Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When will UEFA take racism seriously?

Comments

• Options
    although they are chelsea fans, technically speaking it wasn't inside a football ground, so what punishment can you hand out, also why should chelsea have to sort it out. 
    Punishment = ban the fans from Stamford Bridge

Why?  Because Chelsea want to stamp out racism
  • Options
    although they are chelsea fans, technically speaking it wasn't inside a football ground, so what punishment can you hand out, also why should chelsea have to sort it out. 
    They don't have to, they have chosen to, hats off to them for doing so.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    and fair play to them for doing so, but these sort of "fans" aren't going to stop with this sort of behaviour, chelsea cannot control people going abroad and playing up seen a lot of videos of them over the years and they come across on mass as a load of wankers think it was last year they punched some guy who tried to stop them from smashing chairs up at his bar. 

certain clubs have that mentality chelsea, millwall ( we have a few decent ones on here ) but a lot of tossers attach themselves to both clubs. 
  • Options
    So hopefully Chelsea ban the lot of em.
  • Options
    this is it there was more than 3 singing it, i cannot believe peoples stupidity with everything on camera phones now if you are going to sing that sort of stuff then you must prepare for the consequences. 
  • Options
    this is it there was more than 3 singing it, i cannot believe peoples stupidity with everything on camera phones now if you are going to sing that sort of stuff then you must prepare for the consequences. 
    They're probably too many pints and/or packets in to be thinking too clearly
  • Options
    and fair play to them for doing so, but these sort of "fans" aren't going to stop with this sort of behaviour, chelsea cannot control people going abroad and playing up seen a lot of videos of them over the years and they come across on mass as a load of wankers think it was last year they punched some guy who tried to stop them from smashing chairs up at his bar. 

certain clubs have that mentality chelsea, millwall ( we have a few decent ones on here ) but a lot of tossers attach themselves to both clubs. 
    Maybe these idiots won't but it might make a few others think twice and not join in next time that or similar songs are sung.

They can't stop people going abroad but they can stop them getting tickets in their own names.

Punish the idiots, isolate them from the majority and educate the rest
  • Options
    They will claim it's "banter" (sic), "free speech", "PC gone mad", "my mate is a Muslim and he's not offended", "Player X (insert name of Muslim Chelsea player) is my favourite Chelsea player so I can't be racist" or the classic "Muslim isn't a race so it's not racist". 
  • Options
    The 3 Chelsea fans were identified by Chelsea and were prevented from entering the stadium last night. 
  • Options
    It isn't football's problem but society's problem. Football generally doesn't deal with it well though, as it ought to deduct points or suspend rather than fine. That would be more effective in removing it from the game, but it doesn't remove it from life. 

There is still a lot of racism in this country, but it is better, much better than it was. You get a new type of racist now, the one that tries to sound reasonable. So they may say, why can't I use the 'N' word, when black people do and are not accused of being racist. Without getting into the argument they want to have, the simple question should always be, why would you want to use the 'N' word?

What is the most effective tool in fighting racism? It is what it has always been, integration and education. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47916874 

stop the game, identify the culprit and crack on with the game.

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    I think someone's come up with the "do you think that was racist? Hold my beer" post of the week. 
    Chizz, learn the difference between. Rudeness and Racism. 

Once you've mastered that, learn humility and apologise. 

I doubt there will be any need to hold anyone's beer on that one. 
    Perhaps I misinterpreted what you posted. 

When you posted that Montenegro is
    an absolute pussweed of a nation that will never achieve anything 
    and that the 
    Montenegrians should stick to eating goats or what ever crappy mediveil thing they do that passes for culture in that dogs @rse place of the world they reside in 
    you were demonstrating that you're absolutely not a racist.  Is that right?  You've promulgated those views in order to demonstrate how you don't exhibit any racism?  And that, by contrast, anyone misinterpreting your invective as being racist is, in fact, utterly mistaking fair comment and "rudeness" for racism?  

If that's the case, great.  Because it's a fascinating point of view.  Although, I'm afraid it's one that's utterly flawed.  And if it's not true, and, in fact, you were just spewing racist views because you felt like it, and you thought a thread about racism was the best place for it, can I suggest you have a long word with yourself?  Preferably a rude one. 
    Sticking up for the montenegrians.  You clearly admire them and will stick up for racists. 
    That would be a valid point, if they were all racist.
  • Options
    He hasn't got any valid points. I wish people would stop feeding him. 
  • Options
    On a positive note, there were plenty of black and Asian youngsters belting out VFR in the North  upper yesterday and the adoration shown for Taylor, Sarr and Igor at the end shows we haven't got much to beat ourselves up about.
  • Options
    So it seems Danny Rose wasn't far wrong in his comments a few weeks back.

