Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Good news.
  • Great news.  Far from the finished article but his energy, drive, enthusiasm and determination is a great asset to have.
  • Easy one to got done as he is a CAFC fan anyway.
  • Laddick01 said:
    I’d have him starting most games now.

His finishing is terrible but his running and drive in the middle make us look a much better side I think.
    Definitely worth giving him a run, four of Bielik, Cullen, Reeves, Williams and Aribo sounds better on paper than it actually is. Lapslie adds something different.

Given time I think Lapslie can add goals to his game.
  • Laddick01 said:

His finishing is terrible but his running and drive in the middle make us look a much better side I think.
    The Poyet/Cousins/Aribo affect.

I'd have our central two as one of
    JFC/Cullen/Bielik alongside one of 
    Lapslie/Aribo/any other engine roomer. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:

Aribo is not an engine roomer. Probably our most skillful player.
  • Very good news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good news. Not a major surprise really, at his stage we are exactly the right club for him. If he had left in the summer realistically I couldn't imagine him anywhere better
  • 1 down, about 10 to go!
  • Been very impressed with what I have seen of this young man this season. Puts himself about, much stronger than you expect and makes intelligent runs. Hopefully we can keep hold of him for a while
  • Ross said:
    1 down, about 10 to go!
    Until we've got 11 players for next year?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:

He's constantly working hard between defence and attack... Also known as an Engine Roomer. Doesn't take away from his skill.

He's certainly not our most skilful player though. There's a small handful ahead of him. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:

He's constantly working hard between defence and attack... Also known as an Engine Roomer. Doesn't take away from his skill.

He's certainly not our most skilful player though. There's a small handful ahead of him. 
    Such as?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:

Such as?
    Cullen, Forster Caskey, Taylor & Sarr are all more skilful even if they don't show it week in, week out. Neither does Aribo.

Even Fosu is more skilful, but he really doesn't have any consistency about it with his lack of footballing brain

Aribo is tricky and hard working, he has what I call gadget legs. His passing is sometimes limited, but he's willing to try things out.

He has more of a footballing brain than most of our recent young midfielders.
  • Ross said:
    1 down, about 10 to go!
    Of the rest of the players, Aribo is the one we really need to tie down.

JFC - I'm sure he will sign something, I can't imagine him wanting to go into next season having to prove himself on trial to a new club after the injury
    Reeves - not bothered if he signs or not. Happy to keep him, but I'm sure we can find someone similar for his wages
    Marshall - ditto
    Bauer - no chance of him staying unless we are promoted
    Igor - would need to accept a major pay cut
    Fosu - if him and Bowyer have fallen out, then  I can't see him staying. 
    Williams - I imagine he'll want a Championship club for next season
    Ajose - on his way
    Reeco - not bothered
    Parker - not bothered
    AMB - not bothered

Didn’t Bauer rule out staying after his contract expires at the start of the season? 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:

Such as?
    I’m Fosu’s mind, Fosu.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    Ross said:
    1 down, about 10 to go!
    Of the rest of the players, Aribo is the one we really need to tie down.

JFC - I'm sure he will sign something, I can't imagine him wanting to go into next season having to prove himself on trial to a new club after the injury
    Reeves - not bothered if he signs or not. Happy to keep him, but I'm sure we can find someone similar for his wages
    Marshall - ditto
    Bauer - no chance of him staying unless we are promoted
    Igor - would need to accept a major pay cut
    Fosu - if him and Bowyer have fallen out, then  I can't see him staying. 
    Williams - I imagine he'll want a Championship club for next season
    Ajose - on his way
    Reeco - not bothered
    Parker - not bothered
    AMB - not bothered

Didn’t Bauer rule out staying after his contract expires at the start of the season? 
    Yes he did.
    But if we were to get promotion this season he may change his mind if he is happy here.

• He and Bielek were absolutely immense at Portsmouth, when we looked like a promotion team (and that was largely with Karlan). I would bring him back and look to replicate that performance.
  • I have to be honest and say that from what I’ve seen of him George has something of the headless chicken about him but I’m hopeful that with experience he’ll mature nicely. Good to have at least one more signed up. Aribo now please. 
  • Bowyer said: “He’s always been a lad that leaves everything out there – I don’t think anyone can deny that – but it’s the in-possession stuff he’s improved on a lot and he’s maturing and obviously learning. 

“You have to know what’s around you as a midfielder and that is where he has improved a lot. He’s taking less touches on the ball. As a whole package he’s improved. He’s got a good future in front of him.”

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c6c1f7cb39dc/george-lapslie-from-u11-to-academy-role-model

• More good news.

Will be Charlton captain in the premier league
  • Congratulations George. Future captain I reckon. Has come on a lot this season.

Whatever current short comings there may be in terms of performances and results, Bowyer and Jacko deserve a lot of credit for the improvements they brought about in certain players. Bowyer speaks very well about young players, praising what they do well while always reminding them what they need to do to improve, and he has a good eye for that - he spots different attributes in different players. Just this weekend while praising Sarr he pointed out how he could be even better if he 'leaned up a bit'.

Phillips, Sarr, Grant, Aribo, JFC, Lapslie, Morgan - all players that have made noticeable steps forward in their skill sets in the last year under the current coaching team.
  • Good lad.

very pleased.
  • The sort of player we want to keep.
  • Good news. He's definitely someone who will develop imo