Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Grant moves to Huddersfield

Comments

• Options
    Couldn't help but think after watching us against Barnsley the damage we could do if we kept our players. Leko looked promising but he isn't near Grants level. If we kept Grant, Aribo and Bielik and shored up our defence a bit we could have got promoted this season I reckon, I don't think this league is as good as made out, too many prem mercanaries and paper teams
    Phillips
    Dijksteel Bauer Pearce Purrington
    Bielik
    Cullen Aribo Williams
    Grant Taylor

Subs: Amos Solly Sarr Pratley Gallagher Aneke Leko
    Pretty much yeah, although I would go for a 4312 with Williams behind the strikers with a free role, Bielik and Cullen as the sided CMS to cover full backs, also reckon there is question marks on Purrington and maybe Pearce. If we upgraded that defence though and kept those players there's no doubts we would be at the very least in a play off fight, ah well
  • Options
    Couldn't help but think after watching us against Barnsley the damage we could do if we kept our players. Leko looked promising but he isn't near Grants level. If we kept Grant, Aribo and Bielik and shored up our defence a bit we could have got promoted this season I reckon, I don't think this league is as good as made out, too many prem mercanaries and paper teams
    Phillips
    Bielik
    Cullen Aribo Williams
    Grant Taylor

Pretty much yeah, although I would go for a 4312 with Williams behind the strikers with a free role, Bielik and Cullen as the sided CMS to cover full backs, also reckon there is question marks on Purrington and maybe Pearce. If we upgraded that defence though and kept those players there's no doubts we would be at the very least in a play off fight, ah well
    Gallagher isn’t much worse than Aribo imo, and Pratley has been blinding so far. Grant and Bauer are the real misses
  • Options
    Mametz said:
    Oggy Red said:
    He is scoring pretty regularly,but I fear his club is in freefall,and will struggle this year,they let their best player,Mooy,leave and I wonder what the clubs mindset now is.
    If Huddersfield struggle but Karlan is still scoring regularly ..... he'll be head hunted by another club with January money to burn.

It may even be a return to the Prem for him.

That was said this summer, but he's still there. 

I've got nothing against the lad, but as I've said before (and the same with Aribo) he didn't move for footballing reasons. Huddersfield were dead & buried when he joined them & everyone knew they were going down. All this guff about "opportunity to play in the Prem" is just that. Guff. He played 15 odd games. 
    15 games in the prem is a dream come true for anyone. Especially for someone who, one season before his transfer to the prem, couldn’t get into a League 1 Charlton side and was sent out on loan to Crawley. He got to score against his boyhood club Arsenal as well as a range of other teams. He also proved to other clubs that he’s capable of scoring against top class defences. Aribo may not have moved for footballing reason, but Karlan definitely did
    Even though Huddersfield were a Premier League team in name only as good as relegated and we were in the mix for promotion? There was always a good chance our paths would cross this season and now they are.

The footballing reasons are the same as available with us now - Championship football except Grant is obviously earning a lot more money than he did with us which is what it comes down to.

Look at our day at Wembley, Grant's money can't buy memories like that. All the best to him in his career but footballing reasons? we're dining at the same table and Huddersfield look in freefall.
    I strongly suspect that if you asked any player in our team at Wembley whether that would swop memories of that day for a guaranteed two million quid, they would chose the latter.
    Taylor seemed quite keen a couple of weeks ago to leave Charlton for the dreaming spires of Brentford. I wonder why that was!
    Okay, lets start with Jonny Williams
    You will always get an exception to the rule.
  • Options
    Mametz said:
    Oggy Red said:
    He is scoring pretty regularly,but I fear his club is in freefall,and will struggle this year,they let their best player,Mooy,leave and I wonder what the clubs mindset now is.
    If Huddersfield struggle but Karlan is still scoring regularly ..... he'll be head hunted by another club with January money to burn.

It may even be a return to the Prem for him.

That was said this summer, but he's still there. 

I've got nothing against the lad, but as I've said before (and the same with Aribo) he didn't move for footballing reasons. Huddersfield were dead & buried when he joined them & everyone knew they were going down. All this guff about "opportunity to play in the Prem" is just that. Guff. He played 15 odd games. 
    15 games in the prem is a dream come true for anyone. Especially for someone who, one season before his transfer to the prem, couldn’t get into a League 1 Charlton side and was sent out on loan to Crawley. He got to score against his boyhood club Arsenal as well as a range of other teams. He also proved to other clubs that he’s capable of scoring against top class defences. Aribo may not have moved for footballing reason, but Karlan definitely did
    Even though Huddersfield were a Premier League team in name only as good as relegated and we were in the mix for promotion? There was always a good chance our paths would cross this season and now they are.

The footballing reasons are the same as available with us now - Championship football except Grant is obviously earning a lot more money than he did with us which is what it comes down to.

Look at our day at Wembley, Grant's money can't buy memories like that. All the best to him in his career but footballing reasons? we're dining at the same table and Huddersfield look in freefall.
    I strongly suspect that if you asked any player in our team at Wembley whether that would swop memories of that day for a guaranteed two million quid, they would chose the latter.
    Taylor seemed quite keen a couple of weeks ago to leave Charlton for the dreaming spires of Brentford. I wonder why that was!
    Okay, lets start with Jonny Williams
    You mean someone who has already earnt god knows how many millions from already playing in the Premier League

He was able to take a wage cut to come here because he's probably invested his money wisely so can think more with his heart now - Same reason we've probably been able to get Ben Amos who was on extremely high wages at Bolton, was one reason they're in this mess and couldnt get rid of him before his contract ran out
  • Options
    We’ll improve just as we did last season and Gallagher, Leko and Field should go back better players just like Bielik did. We’ve got Oztumer and Kayal to add, hopefully Hemed and a right back as well. I think we’ll replace them one way or another, even if the replacements are different types of players.

