Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Festival 2019

Comments

• Options
    Road to Rome sums up my festival. Had him each way, fights to the end, comes 4th.
    And Sky only paying on first three places there. Luckily also had Shantou Flyer. 
  • Options
    Year after year.
    Review after review.
    This 'sport' is sickening and disgraceful. 
    The horse didn't fall - it was just running, you know, like horses do sometimes.
  • Options
    Year after year.
    Review after review.
    The majority disagree.
  • Options
    Have had 6 placed today but no winners.
  • Options
    I was on Hazel Hill. Probably about £100 up overall. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Year after year.
    Review after review.
    Another great day, bore off.

PS see if you can find some other mugs who will buy you drinks, pay for you to get into games and give you lifts to games for nothing. 
  • Options
    Had Dallas, Defi Bleu and Early Doors all EW there. Sadly not much on them! 
  • Options
    Early Doors wins the last. Shame that Coolanly didn’t sneak into the places. Would’ve made for an even better day.

Will have to do the final totting up later but I believe I ended well up after day four, mainly thanks to Minela Indo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks to the various tipsters here. Had a good few days and come out modestly up, which I wouldn't have done without your suggestions.
    it'll pay for the MoT
  • Options
    Joseph O'Brien has just said that Mark Walsh told him that Sir Erec jumped the Hurdle awkwardly and landed awkwardly and then his leg went. 
  • Options
    Down a small amount overall.
    Had high hopes 2 days after getting winners in 1st legs of L15s.
    Bring on next year.
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Agree that it looks very difficult today

1:30 Pentland Hills EW
    2:10 Ch'tibello, Whiskey Sour
    2:50 Lisnagar Oscar, Derrinross EW
    3:30 Al Boum Photo EW, Invitation Only EW
    4:10 Ucello Conti
    4:50 Not Another Muddle
    5:30 Early Doors

4 winners plus 2 places (if you had them down to 5th place) from 7 races, not bad going sir.
  • Options
    Thank you. A good end to a very good day.
  • Options
    Up, great Festival, so many emotional moments. Just a shame about number 14 in the Martin Pipe not putting the icing on the cake. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    £220 down for the week at Cheltenham, couldn’t pick me nose.

Just had two winners go in at Dundalk on a couple of shite AW handicaps and won it all back. Funny old game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed, so let's get back to highlights. Frodon and PP obvious, A Plus Tard oozes promise. Tiger Roll unreal, new breed of jockeys emerging. All in all bit of a special 4 days for fans alone. 
  • Options
    A good festival. I done better today than the rest of the week but still overall gave the bookies about 200 of my hard earned money. Congrats to all of ya that beat them tho and ended the festival in profit. Those two lady jockeys really impressed me but hightlight for me was paisley park. 
  • Options
    Not forgetting loads of losers for o learys horses........ brilliant
    Paisley Park was the story for me with the owner plus knowing Aiden Coleman as I do through my horses, thoroughly decent bloke
  • Options
    Low point was ruby at the last
  • Options
    Frodon and Bryony Frost my highlight of the week. Some brilliant rides from the female jockeys this week, good to see them stick it up some of the sexist bells you get in racing.
  • Options
    Will go with that, her enthusiasm is infectious, brilliant on The Opening Show - "celebrated with burger chips and a Coca-Cola at Gloucester services." Has genuinely been a Festival that has shown what nice people are involved in racing.