Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations to Norman Barker

Comments

• Options
    Known Norman all my life - from the same Estate. A true Gentleman and a Charlton Fan through and through. 
    Do you know what school Norm went to? because us from Sherrington were bunking in in those years he mentions.

Cyril Davies on this site went to school with him ………..He should know.

Got a good photo of Norman and myself on way to quarter final at Old Trafford hanging up on my wall at home...….catch you up sometime Norm.....well done sir.....

Never let Norman have plane tickets we almost missed flight to Rome,

Cyril Davies is female.

I know that and so does everyone else now.
    Why say "he should know" then ?
  • Options
    I haven't been to an away game since I moved to Thailand (I don't count the China tour) and it seems things don't change. I don't think I ever went to an away game where Norm wasn't in attendance. Great to see him honoured on the Pride of the Valley page.
  • Options
    Well deserved. The big question though, what is he listening to?
    He listens to the score updates on the radio. Anyone who’s ever sat near him will know he likes to keep up to date and reads them out. I usually have the updates on my phone anyway but I prefer hearing them from him. 
  • Options
    Is he on a massive run of consecutive games ? 
  • Options
    Very well deserved. A true gent of a man but I do prefer the fury hat :smiley:
    Davy .. Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier ((:>)
  • Options
    Totally deserved and perhaps a little overdue in recognition of Norm's unwavering dedication to the cause.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Norman with his Charlton supporting nephew and one of the old train-stewards. Hadn't seen a photo of Norman at Wembley, so hopefully somebody can pass it on to him. Catch you at a venue next season!

I was at an away game this season (won't say where).
    As I came out of the pub to go to the game, Norm and his cousin were coming out of the house next door, where the cousin lives.
    Surreal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Norman with his Charlton supporting nephew and one of the old train-stewards. Hadn't seen a photo of Norman at Wembley, so hopefully somebody can pass it on to him. Catch you at a venue next season!

Bet Norm knew how to use his ticket unlike some people holding up the queue, hey Colin @Lewis Coaches

:smile:
  • Options
    Well done Norm, proper Charlton!
  • Options
    Absolute legend.
  • Options
    Congratulations Norm. A well deserved honour.
  • Options
    Yeah. A Charlton icon. 
  • Options
    Used to bump into him quite a bit at away games, odd isn't it that you often see supporters away but never at home games, even when the home crowd is sparse.
  • Options
    yep agree - he is definitely worthy of legend status 
  • Options
    Proper Charlton.

One of the faces you'd see at every away game, wherever in the country.

Glad he still has the headphones!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Proper Charlton.

So reassuring to see him when you turned up at an away game.....it's like knowing your family are around you!
  • Options
    I recognise him from away games decades ago.

Why would you want the game to finish when we're losing 3-2? He must have had some very good music on his Walkman that day!
  • Options
    Why didn't they ask him what he listens to on his headphones?

He's as Charlton as they come.
  • Options
    Proper Charlton.

So reassuring to see him when you turned up at an away game.....it's like knowing your family are around you!

I believe Norwich fans experience that at every game.
  • Options
    Norman shared a cab with my lot earlier this season at an away game. 
    He has been going to Charlton matches home and away for as long as I  can remember. 
    Top bloke. Well deserved. 
  • Options
    Agreed, I too have seen him at countless away games over the years. He's part of our history. Very well deserved.
  • Options
    Why didn't they ask him what he listens to on his headphones?

He's as Charlton as they come.
    Recordings of different valved and powered steam engines of course.
    Duh.
  • Options
    I spent many an afternoon in the premiership days sitting a couple of seats away from him. A top top man and invaluable on updating me and all around us with the latest scores.
    Great days in the back rows of E Block @ricky_otto

• Options
    Good on ya Norm. Keep on rocking.
  • Options
    I spent many an afternoon in the premiership days sitting a couple of seats away from him. A top top man and invaluable on updating me and all around us with the latest scores.
    Great days in the back rows of E Block @ricky_otto

Too much information