Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Naby or Lyle

13»

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    On thing that strikes me about Naby is that he can look awkward, but even before this great run in the side, if you actually compare him to Bauer and Pearce, he hasn't made more bad mistakes than them. It is just people feel he is about to make one! I like him because he doesn't hide and you notice how the team use him to get attacks going. He may not get every pass right, but all of his passes have positive intent.
    Last proper Sarr mistake I remember is the great air kick he performed against Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship when we won 3-1 (?)
    Got roasted by Eaves last season...although looking at it again, Kashi sort of took over shielding him and failed to stop him either, then JDS fell asleep for the cross. Sarr has shanked a few clearances though *shrug*
    Mark of a proper Centre-Back
    Exactly. If you can't clear the roof of the Arthur Wait (Tommy Caton style) youre out for me! Naby has this "in his locker" :smile:
  • Options
    Attitude problem? Lyle Taylor? Chuffing hell. 

Yes, he has to control his temper. but his attitude is what makes him an exciting player, a player to put your trust in that if you pay your money and turn up, he's gonna do his damndest to try and ensure you go home thinking it was worth it, even if we don't actually win. See for example Sunderland in January, well actually Sunderland in August too, for that matter.

Attitude problem? I think you'll find that in players like Nicky Ajose, and numerous of the dross that we suffered in the years between Chris Powell  and Bow/Jacko. 
    Some of his bookings have been stupid and I'm sure even he would admit that. He needs the edge to his game but he also needs to avoid winding refs up.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    It's simply not just about how good you are when things are going well, it's also massively about whether you step up when things go awry.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's simply not just about how good you are when things are going well, it's also massively about whether you step up when things go awry.
    Naby has shown immense character to turn his career around at Charlton. He was routinely slagged off at one point but he kept going and is starting to prove his doubters wrong.

Whatever happens I'm pleased for him as he seems a decent guy. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Naby has shown immense character to turn his career around at Charlton. He was routinely slagged off at one point but he kept going and is starting to prove his doubters wrong.

Whatever happens I'm pleased for him as he seems a decent guy. 
    Judging by tweets from players at the club throughout the season he's a popular chap.
  • Options
    Big Naby for me so far. He has had a lot of haters in the previous seasons. But he has turned it round immensely this season. So calm on the ball reads the game well. 

However Taylor has been immense too. 

Still a lot of time for a clear winner. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Taylor.

Sarr’s really impressed recently, but the likes of Aribo, Grant, Bauer, Cullen and Bielik are also having good seasons. Does this run of form move him ahead of them?
    Sarr has been outstanding in a number of games and I can't say that for many of our players this season.

Taylor at his best has been almost unplayable but his attitude continues to be a problem.

Nobody has come close to the two of them for me. Bielik has looked very accomplished for me but his inexperience is still evident.

If we're reliant on grinding out results through resolute defending and nicking a goal then I imagine Naby would win. Given how much stick the lad used to get I'd love for him to win.

Although I mentioned him I agree on Bielik. He’s done very well but Sarr would get a lot of criticism if he had made some of the errors Bielik has.