As punishment, Montenegro have been ordered to play their next home match behind closed doors following the racist abuse of England players by supporters in March.

Montenegro have also received a fine of 20,000 euros (£17,253) from Uefa.

• Options

Serie A has decided not to sanction Cagliari for their fans' racist abuse of Moise Kean despite admitting their actions were "reprehensible".

The Juventus forward, 19, suffered racist abuse from the stands during his side's win at Cagliari on 2 April.

The Italian FA said "It emerged the chants in question, although certainly reprehensible, had an objectively limited relevance to race." 

• Options
    Talksport, Darren Moore says his sacking wasn’t racially motivated.

”Myself and Chris are still the same people when these clubs gave us the opportunity to manage and we’re still the same people now.  For me, it’s based on footballing matters.  There is ample opportunity out there.”
  • Options

”Myself and Chris are still the same people when these clubs gave us the opportunity to manage and we’re still the same people now.  For me, it’s based on footballing matters.  There is ample opportunity out there.”
    Well said Darren!!
  • Options

Well said Darren!!
    Refreshing response.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well said Darren!!
    Refreshing response.
    Funnily whilst I didnt think it was racially motivated I did think it was a poor decision from West Brom (as proven) but he's shown he's got a sensible head so will probably put him in good stead for future jobs
  • Options

Well said Darren!!
    Refreshing response.
    Funnily whilst I didnt think it was racially motivated I did think it was a poor decision from West Brom (as proven) but he's shown he's got a sensible head so will probably put him in good stead for future jobs
    I thought it was very harsh on him, but he’s not the only manager who’s been harshly sacked, there’s a desperation for a which hunt regarding the motivation for his sacking, but here it is from the horses mouth, for this particular case it is firmly put to bed, paid up mouth pieces like Adrian Durham who originally said he’s been sacked because he’s black, have been proved wrong on this occasion.
  • Options
    hughton was sacked as he was given funds to spend and only finished 2 points ahead of relegation zone - nothing to do with colour. 

i feel a mick mccarthy situation could happen, there for will be backing norwich and brighton to be relegated next season
  • Options
    I think UEFA and FIFA will take racism seriously probably around the same time they take homphobia and sexism seriously.
  • Options

Serie A has decided not to sanction Cagliari for their fans' racist abuse of Moise Kean despite admitting their actions were "reprehensible".

The Juventus forward, 19, suffered racist abuse from the stands during his side's win at Cagliari on 2 April.

The Italian FA said "It emerged the chants in question, although certainly reprehensible, had an objectively limited relevance to race." 

i know Millwall were charged for their racist chanting in the fa cup but what was the outcome of that charge?
  • Options

i know Millwall were charged for their racist chanting in the fa cup but what was the outcome of that charge?

West Ham got fined
  • Options
    It isn't football's problem but society's problem. Football generally doesn't deal with it well though, as it ought to deduct points or suspend rather than fine. That would be more effective in removing it from the game, but it doesn't remove it from life. 

There is still a lot of racism in this country, but it is better, much better than it was. You get a new type of racist now, the one that tries to sound reasonable. So they may say, why can't I use the 'N' word, when black people do and are not accused of being racist. Without getting into the argument they want to have, the simple question should always be, why would you want to use the 'N' word?

What is the most effective tool in fighting racism? It is what it has always been, integration and education. 
    I think I’d go a step beyond saying it’s society’s problem and say that it’s humanity’s problem. 
    When we stop seeing people by their colour, gender, sexuality, religion, class etc and actually start treating them as another human being then we might be able to fully tackle racism. 

Within the sphere of football we have to do whatever we can to back that up and, IMHO, as far as racism goes the saying of the FA, UEFA and FIFA to “show racism the red card” needs to be backed up with actions. When those actions have enough teeth the sanctions imposed will bite - and it should hurt. After all, racist comments hurt. 

The problem is that football is on the whole run by privileged white men - and whilst I’m not taking a pot shot at them for being that per se, it does mean that as see, as in a lot of other places like politics, that there is likely to be a tendency to unconscious bias. Which is why you get a fine of £160 for racism and £165 for pulling your team off the pitch. That bias permeates through the whole organisation and trickles down - which is why it’s so important to see attitude change at the very top.  Sadly because Football these days is all about the money and not about the game itself, there are a lot of hurdles to overcome before people are seen as being humans rather than commodities.  I’m not holding my breath..