Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Portsmouth - Match Thread

Comments

• Have Sky turned the volume down on the crowd mikes? 

You ou can hear singing, but barely make out what it is.
  • RedChaser said:
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    What was that? Jesus Phillips!
    It looked like it went right down the middle, should Phillips have done better?

Purrington didn't even jump

Phillips no chance with that bullet header it went in at normal speed at slow motion when I replayed it.
    Lol my comment was not about the goal! 

You'll see my comment slating Purrington on the goal.

This was his shanked ball under pressure... Not lots of pressure mind. It was one man about 10 ft away.
  • Anyone else think that’s the best we’ve played on TV for a long long time? Maybe we’re breaking the curse of SKY!
    You've done it now.
  • HALF-TIME | Charlton 1 Portsmouth 1 The Addicks dominate the first 45, but we go in level at the break. #cafc

Apologies for the delay in the that confirmation, the laptop turned itself off at the half-time whistle! #cafc

• Phillips' slice out of play wasn't an issue at all. It was half time. You defend Vetokele then have a go at Phillips over something completely irrelevant...
  • Brilliant movement from us first half but you just knew they’d score from that corner, their first and only. COYRs second half
  • Dazzler21 said:
    You lot are mental. It's official. Vetokele can not be blamed for that block he even tried to move out of the path of least resistance for the 'strikers' shot.

Cullen hit it straight at him.

Subbing him will do us no favours. We'll just have two deep lying forwards if we bring Parker on...
    Igor 57 career goals, Parker 27.
  • N01R4M said:
    Do people want me to continue adding the official tweets to the thread 2nd half?
    I'm very aware I'm not as slick at doing it as @ross1 is!!
    Keep ‘me coming NO1, thanks
    Think you mean keep 'em' coming. 🤣
  • 59/41 according to bet365, which feels about right
  • After Aribo's goal, Roland rubbing his hands at how much he can sell him for. I wonder who is going to tell him the bad news? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    What was that? Jesus Phillips!
    It looked like it went right down the middle, should Phillips have done better?

Purrington didn't even jump

Not sold at all on Purrington yet. Don’t find him that solid defensively and not great going forwards either. He’s added a bit of natural balance to the team, but not a whole lot else. He’s basically the only option at the moment, but I’d think about trying Sarr there again when Pearce is available. 
  • N01R4M said:
    Do people want me to continue adding the official tweets to the thread 2nd half?
    I'm very aware I'm not as slick at doing it as @ross1 is!!
    Please continue. It's life blood to some of us living abroad! You're doing well.
  • Charlton sub at the start of the second half: Bielik off, replaced by the Forehead..
  • Reeves coming on. Losing Bielik a blow but like sub better than Lapslie. 
  • Igor losing the ball there and fouling his man after is exactly what he's been doing all game 
  • SUB | The Addicks make a sub at the break as the injured Krystian Bielik makes way for Ben Reeves.
    46' We are back underway in SE7...
  • Leuth said:
    Igor losing the ball there and fouling his man after is exactly what he's been doing all game 
    Some of the game. Taylor’s done it too. He can’t win everything. Could do better. Your 10 men comment was OTT though. 
  • Oh Naby, why didn't you shoot after you feinted yourseld an extra couple of yards?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    You lot are mental. It's official. Vetokele can not be blamed for that block he even tried to move out of the path of least resistance for the 'strikers' shot.

Cullen hit it straight at him.

Subbing him will do us no favours. We'll just have two deep lying forwards if we bring Parker on...
    Igor 57 career goals, Parker 27.
    Igor played 232 
    Parker 216
  • Well done lino!

I could see that was offside from 200 yards away ...
  • Sponsored links:

• So we’ve had the kick in the bollocks equaliser and the player off injured. Still got the Taylor booking and last minute winner to come. Or maybe the Igor hat trick. Come on lads!
  • 2-1 Portsmouth
  • Miles offside. 
  • edited March 2019
    This Curtis lad looks a right C you next Tuesday
  • Curtis is a proper little prick
  • 49' Pompey have the ball in the net but the flag is up immediately for offside.
  • Aribo is such a class act. Sort of wish he'd saved this performance for a match where we weren't on tv though. Don't see how anyone could see this showing and his contract situation and not think about making a move for him
  • Miles off but Pompey, like Donny last week, showing the value of fucking shooting instead of trying to walk it in n
  • 2-1 Charlton!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!