Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nick Pope to Arsenal

I know it is only BBC rumours from newspapers but I read today that Arsenal are looking at Nick Pope to replace Petr Čech next season, not bad for a player some fans considered not good enough for Charlton

Comments

• Options
    *sigh* more money for that berk Duchatelet then
  • Options
    Been linked with City too as a back up to Ederson.

Makes sense with the home-grown rule in place, one place taken by a decent backup who won't play much.
  • Options
    I doubt it. Roly basically cashes out his winning bets as soon as they're in profit, costing himself a bundle in the process. Which is nice.
  • Options
    Liverpool were linked for £15m in the summer werent they

Arsenal or Spurs (If they were to become interested) would definitely be the best place for him out of the other top six clubs - Imagine that he could challenge Leno for the No.1 spot whilst would be an excellent backup for Lloris
  • Options
    Been linked with City too as a back up to Ederson.

Makes sense with the home-grown rule in place, one place taken by a decent backup who won't play much.
    I couldn't imagine him as 2nd choice for City, as Pep likes his keepers to be like outfield players with their feet. Not sure Pope would want to go there as the token English 3rd choice keeper
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    I doubt it. Roly basically cashes out his winning bets as soon as they're in profit, costing himself a bundle in the process. Which is nice.
    unless I have just heard rumour and have taken it as fact but I thought there was talk that he wants sell on clauses on players that have been sold to continue to be paid to him even after he sells the club. thought that was one of the issues that has complicated the sell of the club.
  • Options
    Arsenal would be a good move for him I think. From what I've seen of Leno he hasn't looked great, think Pope would end up playing quite a few games before too long.
  • Options
    Imagine going from Burnley’s third choice to arsenal’s First choice and back into the Rngland reckoning again!
  • Options
    At this rate Ahearne-Grant will be No 9 for England. Strange times im my view. Watching Pope I had him down as an OK 2nd Division shot-stopper. 
  • Options
    Weird. Didn't they stop playing Cech, because he couldn't play out from the back. Nick Pope isn't exactly Ter Stegen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pope to Arsenal may not be as back up. This Leno chap doesn’t seem to be a world beater. 
  • Options
    Imagine going from Burnley’s third choice to arsenal’s First choice and back into the Rngland reckoning again!
    Third choice?? 
  • Options
    Very pleased for him 
  • Options
    He was an excellent keeper for us by the time he left. Safe pair of hands for any PL club as a back-up.
  • Options
    Liverpool were linked for £15m in the summer werent they

Arsenal or Spurs (If they were to become interested) would definitely be the best place for him out of the other top six clubs - Imagine that he could challenge Leno for the No.1 spot whilst would be an excellent backup for Lloris
    Better than Gazzaniga? He'll be Tottenham no.1 when Lloris moves on and has been very very good every time he has stood in.  Vorm is going on a free at the end of the season.  Definitely room for a third as backup but not at the expense of Gazzaniga, he's a brilliant 'keeper.
  • Options
    Third choice?? 
    Heaton and Hart.

Though I'd not be surprised if Hart was now 3rd choice.

Imagine going from first choice at the Champions to 3rd choice at Burnley (via West Ham dropping you) in less than 3 years.
  • Options
    Surely we are meant to slag him off if he takes the money and sits on a bench.
  • Options
    I don't see why Pope shouldn't be targeting a starting place in a Premiership side.  He'd hit a really rich vein of form before his injury and at 26 (especially as a goalkeeper) still has time to peak.  He needs a break and he needs to have faith in himself.   
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I can't see him at a Top 6 club as first choice, but he could go to a club like Arsenal as a competitive No 2 with a genuine chance of displacing the No 1 Leno

Otherwise, the option is a "best of the rest" type club like Pickford at Everton or Foster at Watford, e.g. Leicester if Schmeichel every leaves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't see Pope as No1 for a top six club but happy to be proved wrong. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I know it is only BBC rumours from newspapers but I read today that Arsenal are looking at Nick Pope to replace Petr Čech next season, not bad for a player some fans considered not good enough for Charlton
    On account of his dreadful performances, was he considered not good enough.   Fair play to him; he’s really come good- good luck to him 
  • Options
    Just glad that I got to see Premier aces of the future!
  • Options
    Pope was a decent keeper with us but had one major weakness: failure to hold the low hard shot. This problem seems to have been coached out of him and he's turned into an excellent keeper. Burnley don't need Heaton, Hart and Pope so one has to go. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Third choice?? 
    Heaton and Hart.

Imagine going from first choice at the Champions to 3rd choice at Burnley (via West Ham dropping you) in less than 3 years.
    Pope was number one then got injured 
  • Options
    Third choice?? 
    Heaton and Hart.

Pope was number one then got injured 
    Yep.  Heaton is definitely number one now though.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    ross1 said:
    On account of his dreadful performances, was he considered not good enough.   Fair play to him; he’s really come good- good luck to him 
    He was only 21 to 23 when he played for us FFS

Still learning his trade, as is  Phillips.

***This comment below is 100% not aimed at you***

There really is some shit supporters who ridicule and abuse our youngsters as they are learning to play the game, no wonder they fck off when they can.

Bad day at the office ? I never gave NP any stick; just didn’t think he was any good 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    ross1 said:

There really is some shit supporters who ridicule and abuse our youngsters as they are learning to play the game, no wonder they fck off when they can.

Bad day at the office ? I never gave NP any stick; just didn’t think he was any good 
    Exactly, you can have an opinion on someone without giving them stick. I have got plenty wrong and plenty right, as everyone does or transfers would be a lot more straightforward. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    ross1 said:

As per my comment mate, wasn't aimed at you. 

The groans and moans evry mistake in the stadium wouldn't have done him any good, especially at 21