Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Grant moves to Huddersfield

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    If "she said no" is sung then that's deplorable. 

He really doesn't deserve pelters. As has been mentioned above, got a very healthy pay rise, and was reportedly in tears when leaving Sparrows Lane (where he'd been since the age of twelve).

And wasn't there that other report that he and Aribo both got contract offers, which were then replaced by offers worth half as much? Like fair play. I'd leave any organisation who did that to me as soon as was feasible.
    He deserves to get booed. Ibiza situation doesn’t put him in a good light even if charges were dropped. 
    Yet I don’t remember the “she said no” chants when he was here, you know, when the alleged incident happened. 
    That chant is in poor taste 
    It’s a direct reference to the ridiculous point you were making 
  • Options
    Doughty with a beautiful touch at pace in wet conditions.
  • Options
    Great block from solly as the ball was played into KG
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Stupid tackle by Gallagher. 7th Yellow.

• Options

Dazzler21 said:
    Stupid tackle by Gallagher. 7th Yellow.

Dazzler21 said:
    Great block from solly as the ball was played into KG

Dazzler21 said:
    Doughty with a beautiful touch at pace in wet conditions.

Lols wandered onto the wrong thread somehow.
  • Options
    Booing Grant shows a lack of class.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

He really doesn't deserve pelters. As has been mentioned above, got a very healthy pay rise, and was reportedly in tears when leaving Sparrows Lane (where he'd been since the age of twelve).

And wasn't there that other report that he and Aribo both got contract offers, which were then replaced by offers worth half as much? Like fair play. I'd leave any organisation who did that to me as soon as was feasible.
    He deserves to get booed. Ibiza situation doesn’t put him in a good light even if charges were dropped. 
    Yet I don’t remember the “she said no” chants when he was here, you know, when the alleged incident happened. 
    Don’t you? Because the ‘Bo Selecta’ song was definitely sung a few times at the start of the season before he got ‘cleared’/started scoring.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    se9addick said:

Don’t you? Because the ‘Bo Selecta’ song was definitely sung a few times at the start of the season before he got ‘cleared’/started scoring.
    “‘Before he got ‘cleared’/started scoring”
  • Options
    What?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite
  • Options
    Well whatever the reason, the songs definitely stopped after a month or so into the season.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I presume Ademola Lookman will pretty much get the same treatment as Grant did tonight if ever he returns with an team

After all he left in the same manner as Grant and Fox
  • Options
    I presume Ademola Lookman will pretty much get the same treatment as Grant did tonight if ever he returns with an team

After all he left in the same manner as Grant and Fox
    Happy to take bets that Josh Magennis will get booed on Friday. 
  • Options
    Glad he got some stick personally. He left midway through the season and almost derailed our promotion bid. I know the club is a shambles and he got offered a huge payrise just as his contract was coming to an end, but I'm a Charlton fan not a Grant fan so I only care about what's best for the  club.

That being said, I don't agree with the Ibiza references. Case was dropped, leave it there. 
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Shocking level of morons in the ground tonight.
    These chants havent just arrived or are you forgetting the ched Evans chants at the valley
    All so bang out of order trying to unsettle and put off a player
    So unsporting man like from the covered end
    Think ched missed a sitter from 2 yards if u remember to highlight my case
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Shocking level of morons in the ground tonight.
    These chants havent just arrived or are you forgetting the ched Evans chants at the valley
    All so bang out of order trying to unsettle and put off a player
    So unsporting man like from the covered end
    Think ched missed a sitter from 2 yards if u remember to highlight my case
    Difference being that Ched Evans at the time was facing trial and imprisonment for what happened

Despite what people agree; Evans won his release on appeal so like Karlan (where charges werent even brought in the first place) neither should have to put up with those chants
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have some absolute freaks using social media haha.

Don’t understand why anyone would send that it’s just weird.
  • Options
    Let’s be frank - he’s a young bloke, with decent money, who took an opportunity that at the time was bettering himself way beyond where we were at the time.

We clearly have a number of fans who have got a problem with that (jealousy, probably).

If you were to ask them specifically the reason why they booed, then they wouldn’t be able to give much of an answer. Braindeads.
  • Options
    A bit harsh on Golfie lads , I’m sure he’s just misinterpreted on social media 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Even in the replies to this a so called Charlton fan brings it up.

WTF is wrong with people
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Glad he got some stick personally. He left midway through the season and almost derailed our promotion bid. I know the club is a shambles and he got offered a huge payrise just as his contract was coming to an end, but I'm a Charlton fan not a Grant fan so I only care about what's best for the  club.

That being said, I don't agree with the Ibiza references. Case was dropped, leave it there. 
    Is the Ibiza story connected to his name change?
  • Options
    Someone who knew him claimed at the time it was, yeah.
  • Options
    I would guess that Harry Evans won't have that account for much longer