Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• So, is it true Tom Lockyer is joining us and is he any good?

Apologies if already discussed.
  • So, is it true Tom Lockyer is joining us and is he any good?

Apologies if already discussed.
    Been heavily suggested but not confirmed. Seems to be pretty highly rated but don't know much more myself.
  • Hate to put a dampener on Cullen, but, IF Cullen does become available, as he only has a year left on his contract, West Ham would sell rather than loan and loose him for nothing? I doubt we'd pay a fee or offer him much money – I'd imagine he's on a good wage at West Ham. If other Championship clubs – or Rangers or Celtic know of his availability, they'd blow us out the water (or more like blow us out the puddle).
  • Four in by Friday. Is it going to happen ?
  • It'll be 3

Lockyer, Oztumer and some out of contract defensively minded midfielder
  • Unlikely, I suspect.
  • edited June 2019
    JdCam said:
    Hate to put a dampener on Cullen, but, IF Cullen does become available, as he only has a year left on his contract, West Ham would sell rather than loan and loose him for nothing? I doubt we'd pay a fee or offer him much money – I'd imagine he's on a good wage at West Ham. If other Championship clubs – or Rangers or Celtic know of his availability, they'd blow us out the water (or more like blow us out the puddle).
    Cullen is only 24?...could be Nobles successor, they might give him another contract and loan him for another season. His stock will only no doubt rise and then they could still sell him no problem if need be.

Noble can't have much more than this season in him  
  • Assuming Oxford don't take our place in the Championship as we return to division one.
  • JdCam said:
    Hate to put a dampener on Cullen, but, IF Cullen does become available, as he only has a year left on his contract, West Ham would sell rather than loan and loose him for nothing? I doubt we'd pay a fee or offer him much money – I'd imagine he's on a good wage at West Ham. If other Championship clubs – or Rangers or Celtic know of his availability, they'd blow us out the water (or more like blow us out the puddle).
    I thought Cullen signed an extension last October?
  • Sponsored links:

• Being hinted elsewhere that the lack of signings are down to the proximity of a takeover. 
    Don’t believe everything Roland tweets to you. 
  • Being hinted elsewhere that the lack of signings are down to the proximity of a takeover. 
    How close it have to be.....2 miles   ??  5  ??

Proximity is a measure of distance, not time. 

The takeover that was done in twelve parsecs. 
  • JdCam said:
    Cullen is only 24?...could be Nobles successor, they might give him another contract and loan him for another season. His stock will only no doubt rise and then they could still sell him no problem if need be.

Hear what you're saying – but if he ain't in team by 24, will he ever be? They're buying an under 21 Spanish player I believe?
  • Redrobo said:
    JdCam said:
    Redrobo said:
    JdCam said:
    Couldn't see anything about that – could be wrong though – I'm no Josh Cullen expert!  :)
  • JdCam said:
    JdCam said:

Hear what you're saying – but if he ain't in team by 24, will he ever be? They're buying an under 21 Spanish player I believe?

Cullen is not a direct replacement for Noble, they are different players imo. Cullen more defensive, better tackler, both good passers but Noble pops up with the odd goal. I don't see him getting in the side anytime soon so just hand him over as we could do with him :)
  • Cullen is on £8000 per week at WH from what sources say online. I don’t see our dumb owner paying that. Nor the £2-3M that would probably be asked as a transfer fee. 
  • Not sure if posted already and could just be regurgitated information but apparently this guy is quite reliable 

Seems like Oztumer is one signing we have made if you go by social media 
    Who is Jimmy McCann? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just seen someone on twitter saying they spoke to Otzumer on the train and said talks have hit the infamous *stumbling block* and tomorrow is crucial... don't know how true it is just passing on info 
    Half of our transfer rumours have come from train conversations  this year ffs.
  • I'm guessing lack of early signings is due to the low budget. If it continues most of our signings will be last minute.
  • jondon76 said:
    Not sure if posted already and could just be regurgitated information but apparently this guy is quite reliable 

Who is Jimmy McCann? 
    6K followers.
  • jondon76 said:
    Not sure if posted already and could just be regurgitated information but apparently this guy is quite reliable 

Who is Jimmy McCann? 
    I don't really know tbh, a semi retired football agent according to his twitter blast. Seen a few people ask him if he knows anything, similar to how they ask Reluctant Nicko, thought it was worth posting 
  • Redhenry said:
    I'm guessing lack of early signings is due to the low budget. If it continues most of our signings will be last minute.
    I’ll be surprised if we don’t get 1 or 2 by Friday, I take it you haven’t heard anything?
  • Just seen someone on twitter saying they spoke to Otzumer on the train and said talks have hit the infamous *stumbling block* and tomorrow is crucial... don't know how true it is just passing on info 
    Same fella said this yesterday take it with a pinch of salt !!!
  • Haha... Jamal Lowe???

Didnt Millwall have a £1.5m bid turned down?
  • as widely known I've heard Otzumer, nobody else 
  • I've heard Jamal going Smallwall