Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds spygate scandal

Comments

• Options

Whilst the game is still rife with diving, shifty agents and cunt owners I think this is somehow a breath of fresh air and “old school” at the same time, fair play to Bielsa.

Agreed... Bielsa hasnt pissed around, he's admitted it at the first opportunity, no it doesnt make it right necessarily yet better to do that than let it drag out and make the matter worse for himself - Of course there are rumours that Villas-Boas did it whilst at Chelsea (something that Frank Lampard has denied) yet will be embarrassing for him now if it comes out that it did happen

Certainly think that the FA | Premier League | Football League should take a look into all clubs to ensure they're not doing this and if they're not happy... Change the bloody rules!!
  • Options
    I understand that Robinson has a dossier for each of the opposition his team faces too so he can counter their different formations and style of play. How do I know? A mate of mine says he's seen the Post-It Notes.
  • Options
    Now you all can see what I’ve been saying about Bielsa and Leeds for a while. Special man where he has dedicated his life to the game and his knowledge is absolutely incredible. Shows up everyone else in my opinion, he’s fantastic.
  • Options

Am I the only one who is uncomfortable with this?

I have no love for Lampard or Derby but this just leaves a bitter taste.
    And reading all the journos on Twitter literally coming over it makes it worse.
    It’s not like it’s a new thing all this analysis by heh, you caught us spying & grassed us up so we’re going to make you pay.

Dirty Leeds.

The point being that the "spygate" nonsense has nothing to do with why Leeds beat Derby, he'd already done a metric fuckton of research.
  • Options
    It's distasteful but if it's within the rules and no trespass or damage is caused there's nothing to be done.

If the EFL/PL/FA/UEFA/FIFA etc want this to be stopped it's now up to them.
  • Options
    We should be applauding Bielsa for his transparency, even though he admitted he feels uncomfortable and ashamed to have to come out and explain what he does.

Bielsa has taken full responsibility of everything regarding this matter, but tonight he has exhibited what Leeds supporters already knew, what Pep and Pochettino already knew, he dedicates his life to the game, spends countless hours on his work, on developing his values and beliefs to his team to be successful and countless hours on incredible extensive knowledge on each and every opponent.

Sending a member of staff to go out and stand on public ground watching a training session is not going to make a difference because he has shown to everyone tonight how he already has the knowledge and information, he is doing it because he feels as though he wouldn’t be doing everything he can in his job otherwise. No rules have been broken.

Tonight he has shown that he knows more about Derby County than Lampard does. He will have the same extensive knowledge and detail on each and every team they play this season. A member of staff watching a training session does not provide that, it’s the work he does that provides it.

For me, he has stood there tonight and shown what it takes to be a top class manager, to dedicate your life to the game and is showing that if you want to be the best you can be, you need to do what he has been doing for years. He should be the model for all aspiring managers and coaches in my view, including ones already in the game. Get anything like him in knowledge, hard work and attention to detail and you’ll go a long way.

I understand this post could make me sound like a Leeds supporter, but they are my father’s club and by that, naturally my second team. I hope this press conference tonight gains him more respect and puts this nonsense debate to bed. It would be fantastic to have Leeds back in the Premier League in my opinion, even more when you have some right crap clubs currently in the league.

Well done Bielsa.
  • Options
    Football is based around cheating, it is simply that some forms of cheating are acceptable and others aren't. I would say trying to find out how your opponents are going to set up, or set piece plans is hardly cheating at all in relation to what goes on in the game. Is a club tapping up an under contract player not worse, is a player diving not worse?
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

It’s not like it’s a new thing all this analysis by heh, you caught us spying & grassed us up so we’re going to make you pay.

Dirty Leeds.

