Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton, Ebbsfleet now Bury (Clubs in trouble thread)

Comments

• Options
    BDL said:
    I have no doubt that Bury will never play a game again at Gigg Lane and that there will be flats/houses/supermarket on that site in three years.
    A friend has worked with Dale, knows him wll and said this was always his game plan.
    Another example of the EFL not passing a fit and proper test themselves.
    How many clubs has this happened to in recent years though? It seems to be much harder than it was in the 80s and 90s when a number of clubs lost their grounds
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Someone will come and save them. It always happens.
    That was the reason why Bury are in this mess. They were close to going out of  business & Steve Dale came in to rescue them. The EFL said at the time that as time was of the essence then they would defer the "fit & proper" test & Steve Dale could send them the paperwork later. Seems like he never did. 

Its no point having rules if you are going to ignore them for expediency. The main ones at fault for all this are the EFL. If they had followed their own rules & regs then Dale wouldnt be in charge now. They might have gone under last year if he hadn't stepped in.....but then again someone else might have stepped in. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Every time I think it won’t happen, it does. 
  • Options
    Roland is our saviour after all!
  • Options
    Listening to that there is only one outcome to this... Bury as a Football club are dead!!

Dead and Buried. 

• Options
    edited August 2019
    In that talksport interview, Steve Dale tries to back up his claim that he has paid players by saying to Jim White "i'll get our company secretary Jill Neville to send you proof".................Neville has today since the interview aired, decided to resign.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    No they won't as Steve Dale won't do a deal
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    BDL said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Not doubting your source, but it does seem an aweful lot of money, and hassle, to buy what is in effect a reasonable sized brown field site in an old mill town.  There must be dozens of other places you could buy cheaper and with less resistance.

As I understand it there are about £8 million in outstanding loans and unpaid tax bills.  If the club go in to receivership he can't stop someone else buying it or any of the assets.

If he is doing what you suggest he isn't doing it very well. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    BDL said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Not doubting your source, but it does seem an aweful lot of money, and hassle, to buy what is in effect a reasonable sized brown field site in an old mill town.  There must be dozens of other places you could buy cheaper and with less resistance.

As I understand it there are about £8 million in outstanding loans and unpaid tax bills.  If the club go in to receivership he can't stop someone else buying it or any of the assets.

Agree unless he's sold off the ground already.

He's as bent as a nine Bob note either way.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    BDL said:
    JaShea99 said:

If that was his MO, he would have to keep the club solvent, sell the ground (to himself) sort out a ground share then develop the ground.  Only when all your ducks are in a row would you ditch the football club. Archer did the text book example of this at Brighton. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    BDL said:
    JaShea99 said:

Would have to sell the ground at full value though so wouldn't really be worthwhile.  If he sold it undervalue and stuck the club into liquidation the liquidators would simply reverse the ground sale transaction
  • Options
    Getting dicked 5-0 isn't a great way to rescue your club.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Getting dicked 5-0 isn't a great way to rescue your club. 
    N

Not really down to the kids on the pitch to save the club.

• Options
    Wow, was I wrong about my comment re the fans being part of the problem with Bury. I apologize. Was totally wrong. This owner is a real piece of work. This is some of the worst stuff I've ever read about.
  • Options
    Wow, was I wrong about my comment re the fans being part of the problem with Bury. I apologize. Was totally wrong. This owner is a real piece of work. This is some of the worst stuff I've ever read about.
    And you were wrong regards your comments about Charlton fans.
  • Options
    And you were wrong regards your comments about Charlton fans.
    Que?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bolton Wanderers have postponed Tuesday's League One match against Doncaster Rovers, amid welfare concerns for the young players in their squad.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49399958
  • Options
    clive said:
    Bolton Wanderers have postponed Tuesday's League One match against Doncaster Rovers, amid welfare concerns for the young players in their squad.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49399958
    They've got homework to be doing...
  • Options
    I presume this will be a 3 point deduction, like with Boro many years ago

Not that it will matter anyway as they're certainties for relegation
  • Options
    Obviously i have sympathy for Bolton but i don't think this is very fair on Doncaster, and personally i think the game should just be awarded to them.

You can't play a game and then just because you get thumped 5-0, decide to call off your next one. They weren't calling off games because it was detrimental to the welfare of the young players when they got a draw v Coventry. They clearly can fulfill the fixture with kids, they're just choosing not to.

Now (if they get taken over) the game will be played when they have a bunch of new signings.
    Especially as its not their first midweek game of the season (having played in the League Cup last week)
  • Options
    From the OS report on our U23s

"Euell’s youngsters will be hoping to continue their unbeaten run of form when they host Bolton Wanderers at The Valley on Tuesday, August 27th (2pm)."

How can they field an U23 team if all their kids are playing for the first team?

A minor point in the scheme of things and it doesn't really harm Charlton, although we might want some of our fringe players or new signings who need games, to play.
  • Options
    That is poor is show and suggests Bolton didn't clear it with EFL either.

Surely, the EFL would have informed another club of what was going on just as they have kept us uptodate on the Hemed transfer...... Oh, hang on.
  • Options
    That is poor is show and suggests Bolton didn't clear it with EFL either.

Surely, the EFL would have informed another club of what was going on just as they have kept us uptodate on the Hemed transfer...... Oh, hang on.
    As the replies to that tweet say

If Bolton havent communicated with Doncaster then they're surely forfeiting the game?
  • Options
    Was just about to post the same thing @Henry Irving.