Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Options
    Signing to be announced at 12...

Stevo or one of the new players mentioned above?
    Let's hope it's Stevo....
  • Options
    Just heard two players set to be announced once the season finishes. One an experienced bowler (gronawald?) And a top promising spinner from another county. Dom Bess ?? 
    Hamidullah Qadri is the spinner, 3 year deal from Derbyshire

• Options
    It seems that Kent have benefitted as a result of Min Patel coaching the lad with the England U19s.  
  • Options
    Denly and Crawley in the test squad. When was the last time two Kent players were in the same squad?
    April 

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/denly-and-billings-named-in-england-squads/
  • Options
    seems like potential more than anything else
  • Options
    Just heard two players set to be announced once the season finishes. One an experienced bowler (gronawald?) And a top promising spinner from another county. Dom Bess ?? 

Will he become the first person born this century to play for Kent? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Will he become the first person born this century to play for Kent? 
    I'd have put you in the New Labour camp of thinking the new millennium  century started in 2000. Jordan Cox would be the first if so.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Start delayed.

It has rained pretty much continuously in my part of Kent, 20 miles or so from Canterbury, since around 5:30 pm yesterday.

I'll be amazed if there is any play before lunch and it is not beyond the realms that there will be no play today at all!

You've still got it @Fanny Fanackapan !
    No play Tuesday because of rain.
  • Options
    We need to play as only a win gets us third
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Start delayed.

It has rained pretty much continuously in my part of Kent, 20 miles or so from Canterbury, since around 5:30 pm yesterday.

I'll be amazed if there is any play before lunch and it is not beyond the realms that there will be no play today at all!

You've still got it @Fanny Fanackapan !
      Lol ! 

Think I overdid the dancing.....

But great news re Stevo ! 

Onwards & upwards !!
  • Options
    Stevens signs one year deal.

Qadri is a great talent, very good signing.
    Yeah  but am I jealous. 

Yes I am.

Congratulations on a great season as well my Kentish cousins 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Denly and Crawley in the test squad. When was the last time two Kent players were in the same squad?
    April 

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/denly-and-billings-named-in-england-squads/
    That answers my question. How about test squads
  • Options
    Stevens could be Qadri's dad.
    Well, maybe not.
  • Options
    Stevens could be Qadri's dad.
    Well, maybe not.
    @kentaddick

You can take over from here... :-)
  • Options
    With Tresco retiring, Stevo must be well ahead in the oldest players in England table

I'm guessing Gareth Batty is next. 42 in October, so a mere juvenile!
  • Options
    The usual unpredictable September weather once again playing havoc with some very important games....a typical anti climax to the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The usual unpredictable September weather once again playing havoc with some very important games....a typical anti climax to the season.
    A real shame that could have been a really exciting week has been ruined
  • Options
    Game drawn, highest finish since 2006.
    That’ll do me.
    Well done Kent!
    Thankfully most of the players have achieved any personal milestones already (50 wickets for the season etc). DBD could have got 1000 run but would have needed a good second innings score

Lancs, Gloucs and Northants promoted to Div 1
  • Options
    I think you'll find that up until about a week ago, the September weather, as usual, has been fairly good.
    I really don't get the September weather bashing, fifth test bathed in sun,and beginning of month very good too.
    Rather cricket in September than April.
  • Options
    I think you'll find that up until about a week ago, the September weather, as usual, has been fairly good.
    I really don't get the September weather bashing, fifth test bathed in sun,and beginning of month very good too.
    Both are problematic months, where you are in the lap of the weather gods!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Both are problematic months, where you are in the lap of the weather gods!
    But, KAF, September this year?
    I don't have the stats, but I think youàll find  Sept is normally a dry month and far better than April.
  • Options
    Looking at the table, Kent amazingly have the most batting points (36) TEN more than Essex, and only 2 fewer bowling points

As we got the most bonus points, I think we should be awarded the title  :)

Still a great turnaround from last season when we only seemed to score runs in the second innings!
  • Options
    Looking at the table, Kent amazingly have the most batting points (36) TEN more than Essex, and only 2 fewer bowling points

As we got the most bonus points, I think we should be awarded the title  :)

Still a great turnaround from last season when we only seemed to score runs in the second innings!
    Long may it last !
  • Options
    Your info was bang on! Groenewald has just been confirmed!

• Options
    I might have to stop buying The Times after reading what they have said about our neighbour's achievements this season:

Season to forget award Surrey

While Nottinghamshire had an appalling championship season, finishing bottom of the table without a victory, they did, at least, get to T20 finals day. Surrey, last year’s county champions, endured a forgettable season across all three formats, finishing sixth in the championship, bottom of the group in the one-day cup and second from bottom in the Blast. It is, though, one of the reasons we love county cricket — it is gloriously unpredictable. Champions one year, nowhere the next to prove silverware isn’t necessarily linked to wealth.

It's just not cricket!