Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton, Ebbsfleet now Bury (Clubs in trouble thread)

Comments

• Options
    Bolton team to play our U23s.

• Options
    Worse thing about all this is that great clubs are going out of business (admittedly for valid reasons), but they are being replaced by sh*thouse clubs like Salford. Hate it. And hate what football has become. But even so, hope Charlton beat Forest. 
  • Options
    Sounds like Bolton asked the EFL for a postponement and they refused, same as they did at the weekend apparently. However at the weekend they played, today they've just decided they've had enough. 

Doncaster will surely be awarded the game and Bolton probably don't care if they get docked more points.
  • Options
    Christ that kid on second from right (back row) needs a hair cut!!
  • Options
    I wouldnt be surprised if this steamed from the quest highlights programme on Saturday. It was mentioned on there about looking out for the wallfare of the youngsters in the team. Never seen it before.......and I wasn't stopped going to work when I left school at 16 because it was too much for me. Poor loves. 
  • Options
    They still haven’t decided the punishment from refusing to play the last game of last season. 
  • Options
    They still haven’t decided the punishment from refusing to play the last game of last season. 
    Give them a chance, they've only just reached August 8th in the backlog
  • Options
    I'm baffled they still haven't done anything about that. If had been playing a team in a desperate promotion or relegation battle, that could have causes the league chaos
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I wouldnt be surprised if this steamed from the quest highlights programme on Saturday. It was mentioned on there about looking out for the wallfare of the youngsters in the team. Never seen it before.......and I wasn't stopped going to work when I left school at 16 because it was too much for me. Poor loves. 
    Very true. When i was 16/17 i remember playing football every single day at school, at break, lunch, during PE, school match one evening, club training on saturday, club match sunday.

Obviously it's a much much higher level but you can't tell me that 16-17 year olds can't play 3 games in a week.
  • Options
    I'm baffled they still haven't done anything about that. If had been playing a team in a desperate promotion or relegation battle, that could have causes the league chaos
    Its a shame that wasnt the case... I guess because it wasnt they dont care and wont make a decision
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also baffling because it's an easy decision. Bolton already started on -12, they are going down anyway, might now lose more points for tomorrow nights game, just give them -3 for the game last season and be done with it.
  • Options
    This is dreadful, Bury, who I have every sympathy with for the fans,are no charlton..however..Bolton are.
    Similar size, similar history..shocking. 

• Options
    Surely there must be local non league players who would bite their hand off for a game? Would they be able to register players without paying them? Even if it’s a local Sunday league side, it must be better than postponing the game.
  • Options
    Surely there must be local non league players who would bite their hand off for a game? Would they be able to register players without paying them? Even if it’s a local Sunday league side, it must be better than postponing the game.
    Hang on, I think Mendonca in Asdas is on to something.
    Why not let the supporters play for the rest of the season ?
    They're going down in any case.
  • Options
    Its a shame that wasnt the case... I guess because it wasnt they dont care and wont make a decision
    Well, they HAVE to make a decision, dont they....? What's the point of having rules if you aren't going to follow them. Just because it was the last game of the season & didn't mean anything doesnt mean they can just conveniently forget about it.

EFL  = not fit for purpose.
  • Options
    seeing as Bury effectively stole a promotion place last season, if the do go bust will they promote a league 2 team?
  • Options
    Very true. When i was 16/17 i remember playing football every single day at school, at break, lunch, during PE, school match one evening, club training on saturday, club match sunday.

Obviously it's a much much higher level but you can't tell me that 16-17 year olds can't play 3 games in a week.
    You were playing against fully grown/developed athletes at 16/17?  That's impressive!

Little tip, when you find yourself agreeing with golfie, there's a good chance you've got it wrong!
    I would imagine it’s the mental well being of sons of the youngsters that’s a concern, as well as the physical side of it.
  • Options
    With Bury it's crazy how the EFL let it get this far.

All these deadlines they're now imposing should've been in place before the season started. Proof of funds by end of July or you're out. 

Everyone knows that Dale hasn't got the money so not sure why we're still in the situation of calling games off week by week.
  • Options
    With Bury it's crazy how the EFL let it get this far.

All these deadlines they're now imposing should've been in place before the season started. Proof of funds by end of July or you're out. 

