Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ECB’s “The Hundred”

Comments

• Options
    swordfish said:
    Just watching Sterling bowling to Patel. Is there a Sumo thread? 😎
    That reminds me that last Wednesday at the Lord's Test I walked around Mike Gatting. I was knackered after that!
    Did you get an Uber?

• Options
    Two shit games today my 3 youngest went with the Mrs , they enjoyed it although Petrol head furious cos he had to watch Grand Prix practise or whatever it was on phone .
    me and eldest were playing 

L to R … Peter Kay , lairy little Cnut and then petrol head 

Peter Kay in London Spirit top , lairy Cnut punching the air cos London losing and he’s trying to wind up Peter Kay, southern brave his chosen franchise , Petrol head putting phone away cos has no real interest in watching cricket .

• Options
    As above Mrs said Proper pisstake with the prices , £3 for a small apple juice or orange juice 
    burger Was shit 
    she also said it was a lot emptier than the 27k (30k capacity ) that I think I heard mentioned on radio , a record crowd .
    mate said the womens boundaries were kiddies size and more punters queuing up to get Jason Roy’s autograph than watch the womens game .

mrs going with kids to the final next week but will take her own food and drink .
    im playing myself or watching eldest son rather than go to that overly hyped load of waffle 
  • Options
    Current 'eliminator' game is tight.
  • Options
    Awful drop right on the boundary rope, 6 rather than out.

Manchester Originals need 3 from 3 now.
  • Options
    Decent game that, enlivened further by Hatzoglou's run up. 
  • Options
    Decent game that, enlivened further by Hatzoglou's run up. 
    Bowls the equivalent of about 200 balls after all those hand spins!
  • Options
    Got to leave it to the girls again 😎
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    terrific men's game in Manchester last night .. your suffering will soon be over 100 Haters .. the tournament ends this weekend
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    JohnnyH2 said:
    The Sky viewing figures would need to be added to get the underlying trend, but I suspect the novelty value has largely worn off now.  It's crammed into such a condensed format that for relative newcomers to cricket to sit watching game after game day after day is expecting too much. With two 3 day test matches against South Africa having come and gone, those won't have bolstered the ECB coffers as much as they might have done either, so they're having to contend with bad news all round at present.

I enjoy watching cricket, usually on TV when I can get it, but I've not been captivated by the hundred this year in the same way as I was last. It might be my imagination, but only as the group stage has neared its end have we seen some of the really close tense finishes, and Welsh Fire have been a real damp squib throughout in the men's. I think I recall seeing their women win a game.

Hopefully the final weekend won't be a washout and the tournament will finish being a lot more competitive than the way it started out this year.
  • Options
    I've never known/seen/been alerted to which games the BBC have shown and have just automatically gone to 404 every day. Probably because apart from sport, I rarely watch anything 'live'. it's either recorded/downloaded on sky/netflix etc to watch when it suits me, meaning i rarely see any adverts or continuity plugs. 

Have the BBC plugged it much? how many games did they actually show?  I agree that the figures from the BBC can't truly represent a decline in interest of the whole competition unless compared with Sky/LY. 

Last nights game was a good one. Swingometer all over the place with 3 options possible quite close to the end. Was hoping Invincibles would do it, but a mistake in the field fecked it. Will cheer on Spirit from now. 

I will actually miss the 'cricket on tap' of an afternoon habit, and enjoy the IPL for that same reason.  Have got tickets to Day 1 next week, so praying for dry weather and 5 full days. 
  • Options
    I've never known/seen/been alerted to which games the BBC have shown and have just automatically gone to 404 every day. Probably because apart from sport, I rarely watch anything 'live'. it's either recorded/downloaded on sky/netflix etc to watch when it suits me, meaning i rarely see any adverts or continuity plugs. 

Have the BBC plugged it much? how many games did they actually show?  I agree that the figures from the BBC can't truly represent a decline in interest of the whole competition unless compared with Sky/LY. 

Last nights game was a good one. Swingometer all over the place with 3 options possible quite close to the end. Was hoping Invincibles would do it, but a mistake in the field fecked it. Will cheer on Spirit from now. 

