Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 'faces'

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:0
    Paddy7 said:
    John Fortune
    How is the third tier of English football and, remind me, how long have you been there?
    15th May 2005.
    Is that the fickles birth date elfs
    Who the bloody hell is fickle?
  • Options
    Mmm, lively day that, not so much trouble but rubble.. 
  • Options
    The return of Twat_himself........you must have left school by now? Hows the acne going?
  • Options

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Has anyone mentioned Rodney Stone, the former Club Secretary... back in the 70’s he’d come onto the terraces to try and break up fights between rival fans
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Has anyone mentioned Rodney Stone, the former Club Secretary... back in the 70’s he’d come onto the terraces to try and break up fights between rival fans

He should have jumped on the pitch when Killer and Flash kicked off, never mind the fans.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    His crowning moment was at one of The Who concerts he came on stage and informed the crowd that there were 45,000 in the stadium........only about 30,000 out Rodders!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who was the guy who turned up everywhere in full motor cycle gear --- no idea if he had one or not
    Was he the tall grey haired fella with a beard, wore glasses?
    If that’s who you’re talking about then yes.....he did have a motor bike, big thing it was.
  • Options
    No mate they all wear Hawaiian shirts at that one
  • Options
    Yes grey hair with a beard
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Who was the guy who turned up everywhere in full motor cycle gear --- no idea if he had one or not
    Think your getting confused with one of your special weekend nightclubs mate 
    Oi.........I was (and still am at heart) a Mod.
    No way would you catch me in a club with anything even remotely to do with Rockers (Greasers)......oh, just the thought of it makes me shudder!
  • Options
    Maltese Paul
    I had a chat with him the other day. He said he doesn't go anymore since Duchetalet took over.

He hasn't changed a bit, still got the cap and gold chains.

Explains why I haven't seen him for ages. His boy played a few times for our Premiere Sunday league team along with Danny Edwards back in the day. Danny played for Charlton (and scored) against Man Utd in the FA Youth Cup. We were 2-0 up at half time and apparently Fergie gave his kids the hairdryer treatment and they went on to beat us 3-2. Most of the United team went on to achieve great things. 
  • Options
    If that’s who you’re talking about then yes.....he did have a motor bike, big thing it was.

Saw him on it going to an away game years ago, it was a trike with the big chopper (oo er) handlebars.
  • Options
    We used to call him Ken Bates. 
    He used to get quite upset if you lobbed bon bons (sweets) at him from the back of the coach. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    He used to get quite upset if you lobbed bon bons (sweets) at him from the back of the coach. 
    And you're a face yourself @Covered End. So modest. Never not seen you at an away game and I've been to at least 20!  :D Edit - 19 actually...
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Dennis
    Dennis's mate.
  • Options
    Going in to the ground recently I spotted the distinctive Ray Richardson, painter who has a studio near the Thames Barrier and who has achieved success in the art world. 
  • Options
    Might be a face you want to slap but
    @ElfsborgAddick
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Riviera said:
    And you're a face yourself @Covered End. So modest. Never not seen you at an away game and I've been to at least 20!  :D Edit - 19 actually...
    He is indeed, photographed threatening the lovely innocent talented Katrien when she was just trying to support the team. Nasty man. :wink:
  • Options
    KGB
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    It was brilliant to see Headphones Norm given the Pride of The Valley award yesterday - he's a face you see on away days up and down the country.

Who else can be hailed as a Charlton 'face'?

I'll start - obvious one is Sebbo. 
    Assuming Headphones Norman is the fellow I think he is then he is the one for me.
  • Options
    What about the worlds tallest man , was he a postie 
  • Options
    What about the worlds tallest man , was he a postie 
    I saw him at a home game a couple of months ago.
  • Options
    Ormondroyd?