Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Declan Rice chooses England

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Good old Barnsley boy is Mick. 
    His cousin was my teacher
  • Options
    Can only get behind the lad now! Decision made.  Come on Declan! 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    MrOneLung said:
    Good old Barnsley boy is Mick. 
    His cousin was my teacher
    ...Your father is your brother...

Oh sorry, thought you were starting the song.
  • Options
    He was best friends/ best man with my dads cousin. 
  • Options
    I know people dont belive me, but Honestly Micks cousin is called Barrie Taylor who himself is a barnsley lad and teaches at The Priory School in Spalding
  • Options
    Same here, no reason to doubt you Paulie.
  • Options
    McCarthy is spot on. Surely the organisers could've publicly given it to whoever came 2nd. If not then, don't even announce the award.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must have been watching Alan Partridge this week.
  • Options
    Not going to hold something he said at 15 or 16 against him. To be honest i think most people on this forum will have either said or done something that would be blown out of all proportion if they were in the public eye.
  • Options
    Good to see a young footballer promoting the Royal Academy
  • Options
    Hahahaha hahahaha. You lot are stuck with him now!!!
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    Hahahaha hahahaha. You lot are stuck with him now!!!
    I'll take him gladly. Thanks.
  • Options
    It’s not a good one clearly but that’s nothing more than a stupid joke that I’ve seen a million and one times across social media. 
  • Options
    Not going to hold something he said at 15 or 16 against him. To be honest i think most people on this forum will have either said or done something that would be blown out of all proportion if they were in the public eye.
    I’ve said this before but I read an interview once with Frank Lampard and when asked what one piece of advice he would give young players in the academy what did he say? Practice hard? Always give 100%? Train properly? Work hard? Etc etc. No, his one piece of advice was ‘do not use social media’. Wise words. One’s players like Rice should listen to.
    The same Lampard who along with some other team mates was once drunkenly mocking American tourists about 9/11. Most people have said or done something they regret.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What an utter prat ,fuck him and the RA
    @Ormiston Addick, why would you think that's funny?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I’m getting a bit bored of these ‘historic tweets’ cropping up to be honest. Who the hell are the sad bastards willing to trawl through years of a person’s social media history, desperate to find something to assassinate their character with? Get a life.
    Couldn’t have said it better
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I think declan rice and shamima begum are as bad as each other - well that's what a lot of these twatter loons come out with. 

does not suprise me though that some low life sad journalists have nothing better to do than to go back through someones twitter history and find a flippant comment to then cause a scene out of. 

also with reference to the ira a lot of irish will sing ooh ahh up the ra at weddings/football matches etc but i genuinely do not believe that most support the terrorists, i imagine this is the same as declan of course as @DA9 says its crass and no need for it. 

if you replaced the ira with isis for example im sure the outrage would be a lot different. 

• Options
    Young teenage boy says stupid thing shocker
    Only difference is instead of saying it he put it on Twitter for some sadstack to go trawling for.
  • Options
    What would the reaction be if it had been an extreme racist tweet? Genuine question here, would the “only 15 years old”, “disgrace people trawling back to find old tweets” etc etc be the reaction? My guess is.....would it f**k.

You don’t post that kind of nonsense unless there is some feeling behind it.
  • Options
    What would the reaction be if it had been an extreme racist tweet? Genuine question here, would the “only 15 years old”, “disgrace people trawling back to find old tweets” etc etc be the reaction? My guess is.....would it f**k.

You don’t post that kind of nonsense unless there is some feeling behind it.
    I honestly don't think half these kids understand the full history behind 'Up to RA', especially ones from London trying to be edgy. Massive difference to an extreme racist tweet.
  • Options
    I’m not so sure Gary, he followed the phrase with “wait till we play England”. That suggests to me that he did know the history well enough.

Just grates on me how someone expressing support (even if they don’t genuinely/literally support them) for a terrorist organisation that murdered so many people is excused by most. Yet even a racist joke (let alone a racist insult) would have people calling for his head.