Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Drones at Gatwick

Comments

• Options

its not even holidays its people getting home for Christmas all very sad i think.

usually i slag off train companies but fair fucking play to lner who are offering any passengers affected on flights to Scotland free travel on there trains.

Surely they will have agreed a compo with the airlines for this in advance of the statement....or am I just being cynical?!?
  • Options
    I am almost impressed how some jokers with some fairly widely-available kit have brought the UK to its knees, and all without getting caught yet
  • Options
    Obviously I second the 'punish them severely' sentiment but it's pretty cool, in a way
  • Options
    All a bit sadistic that Charlton Life keeps advertising me Drones now.
  • Options
    I fly back to Gatwick at the weekend so hoping this is sorted. I don’t want to spend Christmas in an airport.

Also, knowing Horley, I wouldn't be shocked to discover it’s a couple of bored chavs on the nearby Riverside estate. You wouldn’t need an expensive drone to get over to Gatwick from there.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I am almost impressed how some jokers with some fairly widely-available kit have brought the UK to its knees, and all without getting caught yet

Unless they had a tough upbringing
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I fly back to Gatwick at the weekend so hoping this is sorted. I don’t want to spend Christmas in an airport.

Also, knowing Horley, I wouldn't be shocked to discover it’s a couple of bored chavs on the nearby Riverside estate. You wouldn’t need an expensive drone to get over to Gatwick from there.

Same, my flight currently says I’ve got to go back via Manchester, hoping that changes as that would be an absolute nightmare.
  • Options

I got one for sale. In used condition and may contain lead shot
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Same, my flight currently says I’ve got to go back via Manchester, hoping that changes as that would be an absolute nightmare.
    I've finally stumbled across a reason for wanting the drones to keep flying.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

It would, but its better than being stuck like everyone today/ last night has been. most will have to just cancel plans whether its going away or even coming home for xmas, not everyone has the money to catch another flight or make other arrangements especially around xmas time.

There is something seriously wrong with who ever is managing the whole situation, i feel sorry for anyone involved/ stuck. One of my mates is in Gatwick and has been all morning, i would hate to be in his situation or anyone there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Now they call in the army - what took them 16 hours or so to make that decision?

Utter shambles.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Now they call in the army - what took them 16 hours or so to make that decision?

The army are too busy stockpiling medicines and food.
  • Options
    All seems a bit strange this ... possibly more to it than we realise?
  • Options
    WSS said:

bobmunro said:

Oh yes - forgot about that!

Carry on Police - not sure you can taser it out of the sky but keep trying!

• Options
    WSS said:

bobmunro said:

Keep it to the politics group please!

Geez...Moderation of that has gone down hill quickly.
  • Options
    Flying back to England on Saturday and don't like the sound of this at all.
  • Options
    Oh well, makes a change from Brexit.

Got a feeling this ones gonna run for a while yet.

• Options
    T_C_E said:

Fight, Fight............... ;)

Everyone wants: Flight, Flight....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1905 said:

Even more sadistic is that I am getting adverts for a fecking treadmill!!

You could just get over to Gatwick and just grab it out of the sky.
  • Options
    1905 said:

Even more sadistic is that I am getting adverts for a fecking treadmill!!

Your Mrs has been using your laptop for your Christmas present 😉

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I don’t really understand the criticism of the authorities on this thread. I’d imagine we don’t have all the information, and I’m not entirely sure what it is they’re supposed to have done that they haven’t.

It’s very easy to say ‘it wouldn’t be allowed to happen elsewhere!’ but without an example to back that up, I don’t see the logic.

its 2020, we have so much technology these days. i am pretty sure the solution isn't going to be that difficult, granted i am assuming.... but it does seem a bit extreme.

If we cant cope with a drone issue, what if Gatwick got under siege? i know its a completely different kettle of fish but it does seem to your average person this has been dragged out and poorly handled.

*drops mic*
  • Options
    This is stupid, just track the drone to where it lands. They're having to collect and charge the ones they're rotating somehow.

Then shoot the fucknuckle in both knees.
  • Options
    Apparently we’re the most CCTV-monitored nation in the world ... and yet they haven’t caught the drones on film?
  • Options
    edited December 2018

i think the reason for not shooting it down is #dronelivesmatter

or bullet drop issues.

Also it's looking more and more like these are not regular drones, instead being some sort of long range, highly agile drones.