The point being that the "spygate" nonsense has nothing to do with why Leeds beat Derby, he'd already done a metric fuckton of research.
    So why send someone with a pair of pliers to break in then?
    And then why when you’ve been found out give a PowerPoint presentation about the teams tactics to the media on the day the team you spied against are playing in the cup?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think this is superb due diligence by Biesla to ensure his team has the best chance of wining. Every base is covered, every eventuality considered and countered. What a pleasant change from the assclowns we've had as managers. Play the same formation every game regardless of the opposition, or maybe just ask Callum Harriot how Colchester played while he was on loan there instead of doing some actual f@cking work and scouting them properly.
  • Options
    I don't want to say anything nice about Leeds and I won't. Shithouse of a club and always have been

Biesla has just done what I naively assumed scouts and professional league managers did. They do their homework, they understand what they are up against and they prepare accordingly. And with the volume of data available nowadays I don't know why anyone wouldn't do it.
  • Options
    For those that havent read Pochettino's book, its quite clear that Poch gets most if not all of his methods from Bielsa and they speak on a weekly basis.

Poch is known as Bielsa-Lite in many parts of the media.

(His book is well worth a read btw!)
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Dirty Leeds.

So why send someone with a pair of pliers to break in then?
    And then why when you’ve been found out give a PowerPoint presentation about the teams tactics to the media on the day the team you spied against are playing in the cup?
    Only Derby (or even just Lampard himself) have bought up this pliers thing, Bielsa fully admits to sending someone to watch the training but no more than that. If someone was actually trying to get in with pliers that sounds like something to get the plod interested in and so far, nothing.

Second point... Why not? He owes Derby nothing and gains nothing from it as the cup game isn't against Leeds. It's just standard mind games and Lampard will just have to get used to those if he wants to stick it out as a manager.
  • Options
    The pliers story sounds like rubbish. Lampard is the only person to have said it, no mention of it from Derby's official channels or mention from the police.

If they police just moved him on and didn't bother to arrest or caution him, it sounds like he was just stood there watching.
  • Options
    Show me a Club that hasn't cheated at some point.

Only difference is that Bielsa, when challenged, has admitted it all - and more. How many times has a player been honest and said "I dived" or "I wasn't injured and deliberately tried to get that player booked" or "yes I did walk to the other side of the pitch when I saw my number coming up on the subs board". Or a Club said that they did have a word with a youngster, even if it was via his agent, tapping him up?

Glass houses and all that.
  • Options
    Think this is a great way of dealing with the media backlash.

He's gone from people saying "disgrace" to people saying "wow, fair play".

Wow, fair play.......
  • Options
    edited January 2019

The pliers story sounds like rubbish. Lampard is the only person to have said it, no mention of it from Derby's official channels or mention from the police.

If they police just moved him on and didn't bother to arrest or caution him, it sounds like he was just stood there watching.

Good job, it wasn’t a couple of spanners, it would have kicked off when the OB arrived.
  • Options
    Oh this pliers story is complete nonsense :joy: Leeds have not broken any rules or laws within the game or even in the outside world. Each and every member of staff sent has been on public land, looking through parts of the training grounds, they haven’t broken in and they haven’t done anything but stand and observe.

So frustrating when after what Bielsa presenters yesterday, all headlines are he has spied on every club this season. He already bloody admitted that before?! Why can the headline not be, Bielsa presents extensive knowledge that shows why Leeds are top of The Championship.

British media have their own agendas. Players even realise it, have a look at Karl Henry’s twitter for more as an example.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Show me a Club that hasn't cheated at some point.

Only difference is that Bielsa, when challenged, has admitted it all - and more. How many times has a player been honest and said "I dived" or "I wasn't injured and deliberately tried to get that player booked" or "yes I did walk to the other side of the pitch when I saw my number coming up on the subs board". Or a Club said that they did have a word with a youngster, even if it was via his agent, tapping him up?

Glass houses and all that.

Charlton Athletic.
    You want to ask Paddy Powell if he ever dived to get a penalty!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Sage said:

We should be applauding Bielsa for his transparency, even though he admitted he feels uncomfortable and ashamed to have to come out and explain what he does.