We’ll be up there for fitness, work rate and team spirit. We’ll create chances and score goals. That’s why I’m confident we’ll have a good season. Agree about the league, it’s very competitive and exciting to watch, but I don’t think the gap between us and most other teams is as big as some think. Paying average players big money doesn’t automatically make a better team.
  • Options
    Phillips
    Bielik
    Cullen Aribo Williams
    Grant Taylor

Gallagher isn’t much worse than Aribo imo, and Pratley has been blinding so far. Grant and Bauer are the real misses
    Pratley is growing on me but he just isn't on the same level as Bielik. As for Gallagher and Aribo, as things stand it's night and day. Joe is on a different level right now compared to Gallagher, Joe is probably prem ready now imo, Gallagher looks similar to Joe in the season before last, promising but fades for about half hour of the game or so. Joe is a massive miss, now I've watched us in the flesh for the first time this season it's really obvious
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    We’ll improve just as we did last season and Gallagher, Leko and Field should go back better players just like Bielik did. We’ve got Oztumer and Kayal to add, hopefully Hemed and a right back as well. I think we’ll replace them one way or another, even if the replacements are different types of players.

We’ll be up there for fitness, work rate and team spirit. We’ll create chances and score goals. That’s why I’m confident we’ll have a good season. Agree about the league, it’s very competitive and exciting to watch, but I don’t think the gap between us and most other teams is as big as some think. Paying average players big money doesn’t automatically make a better team.
    Oh yeah we have a great work ethic and spirit. Start of the season I was prepared for us to be relegated, now I would be disappointed cause I think we have enough. And yes mate it's a competitive league cause there is never a stand out team other than the odd occasion like Wolves, Newcastle etc. Anyone can beat anyone. We could have gone up this season with our bounce and manager if we spent some cash, is what it is though, 21st or above will do 
  • Options
    scored against Fulham with a tremendous header .. he is now on the way to becoming 'the complete striker' .. think he'll move to a 'lesser' Premier side in January for a good few quid
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Very early days still obviously but I wonder what WBA fans make of two of their players being out on loan at a club above them in the table?
    And you also have to wonder if by any chance we are still above them in January would they invoke any recall clause? 🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    West Ham recalling Josh Cullen is the one that worries me most
  • Options
    They’ll recall him and try to sell him on. They won’t want him going for free at the end of the season
    Yeah I've been resigned to that happening since David Gold announced it on twitter
  • Options
    They’ll recall him and try to sell him on. They won’t want him going for free at the end of the season
    If we are in the mix for promotion then he won’t be going anywhere. Everybody holds a card in that game
  • Options
    If we are in the mix for promotion then he won’t be going anywhere. Everybody holds a card in that game
    He'll go to another team chasing promotion who'll see the good work he's doing

Teams will know he's got a recall clause due to Gold's tweet so will probably being saying: "exercise the clause and we'll pay you £5m for him"

West Ham would probably bite their hands off for that sort of price
  • Options
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10284346/bournemouth-wolves-transfer-huddersfield-karlan-grant/

Ok its the Sun but I can perfectly believe that Grant's outstanding form has been noted by a couple of Premier League teams.

Although no transfer fee mentioned in this article, £10 million was being bounded about in another Sun article at the weekend.

Real business nous shown by Roland in his business dealings here! 
  • Options
    What's his name this week?
  • Options
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10284346/bournemouth-wolves-transfer-huddersfield-karlan-grant/

Ok its the Sun but I can perfectly believe that Grant's outstanding form has been noted by a couple of Premier League teams.

Although no transfer fee mentioned in this article, £10 million was being bounded about in another Sun article at the weekend.

Roland had little choice but to sell him in January. Should have offered him a decent contract in October though after he started so well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has scored 9 goals in 15 games for them so far this season.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

“He’s not that good”

”Taylor put his goals on a plate for him”

etc
    And He returned the favour for his ‘bro’ Lyle.
    0msomerton said:
    He has scored 9 goals in 15 games for them so far this season.

If only there were a thread tracking this kind of thing...
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Phillips
    Bielik
    Cullen Aribo Williams
    Grant Taylor

Errrrm... Lockyer?

*EDIT* Please ignore me @JoshAddick
    I just realised the date this was posted (it's been a long day already at 9am... *Self pitying groan*)
  • Options
    Gomez in last year of contract and now 4th choice having played only 47 games in over 4 years. Will he move on? 
  • Options
    10% seems a lot lol Roland doesnt negotiate that much lol surely its a typo and its 1%
  • Options
    Gomez in last year of contract and now 4th choice having played only 47 games in over 4 years. Will he move on? 
    The arrival of Van Dijk did for Gomez - no way he is going to replace him which means there are three top players fighting for the other spot.

Personally, I think Gomez is still good enough to get a gig at Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs and maybe Man United too - certainly up there with Harry Maguire and some of the other dross at United or Arsenal.