Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another Bonkers Statement from Roland - the "The EFL must buy the club" one

Comments

• Options

In a week when Simon Jordan has turned into the Messiah, I suppose the next move is for Katy to buy us, declare free beer at The Valley, and we make the Champions League in three years.

Off to pass some vinegar now......

• Options
    I know we are all laughing at this latest piece of buffoonery emanating from the Belgian one....but, seriously, I really can see this ending in tears for the club. At this moment in time we have a very uncertain future.
  • Options
    Definitely the gift that keeps on giving. Hit him in Belgium and he hates it.

When the EFL see this surely they'll see he has a screw missing. Not good for us though as logic goes out of the window when you're dealing with a nut case. A very difficult thing to prove. Meanwhile, we're stuck with him. The only defence we have is to keep up the pressure on where it hurts him most.   
  • Options
    Greenwich council have said that the land can only be used for recreational purposes, does that mean that the land is not worth what Duchatelet is asking for it???!
    Yes I believe so.
  • Options
    If that’s the case, his arguments about buying the land for £20m don’t stack up, time for Greenwich council to step in
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    I know we are all laughing at this latest piece of buffoonery emanating from the Belgian one....but, seriously, I really can see this ending in tears for the club. At this moment in time we have a very uncertain future.
    I'm assuming the Oystons will buy us.

Not if he has to fork out £24 million to the dodgy Russian or whoever!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely this is the endgame  
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    addick05 said:
    I'm assuming the Oystons will buy us.Per

Perhaps the EFL will now understand RD is deluded and better off being in a mental institute.

After seeing what happened to the Oystons, perhaps the EFL can now find a way to remove him from the club.

• Options
    and I would put a bet on that the Mayor's office would block any planning application as well. 
  • Options
    Anyway - anybody want to buy half my car? I will still drive it, but the buyer can pay for petrol and any upkeep costs! 
    What make and model is it ? 
  • Options
    It seems clear that with Mr Duchatelet there is no reasoning in any sense that mankind has come up with so far.

The chances of him dissolving the club are equal to the chances of him selling, or investing more in the football side of things.

As I say, no kind of reasoning is comprehensible, but we as fans, and Roland as owner do have one thing in common, we all recognise phenomena as it occurs. Some things in this saga, all things actually, speak much louder than words.

Perhaps Mr Duchatelet needs to give a value factor in his personal calculations that recognises how put out he is by antagonism and the prospect of not making money.

Right now I read it that calculating the numbers is about 20% of Mr Duchatelet's motivation, and feeling enraged is about 80%.
  • Options
    It would be nice to know if we have any friends on Greenwich Council.
    I'm not going to hold my breath though.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Can I insist autotrader buy my shit car?
    The best response 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyway - anybody want to buy half my car? I will still drive it, but the buyer can pay for petrol and any upkeep costs! 
    What colour is it?  Red ones are fastest obvs.
    If I sell off the seat covers after you've finished with them, do you want 50% of the proceeds?
  • Options
    When I read the title I thought he was going to be laying out a justification for why the EFL should buy the club following his 'proposal' at the FF. Nope, it's just some mostly untrue comments followed by a quick 'TAKE IT I DON'T WANT IT (BUT PAY ME)'.

I like to think that somewhere in England, at approx half one Mel Baroni suddenly felt incredibly sick and wasn't sure why .
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    But it was never going to be any other way.
    Understandably some people were prepared to give Roland the benefit of any doubt, it just appears that that time has passed and we just have to accept however this pans out. 

The nutter isn't for turning!
  • Options
    I’ve known  for a while that Roland was “special”, but I didn’t realise how completely nuts he is. It is frightening that the EFL thought that this moon howler was a fit and proper person to run a football club. 

As as others have pointed out his comments could be interpreted to suggest that he will deliberately prevent any promotion to the Championship.

A number of posters have recently opined that the ownership of the club is an irrelevance: it would be interesting to hear their views now.

• Options
    I have supported Charlton for over 50 years. The fact that the statement is put out by the club is a disgrace. It shows no one has control over him. I would expect Richard Murray and others to stand up to him explaining the madness of what he ( the club) is publishing.
    He ignores the sacking of Powell, imposition of ridiculous players and managers, the lies and animosity created by KM. He does not even accept the protests were legitimate ( even if he does not agree with them).
    He never attends games and states he has no interest.
    The rantings put out in the name of the club are unacceptable.
    He is deranged, but where that leaves the club I do not know.

Hard to see how any sale can go through with him at the helm - how could you negotiate with him?
  • Options
    Been busy all day and just caught up with the thread. I’m convinced that Roland has actually lost his marbles. His place in his business career probably means that he’s used to snapping his finders and getting what he wants regardless of how bonkers his request is. Not this time sunbeam!  He is utterly deluded. Can someone with access to Twitter please do the necessary to ensure that Simon Jordan has all the ammunition he needs. Jim white’s show tomorrow just got more interesting. On a more serious note I’m concerned that he will now do something completely nuts with the club. And we expect Lee and the lads to remain focussed while all this goes on!!  Couldn’t make it up. I’m certainly not condoning any law breaking but the protests and appropriate activity need to be ramped up now. 
  • Options
    Karl Robinson when appointed;

I really like Roland and got on really well with him. No one knows the real Roland. He really cares about Charlton.

(Slips £300 in his pocket)