Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• 241-3 off 38.2 nervous
  • Bring back Plunkett ;)
  • An expensive drop by Roy...
  • Hafeez c Woakes (again) b Wood 84

279-4  42.4
  • Asif Ali c Bairstow b Wood 14

311-5 46.1
  • Wood has bowled very well today
  • Sarfaraz c & b Woakes 55   (4th catch)

319-6   47.2
  • Wahab c Root b Woakes 4

325-7   47.5
  • I think Ali, Wood, Stokes & Archer bowled well. Woakes & Rashid were average.
  • edited June 2019
    England will need to make the highest run chase in WC history. 329 was previous best.
  • Sponsored links:

• 337-8 49.1

Shoaib c Morgan b Woakes 8
  • Has the ball ever hit the wires , that last wicket was a skyer and could easily have hit the wires ... is it one hand off there or 5 runs 
    Agreed. Apart from Archer I wasn't that impressed today. 
  • 348-8  50 overs

This is England's toughest challenge for a while.
    I wouldn't like to call it, but if I was forced to decide, I'd take England to scrape home.
  • Hopefully England have saved their one sloppy fielding day for a group game rather than a knock out game
  • I’m still looking at our batting line up and thinking Pakistan are short.

Batting pitch, we will have it inside 45 overs.
    I know he bowled better than his figures suggest...but a bloke who bowled 10-0-79-0 more impressive than 10-0-50-3? 
  • Has the ball ever hit the wires , that last wicket was a skyer and could easily have hit the wires ... is it one hand off there or 5 runs 
    Dead ball I believe
  • Leuth said:
    I think Ali, Wood, Stokes & Archer bowled well. Woakes & Rashid were average.
    I know he bowled better than his figures suggest...but a bloke who bowled 10-0-79-0 more impressive than 10-0-50-3? 
    I think he’s saying Archer was the weak link out of those.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Leuth said:
    I think he’s saying Archer was the weak link out of those.
    Thank you.
    I was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh OK! 

I thought he was a tad unfortunate but Trent Bridge doesn't reward fast bowling really 
  • Leuth said:
    Oh OK! 

I thought he was a tad unfortunate but Trent Bridge doesn't reward fast bowling really 
    Fair do's. 
  • By their own very high standards in recent times England were very scrappy today. From the off, poor misfield from Morgan and Woakes was not on the money. Archer bowled well early on but in his last spell he had mid-off in the circle but gave the batsmen too many balls that they could hit in the V. 
    Woods death bowling was excellent and prevented a mammoth target. Woakes bowled poorly all day and it's worrying that Morgan felt he couldn't turn to Stokes at the end. 
     The pitch is not coming on as previously apparently so 350 is stiff target but if Bairstow and Roy get going I'd still back us. 
  • Mark Wood's 10 was excellent
  • Leuth said:
    Ranking the bowlers I'd move Woakes up the list as he took 2 wickets whilst I was typing :smile:
    So Ali 1st, Wood, Stokes, Woakes, Archer and Rashid. Roy I think dropped an easy chance off Rashid.

Woakes8.017138.88
    Archer10.007907.90
    Moeen10.005035.00
    Wood10.005325.30
    Stokes7.004306.14
    Rashid5.004308.60
  • 12-1    2.1

Roy lbw Shadab 8
  • Roy out
  • Why did he review that and why was he having a go at the umpire? It was absolutely plumb out
  • Roy has had a day to remember all round - dropped a sitter, missed a possible run out, LBW and then wastes the review.
  • I have a strong feeling Roy won't be getting Man of the Match today