Everyone knows that Dale hasn't got the money so not sure why we're still in the situation of calling games off week by week.
    They're taking the Brexiter approach.  Keep putting things off till the last minute and kidding yourself everything will be fine despite warnings to the contrary and care not a jot how it affects everyone else
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Skip to main contentSkip to site footer
    General

EFL Statement: Bury FC update

Just now

Bury FC’s scheduled League One fixture with Tranmere Rovers on Saturday 24 August has been suspended as further clarity remains outstanding in relation to a number of the Club’s financial obligations.

In addition, Sheffield Wednesday have been awarded the Carabao Cup Round One tie scheduled to be played against Bury and will progress to Round Two, where they will play away at Rotherham United on Wednesday 28 August.

The EFL Board continues to be frustrated at the lack of significant progress that has been made by Mr Dale in providing the information required. However, we will continue to work with the current ownership in an attempt to achieve a resolution ahead of the Notice of Withdrawal deadline of Friday 23 August.

It remains in regular communication with Mr Dale but if a solution is not found by the deadline, the Board will authorise the necessary share transfer on behalf of Bury FC which shall be legally binding on all parties and result, regretfully, in the Club no longer being a member of the League.

Should this happen, Bury’s record from the 2019/20 season would be expunged with League One consisting of 23 Clubs for the remainder of the campaign and the number of relegation places reduced to three at the conclusion of 2019/20 season. Four promotion places would remain from League Two ensuring a full complement of 24 teams in League One in 2020/21.

Bury would then be free to make an application to the Football Association to re-join league competition further down the English football pyramid from season 2020/21.

• Options

Skip to main contentSkip to site footer
    General

EFL Statement: Bury FC update

Just now

Bury FC’s scheduled League One fixture with Tranmere Rovers on Saturday 24 August has been suspended as further clarity remains outstanding in relation to a number of the Club’s financial obligations.

In addition, Sheffield Wednesday have been awarded the Carabao Cup Round One tie scheduled to be played against Bury and will progress to Round Two, where they will play away at Rotherham United on Wednesday 28 August.

The EFL Board continues to be frustrated at the lack of significant progress that has been made by Mr Dale in providing the information required. However, we will continue to work with the current ownership in an attempt to achieve a resolution ahead of the Notice of Withdrawal deadline of Friday 23 August.

It remains in regular communication with Mr Dale but if a solution is not found by the deadline, the Board will authorise the necessary share transfer on behalf of Bury FC which shall be legally binding on all parties and result, regretfully, in the Club no longer being a member of the League.

Should this happen, Bury’s record from the 2019/20 season would be expunged with League One consisting of 23 Clubs for the remainder of the campaign and the number of relegation places reduced to three at the conclusion of 2019/20 season. Four promotion places would remain from League Two ensuring a full complement of 24 teams in League One in 2020/21.

Bury would then be free to make an application to the Football Association to re-join league competition further down the English football pyramid from season 2020/21.

Think it would be best for the EFL to do that now in terms of relegating Bury...

Just send them down to League Two and if they cant get their affairs done by next summer then they're gone
  • Options
    They’re not getting booted to League 2. If it gets to Friday with no resolution they will be starting somewhere below the National League North, assuming they can find a buyer. 

What happens to the players. Will they count as out of contract players eligible to sign and play for anyone immediately?
  • Options
    Great year to be struggling in  League One. Only 3 relegation places & Bolton favourites for 1 of them. 

• Options
    edited August 2019
    They’re not getting booted to League 2. If it gets to Friday with no resolution they will be starting somewhere below the National League North, assuming they can find a buyer. 

What happens to the players. Will they count as out of contract players eligible to sign and play for anyone immediately?
    My bad I read it that they would simply be relegated from League Two - Might even be the level below the National League North that they have to drop into

Bet there will be relieved clubs in League Two and the Conference as Bury effectively would surely take one of those relegation spots too
  • Options

My bad I read it that they would simply be relegated from League Two - Might even be the level below the National League North that they have to drop into

Bet there will be relieved clubs in League Two and the Conference as Bury effectively would surely take one of those relegation spots too
    If the National League let them in NLN, they could turn them down and Bury have to try lower and with the owner and what has happened this season who could blame the National League if they turn them down
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Apparently Dale turned down an offer from an ex-chariman yesterday, claiming that he's holding out for more money.

The EFL have completely failed the club, the town and the fans here.
    I saw this.  He really is in no position to be bargaining right now.

Real shambles how it has come to this and a shame for the players and fans involved.

That Steve Dale sounded like a right shifty bastard last week on Talksport and the fact it's hard to fine much out about him online is always worrying.