Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Be Honest Now.......

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
What players have you been completely wrong about?

I watched a Kent Senior Cup match at Margate featuring both Primus and Rufus some years back. I told my brother afterwards that I thought Primus was really going places but that we may well see young Rufus as a Hartsdown regular in a season or two!

That is head and shoulders my worse misjudgement!

Comments

• Options
    They'll be few people eating humble pie when young Lisbie finds his feet.
  • Options
    Chris Powell, first saw him in a Charlton shirt in a pre season friendly at Layer Road and thought he looked poor.
  • Options
    Easy peasy, ABout the time giggs first burst onto the scene, i said he would go on to be a world beater!\

How wrong can anyone be!

Awful player, the most overrated fashion. SO yeah thats mine Len, whey worse than yours.
  • Options
    I watched Kish when he first came and thought he was awesome BUT.....

;-) Sorry Len.

I never rated Andy Hunt to be honest when he first arrived on the scene.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]They'll be few people eating humble pie when young Lisbie finds his feet.

Shouldn't that comment be on the dancing thread?:-)
  • Options
    Eddie Youds' first game at home to Forest I think. His first touch was whats a total slice and almost let Van Hooijdonk in, I remember thinking at the time 'what have we signed here' but he had a superb game and became a legend
  • Options
    Stuart Balmer, a calamitous own goal on debut and looked poor generally, but he seemed to be in and out of the team early in his Charlton career.Once he got a run he looked a different player.
  • Options
    Luke Young - first two seasons, can't repeat what I thought of him.
  • Options
    Mark Reid

GRAHAM STUART

Amdy faye - oh not i was right he is shit
  • Options
    Luke Young - during his first few months, looked less than ordinary for a £4million pound player.
    We called him Luke Warm.

Never guessed he'd win 7 caps for England and be our Player of the Year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stuart Balmer for me, but he came direct from Celtic reserves to our first team and took a bit of time adjusting, during which he looked hapless, to be fair he cost us a few goals/lost points.

Johnny Robinson over the first couple of (non performing) seasons, you could see he had the talent but just couldn't put it all together on the pitch, I never thought he'd make it.

Bob Bolder...disastrous on his debut at Man City, so bad I thought he'd never get a game in the first XI ever again, but he became a legend.

In contrast I saw Linvoy Primus play one of his very few first team performances - in a League Cup match and I thought he was worth keeping hold of, my Charlton supporting mates all disagreed wuith me though.
  • Options
    Jimmy Traore.

Though he was going to be an excellent signing LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Easy peasy, ABout the time giggs first burst onto the scene, i said he would go on to be a world beater!\

How wrong can anyone be!

Awful player, the most overrated fashion. SO yeah thats mine Len, whey worse than yours.

So wrong, it's not even funny
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Easy peasy, ABout the time giggs first burst onto the scene, i said he would go on to be a world beater!\

How wrong can anyone be!

So wrong, it's not even funny

I think MCS has a point. Apart from the 9 league titles, 4 FA cups and the European Cup what has he ever won?
  • Options
    dennis rommedahl.
    couldn't believe he was coming to us.
    now i know why there was no competition for his signature.
  • Options
    I honestly thought JFH would compliment Dazza superbly when we signed him - how wrong could I be...
  • Options
    Matt Holland.

In a good team, i never saw what he brought to the table. In a poor team you saw better the role he plays.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

I think MCS has a point. Apart from the 9 league titles, 4 FA cups and the European Cup what has he ever won?

Well according to Wikipedia 2 league cups, 5 community shields,1 European super cup and 1 Intercontinental cup. Plus he was voted into the Premiership team of the decade, and also the FA Cup team of the century.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Well according to Wikipedia 2 league cups, 5 community shields,1 European super cup and 1 Intercontinental cup. Plus he was voted into the Premiership team of the decade, and also the FA Cup team of the century.

Well obviously those as well but apart from that what has he ever won?
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited June 2007
    Who said anything about him winning anything, i think he is the most over rated player this side of Peter Crouch! Remember, Djimmi traore has won a champions league, so you lot saying 'yeah he has won this and has won that blah blah' is a load of rubbish. He is one footed, eyes to close together, used to play for England schoolboys, then defaulted to the welsh! Come on man, its indefensible! I dont even need to go on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He played for England schools, as he went to an English school.

Amazing talent, won many a match on his own, scored one of the best goals I've ever seen in the game against Arsenal.

You, Sir, are wrong.
  • Options
    So wrong its silly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]He played for England schools, as he went to an English school.

Amazing talent, won many a match on his own, scored one of the best goals I've ever seen in the game against Arsenal.

You, Sir, are wrong.

oh bugger off, he shinned that goal, it was luck how he didnt manage to fall over Garry Nelson style whilst doing that dribbleing, again most overrated goal from the most overrated player that has been. All this is true, i tells ya!
  • Options
    You, sir, are on the wind up, and wish you good day
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]You, sir, are on the wind up, and wish you good day

mate on my life, i am not on the wind up. There are just some manure players that are just hyped up, because of of the team! Giggs, is just awful! Anyone remember that goal he scored against fulham (i think) he totally shinned it and the commentators just kept on saying oh what a goal and all that, and nobody just nobody saw that it hit his shin and fell in the net! He spooned it big time, and the papers went mental say what a goal what goal! I am going to put scholes, butt and carrick into the same overrated bracket!

Not a wind up my friend, and i reckon we should agree to disagree.
  • Options
    Giggs is one if the best players to play in the Prem, you can't blame the guy for being Welsh.
  • Options
    I have to say that I consider Giggs to be an excellent player although I think Ollie has a point when he says the Man U players get hyped up.

When we beat West Ham 4-0 Giggs and Ambrose scored very similar goals that day. Hansen spent most of Match Of The Day having orgasms over Giggs' goal yet Ambroses didn't warrant even a mention!!
  • Options
    All shined

Don't even go there on Scholes
  • Options
    Paul Bacon - when I first saw him I thought he wasn't very good, but after a few more games I realised I was wrong and that he was actually complete and utter sh*te