Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Grant moves to Huddersfield

Comments

• Options
    Talk of a 20m fee from Wolves to bring him in.

Another piece of Roland genius getting about 2 million from Grant and Aribo when if they were on proper contracts, we’d be getting at least 10 times that just 6-12 months later.
    Not necessarily.

Wolves are prepared to pay that because they saw how he did last season in the PL. If he'd stayed with us, they probably wouldn't be paying 20m for a striker with just a decent 6 months at Championship level.
  • Options

Another piece of Roland genius getting about 2 million from Grant and Aribo when if they were on proper contracts, we’d be getting at least 10 times that just 6-12 months later.
    True although successful managers and many fans didn’t deem him good enough for a long time until bowyer had the sense to play him up front .  Don’t forget Robinson preferred big Josh
  • Options
    Do we get any dosh if he is sold on? If so, how much if he is sold for 20m.?
  • Options

And Konsa, sold for £2m (I think?) and sold for about £12m.
  • Options

We were unlucky with Karlan, who'd been bang average until that Crawley loan spell, then got arrested in the summer when in normal circumstances we might have offered him a deal.

Aribo was stupidity though

Of course players do sometimes improve when they move clubs. Grant and Konsa both improved playing at a higher level with better players, while the same has happened to the likes of Bonne and Davison here.
  • Options
    Lookman is the only player we got a decent fee for. JBG, Pope, Lonsa, KAG, Aribo, Konsa, Stephens, Yann all sold for peanuts and then went on to help their sides in the PL
  • Options
    Lookman is the only player we got a decent fee for. JBG, Pope, Lonsa, KAG, Aribo, Konsa, Stephens, Yann all sold for peanuts and then went on to help their sides in the PL
    I'd forgotten about Lonsa.....
  • Options
    Am i right in thinking Pope left for nothing with no sell on?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Am i right in thinking Pope left for nothing with no sell on?
    Undisclosed but said to be £1m. No idea on whether there’s a sell on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The fella has no class. Irrespective of any of our knuckle scraping brigade that mention personal stuff on social media. He was with our club from aged 12.......respect the club. Disregard the Neanderthal brigade. Respect the club that made you.....and the fans that (mostly) appreciated what you did. Absolute tool.
    Why should he show respect when he hasnt been respected.

He gets constantly abused by Charlton fans on social media, he was abused throughout the whole game at The Valley.

You say disregard the neanderthal brigade as far as he is concerned that is majority of the fans atm because thats how it comes across with the abusr he receives 
    Well, I don't see it that way at all. We all know every club has a minority of tools and you, and Karlan do, too. Having the class and common sense to acknowledge most sensible people aren't out to do anything other than be passionate and support their club isn't hard. Karlan was out of order. Simples.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The fella has no class. Irrespective of any of our knuckle scraping brigade that mention personal stuff on social media. He was with our club from aged 12.......respect the club. Disregard the Neanderthal brigade. Respect the club that made you.....and the fans that (mostly) appreciated what you did. Absolute tool.
    Why should he show respect when he hasnt been respected.

He gets constantly abused by Charlton fans on social media, he was abused throughout the whole game at The Valley.

You say disregard the neanderthal brigade as far as he is concerned that is majority of the fans atm because thats how it comes across with the abusr he receives 
    Well, I don't see it that way at all. We all know every club has a minority of tools and you, and Karlan do, too. Having the class and common sense to acknowledge most sensible people aren't out to do anything other than be passionate and support their club isn't hard. Karlan was out of order. Simples.
    I'm sure Karlan knows that and I'm also sure that any sensible fans there would know that it was directed at the muppets who somehow thought that giving him abuse would do anything other than spur him on to score two goals against us.
  • Options
    To be fair our fans were singing the Craig David song loud and clear at the start of last season.
  • Options
    The guys a wrong un, massive scum bag indeed.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    I’m sorry the guys a c*nt 
    I’d go along with that.