Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth fans

Comments

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    fog horn said:
    Pompey have always come to us in their numbers. They seem to respect us but it can be a little hostile down at their place.
    in the world of "Terrace Culture" the fact that Pompey respect little old Charlton is quite impressive  In their pomp (excuse the pun), with the 657 crew, Pompey were a match for most ! 
    We had a huge rivalry with Pompey during the late 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s. Talking to a couple of their lads once they said they always had to take a solid mob to Charlton and palace because it was inevitable that Millwall would have a go at either Waterloo or along the line somewhere on route to the valley or selhurst Park. Their train once got attacked at Queens Road Peckham on the way to palace. Not something I’m glorying in, just explains why they turned up at yours mob handed. Nothing to do with respect for charlton, more to do with the rivalry with Millwall. 
    Load of bollocks 

You are such a knob.
    Just proving a point to the people who came on here saying I was talking bollocks. It’s no biggie though. Took up a few seconds of my time. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    fog horn said:
    Pompey have always come to us in their numbers. They seem to respect us but it can be a little hostile down at their place.
    in the world of "Terrace Culture" the fact that Pompey respect little old Charlton is quite impressive  In their pomp (excuse the pun), with the 657 crew, Pompey were a match for most ! 
    We had a huge rivalry with Pompey during the late 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s. Talking to a couple of their lads once they said they always had to take a solid mob to Charlton and palace because it was inevitable that Millwall would have a go at either Waterloo or along the line somewhere on route to the valley or selhurst Park. Their train once got attacked at Queens Road Peckham on the way to palace. Not something I’m glorying in, just explains why they turned up at yours mob handed. Nothing to do with respect for charlton, more to do with the rivalry with Millwall. 
    Load of bollocks 

You are such a knob.
    Just proving a point to the people who came on here saying I was talking bollocks. It’s no biggie though. Took up a few seconds of my time. 
    The thing is you keep going on about stuff like this like its something you are proud of.

You should not want people talking about it and you should be ashamed that this is even associated with your club
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    fog horn said:
    Load of bollocks 

You are such a knob.
    The thing is you keep going on about stuff like this like its something you are proud of.

You should not want people talking about it and you should be ashamed that this is even associated with your club
    Not once did I talk like it was something I was proud of. I even stated, this is not something I’m glorifying in. 

Its just a conversation piece. Plenty on her have been reminiscing about the good old/bad old days (depending on your viewpoint) on this thread and plenty have been glorifying it more than I have! 

I stated a couple of facts and then got told I was talking bollocks. I’m just replying to them here that’s all. 

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    fog horn said:
    Load of bollocks 

You are such a knob.

Not once did I talk like it was something I was proud of. I even stated, this is not something I’m glorifying in. 

Its just a conversation piece. Plenty on her have been reminiscing about the good old/bad old days (depending on your viewpoint) on this thread and plenty have been glorifying it more than I have! 

I stated a couple of facts and then got told I was talking bollocks. I’m just replying to them here that’s all. 

You are so boring 
  • Options
    To be fair to Millwallfan, it’s good of him to come on here to give us the benefit of his wisdom whilst he’s at Waterloo with his chums laying in wait for returning Pompey fans.

Back in the day before mobile phones they would’ve had to keep themselves busy by turning over the tramps in cardboard city. So that’s progress, I guess.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    fog horn said:
    This is mf's original post that I called bollocks and I stand by that.

@MillwallFan
    Pompey took (and still do) a `solid mob' wherever they went. Your idea that they only went to us and palace in numbers is because they were scared of bumping into you is wrong.

• Options
    Yesterday was a bit different, a throwback to the 80's.

On arriving at Kings Cross to travel up to Harrogate, I was greeted by about 20 police.  All trains were dry because of the Leeds v millwall game.

A few travelled up on our train, then on arrival at Doncaster we were met with another group of police.

Leeds had come to a standstill and the locals were all aware that Leeds were playing Millwall when we finally arrived at Leeds, Millwall fans on the train ended up at about 20.

The inconvenience caused, coupled with the massive costs for the police, surely could be erradicated if they only allowed the away fans to travel by official coach.  This would apply to both Leeds and Millwall.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    fog horn said:

@MillwallFan
    Pompey took (and still do) a `solid mob' wherever they went. Your idea that they only went to us and palace in numbers is because they were scared of bumping into you is wrong.

Of course they took numbers wherever they went. They always have. But to go somewhere with a ‘solid mob’ as I called it is something different. 
    an example being, when we’d go over to palace we’d take loads of lads. But most would just head over there in small groups and just go boozing in different pubs and different areas etc. Occasionally quite a few would end up in a certain pub and there would have been what looks like a mob in there but there was no real planning to it. 
    Now if we went over to somewhere like West Ham or Spurs it’s a completely different ball game. We’d meet up outside of their manor (trying not to sound too much like Danny Dyer here) and go in as one big solid mob, or two or three smaller but tighter groups. You’d have to. If we treated West Ham away the same as we did palace away we’d just get picked off. 
    Now what I’m saying is if Pompey didn’t run the risk of having it with Millwall when they went to Charlton then they’d probably treat it more as just a day out on the lash, like we treat palace away. that was my original point. And as I said , I know a couple of their lads, and having a chat once about the good/bad old days they even said as much. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You're making it sound like the D Day landings rather than a couple of dozen coked up idiots who have nothing better to do in their lives than a bit of pavement dancing.

