Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Recently discovered Musician/band that went completely under your radar for too long.

Comments

• Options

Feet don’t fail me now.

Feet don’t fail me now.

It’s feat
  • Options
    Acab said:

Feet don’t fail me now.

Feet don’t fail me now.

It’s feat
    Feats
  • Options

Feet don’t fail me now.

Feet don’t fail me now.

It’s feat

Acab said:

Feet don’t fail me now.

Feet don’t fail me now.

It’s feat
    Feats
    Your correct my apologies
  • Options
    Acab said:

Feet don’t fail me now.

Feet don’t fail me now.

It’s feat

Acab said:

Feet don’t fail me now.

Feet don’t fail me now.

It’s feat
    Feats
  • Options
    Acab said:

Feet don’t fail me now.

Feet don’t fail me now.

It’s feat

Acab said:

Feet don’t fail me now.

Feet don’t fail me now.

It’s feat
    Feats
    whatever .. great album .. not quite so good as Dixie Chicken though or Salin' Shoes
  • Options

Acab said:

LITTLE FEAT.

Great group, played at the Valley in 1976 backing The Who, sadly I never got to see it
    Still going strong. Seen them twice at indigo in recent years.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    The Slow Readers Club
    Mesh (thanks to Fadgadget)
    Glasvegas
  • Options
    Acab said:

Acab said:

LITTLE FEAT.

Great group, played at the Valley in 1976 backing The Who, sadly I never got to see it
    but alas .. no the late and lamented Lowell George
  • Options

Acab said:

Acab said:

LITTLE FEAT.

but alas .. no the late and lamented Lowell George
    Yes very sad. But still going 38 years on. Paul Barere still at the helm.
  • Options
    Talk Talk - just starting to get into them and realising I have really been missing out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another here for Mesh. I think I cottoned on to them thanks to Fad Gadget too.
  • Options
    Black Lace
  • Options
    Jackie Leven ... such a terrific voice.
  • Options

Suede (thanks to the most recent 2 albums.l)

@PragueAddick

Have all their albums, love the music. Try some of the solo stuff by Bernard Butler and Brett Anderson .. also their brief reunion as The Tears.
  • Options
    Guided by Voices. Been going since 1983, I got into them in 2009 (when they had been split since 2004) - they reformed in 2011 and still going strong.

Robert Pollard (vocalist and song writer) has recorded over 100 albums - 26 with GBV since 1987 the rest solo (22 albums since 1996) or one of his other side project bands.

Genius and the hardest working man in rock!!
  • Options
    Acab said:

Feet don’t fail me now.

Feet don’t fail me now.

It’s feat

Acab said:

Feet don’t fail me now.

Feet don’t fail me now.

It’s feat
    Feats
    It’s you’re not your.....LOL!

• Options
    stonemuse said:

@PragueAddick

Have all their albums, love the music. Try some of the solo stuff by Bernard Butler and Brett Anderson .. also their brief reunion as The Tears.
    Would you say their two recent albums are a change of direction from their earlier stuff? Or did I just somehow miss them in the Britrock 'blur"?

• Options
    For a long time I only thought the Ramones were a brand of t-shirt, listened to all of their stuff and I won't pretend to be in love with them I give myself a smug boost from time to time asking someone wearing a Ramones t-shirt to name an album

I used to work with a guy who really knew his stuff in regards music and he got me into the Clash (This would have been about 2005) and whilst I knew the hits I hadn't listened to a full album and they blew my mind. He also opened my eyes to Kate Bush, The Dualers, Symarip, Judge Dredd and shitloads of Ska.

The Smiths I've always liked, New Order and Joy Division were all bands I'd been into since hearing a Gallagher brother say they liked them in an interview in the mid nineties

I was there for the chaos of the Libertines erupting and have met Carl Barat a few times and the others. Arctic Monkeys I watched in 2005 and they blew my mind how young they all looked.

Back on track, The Pixies I have only discovered in recent history say 2009 or so, same with Carter USM, Prince I only appreciated after seeing him play the hop farm festival

A recommendation I'd give to anyone is The Temperence Movement and 5 finger death punch

One of my mates brothers is Pete Molinari and I think, but I might be wrong @stonemuse or @Stone is a fan

• Options
    Laish.
  • Options

Wire
    Suede (thanks to the most recent 2 albums. A prog-rock band, basically.)

For mine, the best post-punk band and the best Britpop band (obviously neither would claim to be either of those things)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018

stonemuse said:

@PragueAddick

Would you say their two recent albums are a change of direction from their earlier stuff? Or did I just somehow miss them in the Britrock 'blur"?

Earlier stuff is a bit more upbeat, but Brett Anderson's vocals are so distinctive it doesn't suggest a massive change of direction. Try the third album "Coming Up", probably my favourite. You'll maybe know Trash and Beautiful Ones, but the whole album is a great "rumination" on 90s culture. Most notably, me and some mates went to see them when in sixth form ... They bunked school, I got my parents to write an absence permission letter because I had a free period. To say I consider the Inbetweeners to be a documentary is an understatement.
  • Options
    While Suede's last two albums have been great and (whisper it) my favourite of theirs post-Butler, I think the first two are stone-cold masterpieces, and Disc 1 of their B-sides compilation Sci-Fi Lullabies is just about as good as either of them. You really can't go wrong with anything up to and including Coming Up, or the last two. Head Music, A New Morning and Bloodsports are less good IMO, but still one hell of a career.

The first one is marginally my favourite - and it's also one of my favourite albums ever.
  • Options
    Head music is half and half. But worth it for the good half... Not like you have to sit through a gramaphone record these days. I must admit, today was the first day I'd listened to their new record. I liked it, but will spare judgement
  • Options
    It's quite a subtly put-together record, it should grow on you (as it did on me)
  • Options
    Television
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Only just started listening to the Cocteau Twins, had multiple people recommend them to me over the last few years knowing my love of shoegaze and dream pop but never got round to listening to them until last month.

I've got a lot of catching up to do as I love them, Liz Fraser's voice is amazing! I've heard her voice before (Teardrop by Massive Attack) but hearing it over the course of an album is quite hypnotic.
  • Options

Only just started listening to the Cocteau Twins, had multiple people recommend them to me over the last few years knowing my love of shoegaze and dream pop but never got round to listening to them until last month.

I've got a lot of catching up to do as I love them, Liz Fraser's voice is amazing! I've heard her voice before (Teardrop by Massive Attack) but hearing it over the course of an album is quite hypnotic.

Heaven Or Las Vegas is the pinnacle imo
  • Options
    Jeff Buckley and his wonderful 'Grace' album eluded me for many years.

When I finally purchase the CD in HMV, the assistant felt obliged to hold it aloft and make an announcement to the busy store.
    "At last ... someone with good taste has bought an album worth having". I felt kinda proud and embarrassed at the same time.
  • Options
    Anybody know about ‘The Dead Daisys’ loud rocking Aussies
  • Options

stonemuse said:

@PragueAddick

Yes they are different ... but all good bands should change now and then in order to progress. The early stuff is still terrific.