Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 'faces'

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2019
    For the younger generation, Madison. Probably not everyone’s cup of tea but a real character on the home and away scene for a number of years now and capable of some very funny stuff.

For a a shorter period of time in the mid to late 90s ‘Fat Robbie Fowler’ was a similar younger extrovert who used to raise regular laughs in the old Covered End
    Matt?
    Was he the bloke who had 'Thug' tattooed on his back? Was everywhere for a few years then disappeared. Remember him eating a pigs ear in the Royal Oak that had been put down for a dog.
  • Options
    For the younger generation, Madison. Probably not everyone’s cup of tea but a real character on the home and away scene for a number of years now and capable of some very funny stuff.

For a a shorter period of time in the mid to late 90s ‘Fat Robbie Fowler’ was a similar younger extrovert who used to raise regular laughs in the old Covered End
    Matt?
    Was he the bloke who had 'Thug' tattooed on his back? Was everywhere for a few years then disappeared. Remember him eating a pigs ear in the Royal Oak that had been put down for a dog.
    Yeah that's him mate. Had the word "THUG" across his shoulders, in old English font, so it actually looked like "THFC"
  • Options

Matt?
    Yeah that's him mate. Had the word "THUG" across his shoulders, in old English font, so it actually looked like "THFC"
    I suspect like many before him, he met a woman, discovered sex and football was no longer such an attraction for him. 
  • Options
    Les Turner
    Yes ..... and a shout for dear old Chris Slattery, RIP 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Les Turner

Legend.......and my godfather RIP
  • Options
    I had a big list and then I realised it was only spelled with one "e".
  • Options
    Legend Paul Ellis, part of the  Mottingham massive , Sidcup Road, SE9 boys .

• Options
    Didn’t Paul look after programme side of the club shop before it became “a superstore” along with Belinda? Didn’t they get moved on by a certain club shop manager?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What happened to Matt Finnigan?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Les Turner

Lovely man Chris, had some great times on Lewis away coaches back in the day, he also played football for them LAC Rovers I think they were called
  • Options
    I saw him last season. 
    He was ok.
  • Options
    Absolute legend. Ran the programme collection service from a portacabin once we got back, so diligently.When CASC got our concrete office it became a collector's haven, Paul also organised our one and only prog fair at The Valley. Such a great help when we ran the trains and made it to China too. Would make sure I was home safe in my teens, although did sneak me in the bar at Charing Cross should the train be delayed😉. Delighted for The Legendary Paul Ellis. 
  • Options
    Still drinks in the Rose in bexleyheath, see him now and again 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Les Turner

Lovely man Chris, had some great times on Lewis away coaches back in the day, he also played football for them LAC Rovers I think they were called
    Yep that’s the team, my old man played for them with him 
  • Options
    Absolute legend. Ran the programme collection service from a portacabin once we got back, so diligently.When CASC got our concrete office it became a collector's haven, Paul also organised our one and only prog fair at The Valley. Such a great help when we ran the trains and made it to China too. Would make sure I was home safe in my teens, although did sneak me in the bar at Charing Cross should the train be delayed😉. Delighted for The Legendary Paul Ellis. 
    I went to that programme fair. Pretty sure he also arranged the sealed bid auction of football memorabilia around the same time. I won one of the warm up balls from England v Netherlands at Wembley in ‘93, signed by the England team.
  • Options
    Mr Slattery a legend too, placid beyond belief. Wind him up however... 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    So many 'faces' from days gone by.  
    Dennis 'is our leader'
    Andy Ballard
    The mooseheads
    And of course, Mr Rock Spectacle
    The quiz team....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So many 'faces' from days gone by.  
    Dennis 'is our leader'