Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer or Robinson

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Never mind Bowyer or Robinson what about this fella;
  • Options
    Bowyer without question.

I get the impression he is willing to learn from his (inevitable given his lack of managerial experience) mistakes. Robinson on the other hand was completely inflexible and wedded to that unsuitable formation. By the end all he had to offer was his scouse bullshit.

That said the job of Charlton manager is very much a poisoned chalice with Duchatelet at the helm so anything achieved is a real bonus even just remaining in league 1 rather than going down once he sells one or more key players in January which he surely will.
  • Options

Robbo - football visionary
    Also enjoyed his clear and concise manner of speaking.

Out of his arsehole
  • Options

An emphatic NO and I liked Robinson more than most!

Same
    Bowyer for me but I don’t have the dislike for Robinson that some have. I always felt he was trying to do the right thing.

Same
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

MrOneLung said:

RedChaser said:

MrOneLung said:

What a strange question.

Just because the majority don’t agree with his fa cup selection it doesn’t mean we would prefer Robinson.

What majority? Have I missed another Bert Palmer survey? :wink:
    The majority on the thread about the selection.
    Ah right, the cup game had no bearing on yesterday's result in my humble opinion and we are all entitled to one. The weather conditions, our very young makeshift midfield and the current form of our opponents especially at home had more of an influence but hey let's keep harping back to last week.

Far bigger factors such as our injury situation and the January transfer window will affect our final standing in this league after 46 games. Time to move on everybody there's a big game Tuesday to get up for now.
    Charlton fans don't move on.
  • Options
    Would of been quicker to ask who prefers Robinson and let the thread sink to page 5 overnight.
  • Options
    Yes, I would prefer an old boss in charge instead of the current one. But not *that* old boss.

Bowyer is a far, far better fit for the current Charlton than Robinson was. On that basis, it's a no contest.

(For what it's worth, I don't want either of them to be Charlton manager. But while Bowyer is punching above his weight and doing a great job keeping Charlton in the promotion frame, I am certainly not going to call for him to be changed).
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Despite having the hump over the cup selection, 100% Lee Bowyer.
  • Options

An emphatic NO and I liked Robinson more than most!

Same
    Bowyer for me but I don’t have the dislike for Robinson that some have. I always felt he was trying to do the right thing.

Agreed, and I think he did a decent job of keeping things together for the first few months of the season last year. Ultimately, he ran out of ideas and wasn't quite a good enough coach to make his approach of possession-based football work at this level. But as I've said many times before, he was not a malicious actor. I think he genuinely cared about the club, did his best, and he just came up short in circumstances in which many managers would.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

This man will sum up the period from January 2014 to when we are rid of the current nonsense.

The biggest insult thrust upon Charlton supporters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good discussion, bringing a dose of reality.
    Lee Lee Lee Bowyer.
  • Options
    Bowyer for me. I don't dislike Robinson but he was limited. Bowyer is inexperienced - but at least has a chance to learn.

I'm still annoyed about the FA Cup team selection though.
  • Options
    For me Robinson should have never been given the job, due to him managing the MK Dons who finished below us the season we went down. Having said that, if he wasn't our manager would Bowyer be here to take over when he left?
  • Options

RedChaser said:

This man will sum up the period from January 2014 to when we are rid of the current nonsense.

The biggest insult thrust upon Charlton supporters.
    You did well that day at Colchester, sir
  • Options

For me Robinson should have never been given the job, due to him managing the MK Dons who finished below us the season we went down. Having said that, if he wasn't our manager would Bowyer be here to take over when he left?

They must have spent significantly less than us that season, especially given what we spent on wages in the second half of the season. He also got them up in the first place (then lost Dele and Grigg and Afobe).

Got me it was Slade who should never have been given the job in the first place.
  • Options
    Bowyer is still learning.

Which means he is still going to make mistakes and we have to accept that.

I warm to his "long term" charlton manager possibility. Which is what I think we really now need.

The bollocks Roland stat brigade of horse manure that constantly sacks people...which is due to the fact he has absolutely no form of emotional intelligence and any rational whatsoever.

It's 21st century type social media stuff...where people just simply no longer have "the time" to just see things exactly for what they actually are!

Karl Robinson is a Pratt.

Charlton are more likely to win the champions League within the next 10 years...then he is...

To accomplish anything of any magnitude in football
  • Options
    Robinson
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Robinson

That means Bowyer then :wink: