have the old boss still in charge of us?

Comments

• Options
    An emphatic NO and I liked Robinson more than most!
  • Options
    As above. Robinson is stealing a living.
  • Options
    Both lost to Blackpool away.

There the comparison ends.
  • Options
    Not even a question. Bowyer all day long
  • Options
    Bowyer. Even if he went and punched my sainted grandmother.
  • Options
    Awful awful man. Bowyer is a prince stood next to him.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    shirty5 said:

The last 8 days have not gone down too well with some lifers but would you rather have the old boss still in charge of us?

• Options
    Bowyer all day long even though he has gone down in my estimation after the last week.
  • Options
    What a strange question.

Just because the majority don’t agree with his fa cup selection it doesn’t mean we would prefer Robinson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018
    MrOneLung said:

What a strange question.

Just because the majority don’t agree with his fa cup selection it doesn’t mean we would prefer Robinson.

What majority? Have I missed another Bert Palmer survey? :wink:
  • Options
    Bowyer no contest
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

MrOneLung said:

What a strange question.

The majority on the thread about the selection.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    MrOneLung said:

RedChaser said:

MrOneLung said:

What a strange question.

The majority on the thread about the selection.
    Ah right, the cup game had no bearing on yesterday's result in my humble opinion and we are all entitled to one. The weather conditions, our very young makeshift midfield and the current form of our opponents especially at home had more of an influence but hey let's keep harping back to last week.

Far bigger factors such as our injury situation and the January transfer window will affect our final standing in this league after 46 games. Time to move on everybody there's a big game Tuesday to get up for now.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I'd like the old boss back in charge. The one called Chris Powell.

PS Apart from his cup team selection last
    week, I actually think Lee Bowyer has done a pretty good job in difficult circumstances.
  • Options

People need to realise that Bowyer and Jackson are novices, coupled with wtf is going to succeed with the Chairman that we have.

As I have said before, I do not think Bowyer has done a bad job so far.

All the whilst Dushitelet is with us we will never have a successful manager.
  • Options

Robinson. He has passion. Moobs

There . I’ve fixed that for you .
  • Options

Same
  • Options

Same
    Bowyer for me but I don’t have the dislike for Robinson that some have. I always felt he was trying to do the right thing.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Bowyer all day long even though he has gone down in my estimation after the last week.

this
  • Options
    There is no debate... Bowyer all day long

He hasnt done it of late which is a shame but at least he tends to change the formation slightly at times whereas we were so bloody rigid under Robinson
  • Options
    Rhetorical question right? The photo earlier in the thread is my abiding memory of Robinson. Bowyer even at this relatively embryonic stage of his career is streets ahead of him on every level.
  • Options
    Ridiculous question
  • Options
    Lee by a mile.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Kim Jong Un
    Alan Pardew
    Iain Dowie
    Hannibal Lecter
    Sandy Toksvig
    Louis Spence

Just a small sample from the long list of people who I would pick to manage Charlton in preference to bringing back Tubby McTalkbollocks.

And Bowyer's doing a superb job. When supporters moan about resting people for last week's cup game (which I would be totally against under normal circumstances), I think they forget the uber-shambles that is running the club at the moment, and the reason I think they forget that is because we look pretty good on the pitch, thanks to Bowyer and Jacko.

We're approaching another transfer window where not selling anyone is the best we can hope for, and we're approaching the busy Christmas period where we need the whole squad fit. He did the right thing let week, regardless of yesterday's result.

I think Louis Spence is a good shout - would improve movement off and on the ball.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Lee Lee Lee Bowyer.

And like some others, I was never that anti-Robbo although it was time for him to go when he did IMO.

Point taken about the cup selection, but Charlton have been taking the piss out of the fans in the cups for years.
  • Options

Robbo - football visionary
    Also enjoyed his clear and concise manner of speaking.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Kim Jong Un
    Alan Pardew
    Iain Dowie
    Hannibal Lecter
    Sandy Toksvig
    Louis Spence

Just a small sample from the long list of people who I would pick to manage Charlton in preference to bringing back Tubby McTalkbollocks.

And Bowyer's doing a superb job. When supporters moan about resting people for last week's cup game (which I would be totally against under normal circumstances), I think they forget the uber-shambles that is running the club at the moment, and the reason I think they forget that is because we look pretty good on the pitch, thanks to Bowyer and Jacko.

We're approaching another transfer window where not selling anyone is the best we can hope for, and we're approaching the busy Christmas period where we need the whole squad fit. He did the right thing let week, regardless of yesterday's result.

I think Louis Spence is a good shout - would improve movement off and on the ball.
    And Hannibal Lecter would bring some bite to the midfield.