"I know a couple of their lads". I bet you don't. 

• Options
    I am pissing myself with this thread, he is playing with you and you are biting, wise up people
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    fog horn said:

@MillwallFan

Of course they took numbers wherever they went. They always have. But to go somewhere with a ‘solid mob’ as I called it is something different. 
    an example being, when we’d go over to palace we’d take loads of lads. But most would just head over there in small groups and just go boozing in different pubs and different areas etc. Occasionally quite a few would end up in a certain pub and there would have been what looks like a mob in there but there was no real planning to it. 
    Now if we went over to somewhere like West Ham or Spurs it’s a completely different ball game. We’d meet up outside of their manor (trying not to sound too much like Danny Dyer here) and go in as one big solid mob, or two or three smaller but tighter groups. You’d have to. If we treated West Ham away the same as we did palace away we’d just get picked off. 
    Now what I’m saying is if Pompey didn’t run the risk of having it with Millwall when they went to Charlton then they’d probably treat it more as just a day out on the lash, like we treat palace away. that was my original point. And as I said , I know a couple of their lads, and having a chat once about the good/bad old days they even said as much. 
    It's so exciting i'm going to become a spanner.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    fog horn said:

@MillwallFan

Feel like i'm reading a Dougie Brimson book
  • Options
    nice to see a few of them on social media fearing charlton in the playoffs. 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    fog horn said:

@MillwallFan

This has now reached absurdity level 10.
    Who gives a fuck pal.

As Taxi lad said, if you don’t give a fuck don’t read it. I don’t read 95% of the threads on CL. 
    This thread is just a chat about the old days and how it used to be for a few on here. 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    fog horn said:

@MillwallFan

Good reply lol
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    fog horn said:

@MillwallFan

This has now reached absurdity level 10.
    Who gives a fuck pal.

As Taxi lad said, if you don’t give a fuck don’t read it. I don’t read 95% of the threads on CL. 
    This thread is just a chat about the old days and how it used to be for a few on here. 
    I skimmed it.....took about 5 seconds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yawn
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    fog horn said:

@MillwallFan

Good reply lol
    you lost all credibility when you used the term 'their manor' to be fair
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2019
    To be fair to him, MF is only using the language that those involved would use/do use, i was heavily involved in that “culture” in the 80’s onwards, had many a running battle with Pompey over the years.
    I get the analogy of treating some away games as a day out, rather than specifically looking for a tear up, but always being up for it if required, Southampton away, Nov 2001 was the original catalyst for maze hill the following April, only 20 or so lads travelled for a day on the beer, , but it was a pretty nasty fight in the pub beforehand and enroute to the stadium.
    palarse away would attract 150-200 travelling in a mob together, for exactly the reasons MF mentioned. 
  • Options
    @DA9
    Personally I would take mf's posts on the era and incidents more seriously if he'd been there instead quoting from hoolie books and what a couple of lads had told him.

Southampton.
    Started way before 2001.Southampton away, I can't remember the year, late 70's? Night game. They managed to infiltrate our end, Chris Slattery copped it first then it was a real free for all. Always a bit of history between us from then.
  • Options
    @DA9
    Personally I would take mf's posts on the era and incidents more seriously if he'd been there instead quoting from hoolie books and what a couple of lads had told him.

Southampton.
    Started way before 2001.Southampton away, I can't remember the year, late 70's? Night game. They managed to infiltrate our end, Chris Slattery copped it first then it was a real free for all. Always a bit of history between us from then.
    Mate, I’m not going to go in to my ‘era’ on here or what incidents I was involved in as I’d get absolutely slaughtered for it. But by circumstances I do know a couple of their lads and this came up in conversation a few years ago. They’ve got no reason to lie. As for that ‘hoolie book’, well it was written by Rob Silvester, I think he knows what he’s talking about when it comes to the 657. 
    But you believe what you want mate. If you want to believe that they held Charltons mob in such high regard you carry on 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Uboat said:
    Millwall reckon they're all that, but I've never heard of them stealing sandwiches from outside a bingo hall. 
    All talk, no sandwiches.
    Them Pompey fuckers!   MF's local Pret a Manger better watch out...  he's bound to want to top that,  what'ya reckon lads, will it be a Chicken, Avacado and Basil or will the scamp go all out for Free Range Egg and Tomato on Peckham Rye?
  • Options
    I don't understand this thread. Have Charlton ever had a "firm"? Not in my time of supporting them. The aforementioned Southampton encounters the only trouble I ever recall and I always thought we just sought out an equally soft opponent.
  • Options
    *checks in cupboard for popcorn*
  • Options
    Assuming your not joking, every club in the land does Drewman, so hardly a surprise.

We might not make the papers and the books regularly, but just like most clubs, there is a dark undercurrent here too.