Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon v Charlton | Sat 23 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I believe AFC Wimbledon will be gritty, difficult to beat and show lots of fighting spirit. Our players need to have that in mind, then our overall quality should prevail. 1-0 to the Red Robins.
  • Options
    taylor to pick up a yellow and then a suspension 

dons 1 us 3 
  • Options
    I hope  I’m wrong but I fear this is the game where our season finally unravels. Lots of meaningless possession but we concede a stupid goal and lose. Taylor gets sent off and Donny give us a beating next week and it’s out of the play offs we go. An alternative scenario of course is that we finally find our scoring boots and put Wimbledon to the sword. Maybe none of the above and a boredomfest 0-0 awaits.  My money is in the first option I’m afraid. Hope I’m wrong. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    It’s hard to feel too optimistic, given our poor record over there and our recent lack of goals. We have, by some distance, the better players but Wimbledon will look to make it a battle and we really need to compete in that respect and then try and impose our game on them. My feeling is that Reeves may be better deployed from the bench and I’d prefer to see Lapslie or, alternatively, Pratley, start.

Our problem is a lack of goals and it’s a sobering thought that we’ve drawn a blank in all six of our games against Blackpool, Peterborough and Fleetwood this season. Although Grant played in five of those games, his sale is a major blow, especially with players like Vetokele and Fosu struggling for fitness and form. At least we have Joe Aribo back.
  • Options
    drop Lyle so we have him for the more important games and go for a 0-1 Aribo winner
  • Options
    Aribo winner, Taylor booked, Igor brilliant, Lapslie gets stuck in
  • Options
    Got a freebie to Carrow Road tomorrow to see Norwich against Bristol City.
    Will be interesting to see how Jay De Silver performs. 
  • Options
    Another trip to this horrible ground and horrible club. Dread it. We cannot score goals or even create chances. They will be up for this and will sneak a win. 2-0 to Wimbledon. And yes Taylor will get booked.
  • Options
    Called it last week that Taylor's return would not bring the joy, many felt it was going to bring. Still get the felling he will now settle into the lets feck it up attitude that the others have adopted.  

Wimbledon 0 or 1. Charlton 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Comfortable 2-0 win for afc
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    No usual preview from me this weekend as I’m away from all English football as I’m in Frankfurt, going to try and catch Mainz 05 v Schalke 04 tomorrow - be great if that was the score as well :wink:

Tough game, tight pitch, expect Pratley and Vetokele to come into the side.

AFC Wimbledon 0-2 Charlton Athletic

Taylor with both.
  • Options
    Crunch time .
    Following our last four performances it's vital we return to winning ways asap.
    Lyle please leave your petulant side at home and do what you do best. (Score goals).
    Pratley must start to combat the physical side that Wimbledon are. 
    As for the rest of the midfield it's about time they showed what they are made of .
    I'm going tomorrow more in hope than expectation so I shall ignore my head and go with my heart.
    1.0 Charlton to get us back on track.

great comments Blackpool but you forgot to tell Roland to F off

• Options
    I feel Wimbledon will win, and our great Lyle will show his annoying side, and the season will start to look very different.
    I want to be wrong.
  • Options
    Crunch time .
    Following our last four performances it's vital we return to winning ways asap.
    Lyle please leave your petulant side at home and do what you do best. (Score goals).
    Pratley must start to combat the physical side that Wimbledon are. 
    As for the rest of the midfield it's about time they showed what they are made of .
    I'm going tomorrow more in hope than expectation so I shall ignore my head and go with my heart.
    1.0 Charlton to get us back on track.

great comments Blackpool but you forgot to tell Roland to F off

I am so sorry .
    Please let me make amends .
    Just sell the club and FUCK OFF 
  • Options
    If I get told off by the mods it's not my fault. 

Well actually it is .sorry mods 
  • Options
    If we can't beat the bottom club then we are in trouble. Expect a convincing 4-0 win to reboot our drive for promotion. Don't care who gets the goals.
  • Options
    Crucial game tomorrow. We lose to the bottom side, it could be curtains for the play offs.
  • Options
    Crucial game tomorrow. We lose to the bottom side, it could be curtains for the play offs.
    We'd better pull ourselves together then. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Wombles are shite,
    But we are alright,
    Walking in a Bowyer wonderland. 

2-1 to the Addicks.
    Come on you Reds :heart:
  • Options
    I think we will play three at the back tomorrow as that worked well with 10 men in the home game.  0-2 my prediction, Williams and Vetokele

Phillips
    Dijksteel | Bauer | Sarr 
    Solly | Williams | Cullen | Aribo | Purrington
    Taylor | Vetokele

Substitutes Bench: Maxwell | Pratley | Lapslie | Marshall | Reeves | Parker | Fosu

I think Solly will come back into the side in a flat back 4.

Phillips   
            Solly   Bauer    Sarr    Purrington 
                                Cullen
                      Aribo.               Pratley
                                 Williams
                            Vetokele.   Taylor
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I'm strangely confident. We have a habit of randomly turning corners and going on unexpected runs.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I've enjoyed the whole "in the playoffs, not too late for the automatics" thing we've had going on for a few months.  Back to reality.  We've got 13 games to sustain a 4 point lead and it's not looking good.  A win for Wimbers could bring them within 2 points of safety and us to within 2 points of dropping out of the playoff spots.  

It's not too late to think about midtable.

Happy Christmas everyone.
  • Options
    1-1
    Poor clearance by the Wombles keeper is volleyed back into the goal by Cullen from the halfway line. 
    Their equalser comes in the 87th minute from a free kick. 
  • Options
    I can't see past a 5-0 defeat.
  • Options
    My son is taking his girlfriend to this.
    I said to him, you sure know how to show a girl a good time.

Wimbledon are shit. We seem to have trouble beating shit.
    It's going to be shit.
    0-0
  • Options
    If we can't beat the bottom club then we are in trouble. Expect a convincing 4-0 win to reboot our drive for promotion. Don't care who gets the goals.
    This says it all for me. Not expecting to score 4 mind......but against the bottom team who shipped in 3 against Rochdale in midweek then surely we should run out winners. 
  • Options
    It's going to be ugly.  Very ugly. 
  • Options
    We are going. Nailed on defeat.