Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Like and Lol

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Same problem here, Mac laptop with Safari. It's happened before, I think.
    Stop using Safari @PragueAddick, it's almost as bad as IE.

Firefox is the way
    Chrome?
    Chrome is also pretty good, I just prefer the add-ons on firefox.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywinder/2019/03/07/google-confirms-serious-chrome-security-problem-heres-how-to-fix-it/#444808a22002  

Google Chrome's security lead and engineering director, Justin Schuh, has warned 
    that users of the most popular web browser should update "like right this minute".
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Good thing I'm a Firefox man, although I have both installed, so thanks for the heads upp, I'll update my devices in the morning 
  • Options
    This must be why my posts haven't got any Likes.  I can't think of any other reason.
  • Options
    This must be why my posts haven't got any Likes.  I can't think of any other reason.
    Have a like mate.
  • Options
    I have been informed that is me that is causing all the problems and if you hit "like" at least 10 times on as many of my comments you can find, it will correct itself  :)
  • Options
    This is going from bad to worse now on iPhone, no edit facility and unable to access full site on mobile 😒.
  • Options
    I'm on Android and Chromebook without issue.
  • Options
    I still have no like and lol, Charlton Life for me is not the same without them
  • Options
    Still can't like, lol or edit on google (although I can on google chrome).

Any news on this issue?
  • Options
    For those with problems, please put down your OS and Browser versions. Ta.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I'm on windows 10 & have no idea how to find out which version of google (not chrome) it is, but have it on Internet Explorer (on a laptop)
    I have checked and have still got Java enabled according to my settings

(not sure if that answers your questions because I'm technically challenged when it comes to computing!)

Works OK for me on google chrome
  • Options
    I am on Windows 7 and on Google not chrome, I'm also technically challenged, with everything
  • Options
    using windows 7 and Internet Explorer at work - unable to like or lol , fine at home on tablet using Chrome.
  • Options
    Can't like or lol on iPad, it's an old one but works ok on everything else, that's the iPad I'm talking about!
  • Options
    Iphone 5c, iOS 8.3, Browser Safari.
  • Options
    I have got my like and lol back, life is sweet again
  • Options
    Bless. :smile:
  • Options
    And me😀
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Eureka! Back in the game, muchas gracias Lookie 😉.
  • Options
    Yes me too, all fine from work now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019

I can now give others likes & lols, thank you,  @LoOkOuT

However I now have a related problem on both google & google chrome (windows 10 on laptop).

When I click on my username (top right) and click on the number of "likes", I used to get a list of my recent posts which had been "liked" by other posters - now all I get is an advert.  The function is still working for lol & promote posts.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Using Apple iPad.
    Can’t view Lols & Likes?
  • Options
    And why is random blue type appearing?  Are we being hacked by the Spanners?!

When I first noticed it, it was just the username Jimmy Seed which was blue, so I assumed it was part of the long-running joke about his Millwall connections, but it has now spread far beyond that, including to page numbers.
  • Options
    @N01R4M I think that might be just your computer mate. Can’t replicate either of your issues. 
  • Options
    Just hit the 20K for LOLs, I here all week, so Mrs GA tells me. 
  • Options
    A 2:1 like to lol ratio is what you want to aim for. Means you have important things to say but can still bring the comedy.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    A 2:1 like to lol ratio is what you want to aim for. Means you have important things to say but can still bring the comedy.
    Not if your like count is 2 and your lol count is 1 :-) 
  • Options
    I have a 1:2 ratio.  But there is intelligence in my comedy!!
  • Options
    Mines approaching 1:4........it seems I’m a deeply unpopular comedian. 
  • Options
    If anyone would like to test the "lol" or "like" function, please use this post!
    Not working for me on this post but every other one seems to work fine :wink: