Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Blucher said:
    Is Michael Morrison a viable option.

Out of contract at Birmingham, 31 and an experienced and proven league one defender.

No idea what money he is on but Jacko might have his phone number.
    Good call. He's a warrior and would be a really good acquisition but I can't see him accepting a contract at what we're apparently offering - plus he'll doubtless remember the absurd attempt by Duchatelet/Katrien/Peeters/Little Tommy to shift him off to some Romanian team we've never heard of before or since.

Such an intelligent move on their part to release Morro to Birmingham for nothing when we had Ben Haim on a one year contract, The Beast - who had a recent history of performing for half a season - and Joe Gomez, who was always likely to leave at the end of the season, particularly in the light of Katrien's paltry £3.5million release clause. Forward planning has never been the regime's strongest suit, although moving Morro on was, of course, entirely consistent with Duchatelet's philosophy of a skeletal squad and maximising the exposure of Academy products in the shop window. As the great Karel Fraeye - bafflingly unemployed after leaving Lommel United bottom of the table in October 2016 - once memorably informed us: " You only need 11 players and 7 on the bench". 

Plus, our dearth of central defenders meant we also got to sign and re-sign the great Roger Johnson and to see him and the crocked Rhys Williams perform in tandem.

I went to the Hull city match when Johnson and Williams played as the two CB.  After the 80th minute when Hull Scored their 6th and final goal, just before they declared !
    From the top of my Soapbox, yelled out 7-6, we're going to win 7-6. That was in my drinking days and mistakingly  thought I was at Wimbledon and we would win on a tie break.
    4-0 at half-time

Hull turned in as much as we were shocking.  They could easily have reached 10.

Cracking day out though.
    I remember that Saturday when you met up with me and your mate from Goxhill in that nice Hull pub rammed with very pleasant Ull fans ..  this was the same week we had  conceded 5 at Huddersfield the previous Tuesday ( as @OhEddie Youds says) .. Hull were a very formidable side that season .. Harry Maguire, Robert Snodgrass and all and Huddersfield were starting to develop their eventual promotion winning side .. we on the other hand nosedived into relegation .. BUT WE ARE BACK !!!!!!!
    Yep, remember it well.

Hull were Barcelona in amber that day.

Did you get a round in that day mate?!
    I was stand alone on the lemonades .. I do not believe in supporting alcoholics in their addiction to the booze .. AND you still owe me one from the Burnley Miners Club !!
    Next time we go back there eh!
    should I live so long ((:>)
  • edited June 2019
    🚨 99% chance it’s nonsense random Twitter rumour alert 🚨 Pearce to sign for Sunderland
  • Scoham said:
    🚨 99% chance it’s nonsense random Twitter rumour alert 🚨 Pearce to sign for Sunderland
    6 followers....!  Wind Up!
  • Blucher said:

Out of contract at Birmingham, 31 and an experienced and proven league one defender.

Good call. He's a warrior and would be a really good acquisition but I can't see him accepting a contract at what we're apparently offering - plus he'll doubtless remember the absurd attempt by Duchatelet/Katrien/Peeters/Little Tommy to shift him off to some Romanian team we've never heard of before or since.

Such an intelligent move on their part to release Morro to Birmingham for nothing when we had Ben Haim on a one year contract, The Beast - who had a recent history of performing for half a season - and Joe Gomez, who was always likely to leave at the end of the season, particularly in the light of Katrien's paltry £3.5million release clause. Forward planning has never been the regime's strongest suit, although moving Morro on was, of course, entirely consistent with Duchatelet's philosophy of a skeletal squad and maximising the exposure of Academy products in the shop window. As the great Karel Fraeye - bafflingly unemployed after leaving Lommel United bottom of the table in October 2016 - once memorably informed us: " You only need 11 players and 7 on the bench". 

Plus, our dearth of central defenders meant we also got to sign and re-sign the great Roger Johnson and to see him and the crocked Rhys Williams perform in tandem.

I went to the Hull city match when Johnson and Williams played as the two CB.  After the 80th minute when Hull Scored their 6th and final goal, just before they declared !
    From the top of my Soapbox, yelled out 7-6, we're going to win 7-6. That was in my drinking days and mistakingly  thought I was at Wimbledon and we would win on a tie break.
    4-0 at half-time

Cracking day out though.
    I remember that Saturday when you met up with me and your mate from Goxhill in that nice Hull pub rammed with very pleasant Ull fans ..  this was the same week we had  conceded 5 at Huddersfield the previous Tuesday ( as @OhEddie Youds says) .. Hull were a very formidable side that season .. Harry Maguire, Robert Snodgrass and all and Huddersfield were starting to develop their eventual promotion winning side .. we on the other hand nosedived into relegation .. BUT WE ARE BACK !!!!!!!
    Yep, remember it well.

