Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sri Lanka Attacks

2»

Comments

• Options
    As a father of two kids and a husband I can’t even imagine being able to carry on after what Ben Nicholson has gone through. I am totally lost for words in this instance - an utterly horrific act. The world has totally gone to shit - and I am losing faith that we will ever get it back.

As others have said I just hope he can find contentment at the very least....
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    @palarsehater - please don’t start with the nonsense. Everyone is outraged at what has happened and it has been front page news everyday since (apart from the Sun today, funnily enough).

What has happened is an absolute catastrophe perpetrated by a level of evil I think people find it hard to comprehend, it shouldn’t be used for point scoring. 
    It’s not front page news of every uk paper today as I have seen the front pages of every major Uk paper today at 5.30am!, so not nonsense and I’ll post what I like ta it’s not offensive merely a point of view. 

Can wrap it up however you like but there is a difference, hence why another poster had brought it up earlier. 

I didnt say it wasn’t horrific I but I have heard more about an old building in France That an accidental fire that caused some damage. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    @palarsehater - please don’t start with the nonsense. Everyone is outraged at what has happened and it has been front page news everyday since (apart from the Sun today, funnily enough).

What has happened is an absolute catastrophe perpetrated by a level of evil I think people find it hard to comprehend, it shouldn’t be used for point scoring. 
    It’s not front page news of every uk paper today as I have seen the front pages of every major Uk paper today at 5.30am!, so not nonsense and I’ll post what I like ta it’s not offensive merely a point of view. 

Can wrap it up however you like but there is a difference, hence why another poster had brought it up earlier. 

I didnt say it wasn’t horrific I but I have heard more about an old building in France That an accidental fire that caused some damage. 

se9addick said:

An old Christian building. :-) 

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Shocking insanity again by homo Sapiens, the killing machines of this beautiful but brutal world.

RIP to the victims of this madness and IF there is a god ( Trust me there isn't) he/she can explain to the victims of genocide and terrorism, the rationale behind it.

• Options
    Its been non stop on the news, im not sure what else they can do to 'promote it'
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Very disappointing that people are now point scoring over the degree of reaction - don't people have anything better to do? If people want to justify racism in this way then that's pretty desperate.

• Options
    Sadly there will be more such atrocities. Allegedly all in the name of religion - although more likely politically motivated. However, organised religion (of ALL faiths) has been the cause of death and suffering for millennia. Shows no sign of changing.
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    Sadly there will be more such atrocities. Allegedly all in the name of religion - although more likely politically motivated. However, organised religion (of ALL faiths) has been the cause of death and suffering for millennia. Shows no sign of changing.
    Tbf if it wasn't religion people would still find other reasons to commit terrorist attacks. 
  • Options
    Doesn’t get the same level of outrage as other attack’s this thread for example has very few comments and is further down the forum - don’t know why that is. 

another explosion just now and death toll risen to 359 people, religion motivated as all over the Easter weekend and mainly Christians being attacked. 

When do do we start “ standing in solidarity with Sri Lanka “ and protecting churches etc, the difference between the way the  New Zealand and Sri Lanka attack’s have been commented and covered by our politicians and media outlets is a reason why racism still exists.

condem all these attack’s the same way as killing people in a house of sanctuary has to be the most cowardly thing possible. I know everyone and there dog is an atheist these days but for people with a religion these places are there houses of safety. 
    What are you on about? These sort of attacks happen near daily in the middle East  outside mosques and barely register in the western media let alone have threads dedicated to them.

The reason this is so high on the agenda IS because it affects white British tourists and Christians.

New Zealand got coverage for the same reason as it's in a "westernised" country regardless of the creed of the victims. 

Same as attacks in France, Germany and USA get blanket coverage whilst daily atrocities across the world outside of our bubble and not affecting westerners barely even ripple in the media.

The whole standing in solidarity and pray for bollocks has been rolled out pretty much after every attack by jihadi nutters so really don't understand the sense of injustice you're feeling.

People are probably just fatigued at trotting out the same rhetoric every time one of these atrocities occurs with relative regularity and likely wanted to enjoy their weekend rather than bicker about it make futile rants on a football message board.