Bielsa has taken full responsibility of everything regarding this matter, but tonight he has exhibited what Leeds supporters already knew, what Pep and Pochettino already knew, he dedicates his life to the game, spends countless hours on his work, on developing his values and beliefs to his team to be successful and countless hours on incredible extensive knowledge on each and every opponent.

Sending a member of staff to go out and stand on public ground watching a training session is not going to make a difference because he has shown to everyone tonight how he already has the knowledge and information, he is doing it because he feels as though he wouldn’t be doing everything he can in his job otherwise. No rules have been broken.

Tonight he has shown that he knows more about Derby County than Lampard does. He will have the same extensive knowledge and detail on each and every team they play this season. A member of staff watching a training session does not provide that, it’s the work he does that provides it.

For me, he has stood there tonight and shown what it takes to be a top class manager, to dedicate your life to the game and is showing that if you want to be the best you can be, you need to do what he has been doing for years. He should be the model for all aspiring managers and coaches in my view, including ones already in the game. Get anything like him in knowledge, hard work and attention to detail and you’ll go a long way.

I understand this post could make me sound like a Leeds supporter, but they are my father’s club and by that, naturally my second team. I hope this press conference tonight gains him more respect and puts this nonsense debate to bed. It would be fantastic to have Leeds back in the Premier League in my opinion, even more when you have some right crap clubs currently in the league.

Well done Bielsa.

Second this. The man is absolutely incredible. Tried linking him with us over the last couple years before he took the Leeds job. Everyone laughed at me. There's a reason why the best coaches think he's the best coach.

Lampard's "I'd rather not coach than do this" fuck off. You played under Jose Mourinho who also used to prepare very well for games just not this well. If Lampard wants to be a good manager, he should be taking notes, not whinging. I worry about that "Golden Generation" in coaching, both having had everything on a platter and having watched their managers get away with so much, I think there will be stretches like this when something happens that they don't like where all the do is moan because frankly someone else is smarter, harder working, and better than they are.
    100% @SDAddick.

Bielsa has shown Lampard right up and he won’t admit to that, this golden boy that the media love, we can’t have some guy from abroad come here and out-smart and out-work him. Do one. There’s a reason why he’s been at the top of the game, why top managers say how much he has influenced them. If Lampard doesn’t want to learn from this, he’s being naive and ultimately making his career far harder for himself. He’s focusing too much on one member of staff and not what Bielsa knows and does to prepare. More fool him really.

Bielsa, known as loco, and he may well be, but he is a breath of fresh air and I am very much enjoying Leeds and his own personal success this season. Goodness me, it’s so much better than the usual dinosaur manager doing the same dinosaur routines and expecting to be successful. Many things wrong with the British game and Lampard’s attitude to Bielsa is one example of a wider problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    Classic tomfoolery
  • Options
    Sage said:

Also, Bielsa isn’t doing this for an ego, as an example, he has said he has watched Sheffield United for hours and hours since Wilder has been in charge. He has said he has tried to replicate some of the work Wilder does but has said that he can’t, he’s praised Wilder massively, and when you consider each background, to come out and say I’ve tried to copy his ideas but I don’t have the ability to, I am sure that Chris Wilder would’ve been very pleased with that.

What could've been.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Also, Bielsa isn’t doing this for an ego, as an example, he has said he has watched Sheffield United for hours and hours since Wilder has been in charge. He has said he has tried to replicate some of the work Wilder does but has said that he can’t, he’s praised Wilder massively, and when you consider each background, to come out and say I’ve tried to copy his ideas but I don’t have the ability to, I am sure that Chris Wilder would’ve been very pleased with that.

As per the opening of your post it certainly doesnt sound like his ego - At one point one of the tweets last night mentioned how he gets anxiety over potentially being "found out" as a Manager as so does all this to stave off failure.

In a way its a shock he's not been linked with the Man Utd job what with his past CV
  • Options
    nasty Argie cheat spies on proper Englishman Frank