Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/jones-fired-up-for-future-career/

Geraint Jones is training to be an on call firefighter. He'll be based in Sandwich!
    Sounds like he's doing a Sandwich course.
  • Stewart said:
    Because of the stick playing for Charlton, he is going to try his luck with Kent  :)
  • Not Kent as such but......

Somerset will start the 2020 County Championship season on -12 points after being handed a points deduction for producing a poor pitch against Essex.

Somerset were found guilty of breaching pitch regulations in the Championship-deciding match against Essex in September, in which the surface at Taunton was rated "poor" due to "excessive unevenness of bounce".

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) charged Somerset with a breach of the regulation that requires that: 'Each County shall actively seek to prepare the best quality cricket pitch that it can for the match that it is staging'.

Somerset will start the 2020 County Championship season on -12 points after being handed a points deduction for producing a poor pitch against Essex.

Somerset were found guilty of breaching pitch regulations in the Championship-deciding match against Essex in September, in which the surface at Taunton was rated "poor" due to "excessive unevenness of bounce".

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) charged Somerset with a breach of the regulation that requires that: 'Each County shall actively seek to prepare the best quality cricket pitch that it can for the match that it is staging'.

I wonder what would have happened if Somerset had won that match and thus won the title? It's a bit akin to the Saracens situation where a team breaks the rules but only gets punished the following season when it's too late for the other team that might have won the title.
  • That's a ridiculous ruling. The ECB can't stand Somerset threatening their favoured counties. I hope they win the title anyway 

Good they've avoided a penalty for this for too long. They have been on their last warning for neary 2 years. I think there have been 3 times in that period the umpires have deemed the pitch poor and they haven't been punished. About time.
  • Exactly. Bad weather forecast, they have to win, so deliberately prepared a pitch to be a batting minefield. 

Again. 
  • Can't be bothered to open a new thread, but Billings has pulled out of franchise cricket to prepare himself for next summer which is good news for Kent

• Bless his cotton socks ! 

And THREE T20 games at Tunbridge Wells this time !!!!

All round Fanackapan Towers afterwards ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Congratulations to Zac Crawley, Ollie Robinson and Matt Milnes who have all been selected for the England Lions tour of Australia - Milnes for the 50 over matches and Crawley and Robinson for the 4 day match squad. 

These aren't the only players with a Kent association, however, as two other products of the county are in the squad namely Sam Northeast and Ollie Robinson - yes the "other" Ollie Robinson (Paul Farbrace's stepson). Just hope the scorers don't get the two muddled up! 

• Congratulations to Zac Crawley, Ollie Robinson and Matt Milnes who have all been selected for the England Lions tour of Australia - Milnes for the 50 over matches and Crawley and Robinson for the 4 day match squad. 

These aren't the only players with a Kent association, however, as two other products of the county are in the squad namely Sam Northeast and Ollie Robinson - yes the "other" Ollie Robinson (Paul Farbrace's stepson). Just hope the scorers don't get the two muddled up! 

That could get really confusing, thank goodness for squad numbers now!

An amazing breakthrough season for Matt Milnes, one year a Notts squad player struggling to breakthrough, the next playing well enough for Kent to get an England A call up. I hope our young bowlers can still progress without Donald being around
  • Good stuff. 
  • is Crawley on the South Africa tour
  • is Crawley on the South Africa tour
    Yes, he and Denly are in the practice match that started today

Fanny, the 3 games at TW are RLC, ie 50 games not T20. should be an interesting week though, although it clashes with the H so we will be deprived of several top players. 
  • Ah, you spotted my deliberate mistake, @redman....

:smile:
  • Denly retired out for 60, which included 10 4s and 1 6!
  • Denly retired out for 60, which included 10 4s and 1 6!
    Good to see they have put out a decent standard of opposition for the warm up games......

I noticed Kent had three games at TW. As it's just a 3-mile walk from where I live, I suppose I might have to watch one or two of those. However, it doesn't mean it's all back to Thai Malaysia Addick Towers afterwards instead. I'm not sure we want a load of Kent supporters occupying our house as my wife and I burst into our regular evening rendition of 'Good Old Sussex By The Sea'.
  • Sponsored links:

I noticed Kent had three games at TW. As it's just a 3-mile walk from where I live, I suppose I might have to watch one or two of those. However, it doesn't mean it's all back to Thai Malaysia Addick Towers afterwards instead. I'm not sure we want a load of Kent supporters occupying our house as my wife and I burst into our regular evening rendition of 'Good Old Sussex By The Sea'.
    Are Surrey fans welcome? ;)

Of course. We usually beat Surrey.

To be fair that really isn't much of an achievement. Everybody beat them last season.
  • Morning all.

To be fair that really isn't much of an achievement. Everybody beat them last season.
    Morning Blackpool, Canters, TP and all the other Surrey supporters that frequent the Garden Of England cricket thread.

Apologies to you as I was incorrect. Only the following counties actually beat you last season:

Essex (X3)
    Kent (X3)
    Middlesex (X3)
    Somerset (X3)
    Gloucestershire (X2)
    Hampshire (X2)
    Glamorgan
    Sussex
    Warwickshire
    Yorkshire

Not sure how many of the other half a dozen or so counties faced you but, nevertheless, you should be proud of the fact that a county with your financial clout only lost 20 times in total! 

Except for one team one wonderful night in August :)  (which Kent should have strolled btw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwnxAA1GtyQ

Except for one team one wonderful night in August :)  (which Kent should have strolled btw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwnxAA1GtyQ
    Buy enough lottery tickets and eventually you will win!
  • Talking about Surrey, Tom Curran has just been hit for 17 runs off 5 balls - by a "batsman" (Fawad Ahmed) who previously had recorded a top score, from 88 T20 matches, of, wait for it, 5!

To be fair he did get him out eventually (finished with figures of 4-0-32-3)