I will actually miss the 'cricket on tap' of an afternoon habit, and enjoy the IPL for that same reason.  Have got tickets to Day 1 next week, so praying for dry weather and 5 full days. 
    the BBC had very few games .. Sky had the BIG lion's share .. pity cos the Beeb commentators are far better than the sky pilots .. I don't watch a lot of telly so have no real idea how much the 100 was publicised by the BBC, I suspect it was not much .. chagrin at losing the main rights I suspect

Best game of the lot last night .. I fancy London to win the play off and then go on to lose to Trent in the final
  • Options
    The games shown on the BBC were they also shown on SKY at same time?

I quite like the rotation of the Sky commentary team, meaning you didn't always know who you were gonna get.  I did enjoy some commentators more than others.  No one annoyed me enough to see if the game was on BBC instead though. Not even sure who made up their commentary team. 
  • Options
    Funny, I just haven’t liked the BBC comms. Think Anderson is awful 😣 
    Whereas I love Daggers & Goughy.
    Really like all the girls, especially Tammy Beaumont & Lauren Wingfield Hayes.
  • Options

I quite like the rotation of the Sky commentary team, meaning you didn't always know who you were gonna get.  I did enjoy some commentators more than others.  No one annoyed me enough to see if the game was on BBC instead though. Not even sure who made up their commentary team. 
    sky showed all the games both m & f
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    The Sky viewing figures would need to be added to get the underlying trend, but I suspect the novelty value has largely worn off now.  It's crammed into such a condensed format that for relative newcomers to cricket to sit watching game after game day after day is expecting too much. With two 3 day test matches against South Africa having come and gone, those won't have bolstered the ECB coffers as much as they might have done either, so they're having to contend with bad news all round at present.

I enjoy watching cricket, usually on TV when I can get it, but I've not been captivated by the hundred this year in the same way as I was last. It might be my imagination, but only as the group stage has neared its end have we seen some of the really close tense finishes, and Welsh Fire have been a real damp squib throughout in the men's. I think I recall seeing their women win a game.

Hopefully the final weekend won't be a washout and the tournament will finish being a lot more competitive than the way it started out this year.
    The BBC viewing figures are more important if the aim of the tournament is to tap a new audience.

I've said this before, but I question playing this in August. Yes it's the school holidays, but it's also the start of the football season, when any non cricket fans are glued to the Premier League and whether their team will sign a new striker before the deadline.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

The BBC viewing figures are more important if the aim of the tournament is to tap a new audience.

I've said this before, but I question playing this in August. Yes it's the school holidays, but it's also the start of the football season, when any non cricket fans are glued to the Premier League and whether their team will sign a new striker before the deadline.
    This is true, but this season's unique in that the football season started so ridiculously early.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    swordfish said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

This is true, but this season's unique in that the football season started so ridiculously early.  
    The PL started only a week early
  • Options

sky showed all the games both m & f
    from what i could see in the scheduling they showed all of them free to any sky subscriber on that sky mix channel. 
  • Options
    GET IN!!!!!

If we both weren’t already married I’d ask Marizanne Kapp to marry me right now.
    She’s the Queen!
    🤩🤩🤩🤩🏏♥️
  • Options
    Happy to eat my words and say I’ve really enjoyed the tournament. What cricket fan doesn’t like watching sixes on repeat. The only downside for me has been losing the international players for the last few games.
  • Options
    GET IN!!!!!

If we both weren’t already married I’d ask Marizanne Kapp to marry me right now.
    She’s the Queen!
    🤩🤩🤩🤩🏏♥️
    She played brilliantly, enjoyed watching that.
  • Options
    GET IN!!!!!

She’s the Queen!
    🤩🤩🤩🤩🏏♥️
    She played brilliantly, enjoyed watching that.
    So did wee Alice. She’s some player for her age.
    And we seemed to have unearthed another in Smale.
    Fabulous 🤩
  • Options
    Cracking game to finish.
    Congratulations Trent Rockets 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    Cracking game to finish.
    after their arrogant top order did their best to lose it .. compelling final despite or perhaps because of the pitch .. Sam Cook for the England test team, unless he has defected full time to the one day game
  • Options
    Cracking game to finish.
    after their arrogant top order did their best to lose it .. compelling final despite or perhaps because of the pitch .. Sam Cook for the England test team, unless he has defected full time to the one day game
    He is Essex opening bowler in county cricket. No way he is going white ball full time 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I'm glad the tournament finished on a high with my chosen team, the Trockets, taking the men's trophy in a close finish. All those wickets tumbling was beginning to worry me.

It did take ages after the cut off to finish the match though. Was it just one extra fielder that had to come in and isn't there supposed to be a further penalty after a set time?