I was stand alone on the lemonades .. I do not believe in supporting alcoholics in their addiction to the booze .. AND you still owe me one from the Burnley Miners Club !!
    Burnley are due a relegation.
  • Scoham said:
    And how could this happen if he's in Spain?
  • Scoham said:
    I mean it could pretty easily happen if Pearce is in Spain...but this is still nonsense nonetheless 
  • No chance, while we are on the subject of Sunderland we got another little victory over them, a morale one this time.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/chuks-aneke-mk-dons.1475864/page-12

Impressive 12 page speculation over him and we end up with him. Just shows that it is not a league1 signing. He may well have ended up at Sunderland instead if they had beaten us 
  • Scoham said:
    His agent isn't in Spain 
  • I can't believe we haven't signed anyone on a Sunday morning.

• edited June 2019
    Given he should be 2nd choice, if we could get something like our money back from Mackems, I'd take it and bring back two ex-players, RCB Ajayi up for sale, and Lennon no longer 1st choice since injury.
  • Sponsored links:

• Blucher said:

4-0 at half-time

Cracking day out though.
    Yep, remember it well.

Blucher said:

4-0 at half-time

Cracking day out though.
    Yep, remember it well.

see you there in season 2020/21 ((:>) .. (If not before)
  • He has youth, pace and height. Will improve.
    Not sure you’re thinking of the right Harry Lennon????
  • Oldham apparently interested in Zach Clough at Forest, seem to remember he was very highly rated a few years ago so that’s a massive step down. Sort of player Bowyer could get back on track career wise?
    Thats crazy!!... We should definitely be looking at Zach Clough if its only the likes of Oldham interested

Although part of me is concerned if its only Oldham as he had that spell at Nottingham Forest... makes me wonder if he's the type who doesnt want to be at a club far from home
  • Sponsored links:

• Pearce ain’t going anywhere. It’s just a deluded Mackem dreaming of being able to sign one of our reserves 
    #Bigclub #bollox
  • Swapping Pearce for Lennon would be absolutely bizarre. Ajayi on the other hand would be a welcomed upgrade as much as I like Pearce 
    Sarr would always be 1st choice. The point would be getting a fee which could be spent on a decent RCB and allow Lockyer to replace Bielik who now seems beyond our means. By all means replace Lennon as LCB backup with a fringe L1 player. 

Also I spotted at Woking, Bruno Andrade now at Lincoln and is worth a punt as an inverted winger who could play through the middle. Do I sound like Ackworth?
  • Oldham apparently interested in Zach Clough at Forest, seem to remember he was very highly rated a few years ago so that’s a massive step down. Sort of player Bowyer could get back on track career wise?
    Thats crazy!!... We should definitely be looking at Zach Clough if its only the likes of Oldham interested

Although part of me is concerned if its only Oldham as he had that spell at Nottingham Forest... makes me wonder if he's the type who doesnt want to be at a club far from home
    Was on loan at Rochdale last season and by the looks of it he hardly played?

Was he injured a lot or just not good enough any more?
  • Swapping Pearce for Lennon would be absolutely bizarre. Ajayi on the other hand would be a welcomed upgrade as much as I like Pearce 
    Sarr would always be 1st choice. The point would be getting a fee which could be spent on a decent RCB and allow Lockyer to replace Bielik who now seems beyond our means. By all means replace Lennon as LCB backup with a fringe L1 player. 

Also I spotted at Woking, Bruno Andrade now at Lincoln and is worth a punt as an inverted winger who could play through the middle. Do I sound like Ackworth?
    Frighteningly so!
  • edited June 2019
    Swapping Pearce for Lennon would be absolutely bizarre. Ajayi on the other hand would be a welcomed upgrade as much as I like Pearce 

Yes you sound exactly like Acworth.
    Never have 2 Charlton supporters had such deluded views.
    It's unfathomable.
    It's like when we were kids at school scoring goals in the playground, thinking we were some great player.
    But then we grew up and realised 99% of kids aren't as good as the adults.
  • Covered End having a dig at Harvey. There's a surprise!
  • I can't think of one thing on this thread I have said that would be classed as delusional? 

I haven't said we would sign a player mentioned just said it would be nice. Any player I've said would be decent for us is a high end league 1 player or a relegated championship player, hardly suggesting we go for Mbappe. 

Don't get your knickers in a twist pal.

• edited June 2019
    Just heard from a friend that heard from someone on a train that Bowyer reckons we are in for Luis Suarez, make of that what you will 
  • Lennon would be out of his depth in the Championship.
  • Just heard from a friend that heard from someone on a train that Bowyer reckons we are in for Luis Suarez, make of that what you will 
    I’m not gonna bite to that