There is no conspiracy or agenda here.
    Yes, I'm afraid I feel rather fatigued with all these disasters plus Brexit. Serious comment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick05 said:
    Tbf if it wasn't religion people would still find other reasons to commit terrorist attacks. 

Just out of interest other than religious, political - or perhaps pecuniary gain, what other attacks would be termed 'terrorist'? Or to paraphrase:  "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Well educated and wealthy business men brothers were two of the suicide bombers.
    Not disenfranchised losers.
    The situation in Sri Lanka is a total nightmare as these people didn't live outside the main stream of society.
  • Options
    Well educated and wealthy business men bothers were two of the suicide bombers.
    Not disenfranchised losers.
    The situation in Sri Lanka is a total nightmare as these people didn't live outside the main stream of society.
    And did I hear right that when the pregnant wife of one of them was approached by authorities she blew herself up as well as their three kids in their well to do house?

How do you even begin to start the fight against that kind of enemy?

• Options
    Ok wrong is wrong but killing hundreds of people by strapping explosives to yourself and then blowing yourself up is pure evil. How can you guard against that. I just cannot fathom what they are thinking or where they think they will be after the evil act. The world is crazy. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Doesn’t get the same level of outrage as other attack’s this thread for example has very few comments and is further down the forum - don’t know why that is. 

another explosion just now and death toll risen to 359 people, religion motivated as all over the Easter weekend and mainly Christians being attacked. 

When do do we start “ standing in solidarity with Sri Lanka “ and protecting churches etc, the difference between the way the  New Zealand and Sri Lanka attack’s have been commented and covered by our politicians and media outlets is a reason why racism still exists.

condem all these attack’s the same way as killing people in a house of sanctuary has to be the most cowardly thing possible. I know everyone and there dog is an atheist these days but for people with a religion these places are there houses of safety. 
    Attacks on mosques are a near daily occurrence around the world and the western media does not mention it anywhere. The reason the attack on New Zealand became front page news is because it’s a tourist destination for the west and so press and everyday people can link themselves to it and feel something. Much in the same way as in Sri Lanka. 

Just realised @RodneyCharltonTrotta has replied with a far better comment above. 
  • Options
    Christians are being persecuted, harried and murdered all over the world and have been for a long time. The puzzle is that unlike 'islamophobia' or 'anti-semitism', far less mainstream media attention has been paid to this particular issue. I do wonder why
    Our press has gone out of it's way to NOT actually call this an attack on Christians. Instead they are calling the victims "Easter Worshipers." Clever.
  • Options
    I see the death toll has been revised down by 100 to "about" 253.

How does that  work then?
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I see the death toll has been revised down by 100 to "about" 253.

How does that  work then?
    The power of prayer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christians are being persecuted, harried and murdered all over the world and have been for a long time. The puzzle is that unlike 'islamophobia' or 'anti-semitism', far less mainstream media attention has been paid to this particular issue. I do wonder why
    Our press has gone out of it's way to NOT actually call this an attack on Christians. Instead they are calling the victims "Easter Worshipers." Clever.
    I would have thought even the dimmest of American audiences could have deduced that Easter worship is generally observed by Christians in the main.

If the attack is on a synagogue I don't need Fox news to tell me it is targeting  Jews or bombings of mosques during Ramadan being aimed at Muslims.

Really don't see what the agenda here is that some are desperate to find.

The catholic church has been plagued by and covered up institutionalised noncing for decades and yet still gets held up with great revere....hardly symptomatic of a religion vulnerable to attack from all quarters.

Yes fundamentalist Islamic jihadist are targeting Christians, but they are also targeting Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, atheist and, predominantly by a significant majority in the middle east other Muslims.....basically pretty much anyone who doesn't adhere to their warped ideology.

This victim seeking status and sense of unfairness is trite. 

Unity against these lunatics is what is required...not further division.

• Options
    Still the lead story on BBC news for those claiming it's not getting coverage - won't suit their conspiracy theory.

A real tragedy for the country. My heart goes out to the two fathers, Matthew Linsey and Ben Nicholson, who suffered such tragic losses.