Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Easter Sunday Grub

Comments

• Options
    BBQ
    Had our first BBQ of the season. With the weather as it was who wants a bloody roast dinner? 
  • Options
    Other meat / veggie roast
    Mom went all out. Prime rib, twice baked potatoes, steamed asparagus and dinner rolls. A wonderful way to send me back to school!
  • Options
    Potato waffles, fried eggs and beans. Three bottles of Merlot. 
  • Options
    Something else - home cooked (what?)
    Pringle said:
    Potato waffles, fried eggs and beans. Three bottles of Merlot. 

I’m no snob - but it really should have been a crisp white with that mate. 
  • Options
    BBQ

BBQ

Roast dinner is the most overrated meal ever....(Christmas dinner aside)

• Options
    Something else - takeaway (what?)
    I had a softshell crab burger from the burger shack in the garden of The Station pub in Hither Green. It was reasonably nice but I was disgusted, despite the fact that I wasn't paying the bill, that it cost £15, didn't come with chips, and you had to pay £4.50 if you wanted curly fries. So £19.50 for burger and chips - when did that become okay.

Other than that, I spent the day consuming Easter Guinness, followed by Easter rum, in better pubs than The Station. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    I had a softshell crab burger from the burger shack in the garden of The Station pub in Hither Green. It was reasonably nice but I was disgusted, despite the fact that I wasn't paying the bill, that it cost £15, didn't come with chips, and you had to pay £4.50 if you wanted curly fries. So £19.50 for burger and chips - when did that become okay.

Other than that, I spent the day consuming Easter Guinness, followed by Easter rum, in better pubs than The Station. 
    What is it with you and stations
  • Options
    Homemade veggie curry, with homemade dahl and garlic naan.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    MrLargo said:

What is it with you and stations
    Proper Charlton mate, I take personal responsibility for protecting our domain. Good job I do as well - on returning to Hither Green station, I noticed that the Holmesdale Helmets, or whatever they're called, had left a sticker on one of the platform signs - "Palace til I die" or some such nonsense.

Getting to Cup Finals, not getting relegated from the Premier League, winning at Man City and Arsenal - I can take all of that on the chin. However, if you start taking liberties on Network Rail property - be that railway stations or rolling stock - then you are therefore messing with me and messing with my entire family.
  • Options
    Lamb Roast
    Father in law did a Roast lamb which had been planned for a while. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Other meat/Veggie roast. 
    Bought a chicken for the inlaws, we had a vegan nut roast with cheese :)  followed by home made apple pie - yummy
  • Options
    Marks & Sparks sausage roll, very nice.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Lamb & Beef Roast, Jersey Royals (bloody wonderful), yorkshire puddings, carrots, greens, runner beans, mashed turnip, gravy.

Home made banoffee pie, trifle and fresh fruit salad with lashings of cream.

Two pints of Hobgoblin
    A bit peckish dear boy?
  • Options
    was astounded going past a McDonalds yesterday lunchtime and seeing how busy it was.

If you had something outside a traditional roast yesterday, share with us what it was
    Will give McDonald's a go 👍
  • Options
    Lamb Roast
    tomorrow it’s roast leg of lamb with traditional bits and pieces.
  • Options
    Oh apologies.... this is not live 😳

Think the poll may be over by now SHG 🤫
  • Options
    Lamb Roast
    Pork on me jacks
  • Options
    Lamb is too expensive, so we just have plain old chicken tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I’m having cold baked beans out of a can, down in the basement bunker, surrounded by my 376 packs of toilet paper.
  • Options
    Got a leg of lamb in Asda the other day. Feeds at least 3, probably 4 for £11. You're a proper tight arse. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I met a couple at the farm shop yesterday (at a suitable distance, of course) who claimed that they never cooked. They admitted that they were fed up with takeaway curries and had decided to buy some meat (something they clearly weren’t used to). You’re supposed to pre-order at our farm shop at the moment and the staff bring it out to your car.  They had a recipe book in the car and were working what quantities to buy. Extraordinary.
  • Options
    Tesco half price £6 a kilo
  • Options
    Mums roasting a turkey sister is doing the chocolate and raspberry pavlovas, and they’re leaving them by our gate.
    Unfortunately we can’t all be together, but hey ho.
    Theres plenty more Easter Sunday meals to come.
  • Options
    Lamb Roast
    Lamb, traditional. Plus had a bbq the last couple of nights.
  • Options
    BBQ
    CafcSCP said:
    Mums roasting a turkey sister is doing the chocolate and raspberry pavlovas, and they’re leaving them by our gate.
    Unfortunately we can’t all be together, but hey ho.
    Theres plenty more Easter Sunday meals to come.
    I know it’s a bit lonely at the moment but pretending a Turkey is your sister is a bit much! 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Lamb Roast
    I'm roasting a pork belly. Come up with my own recipie/method having taken inspiration from about 4 different online recipes. Gonna braise the pork belly skin side down before slow roasting with fennel, white onion and apple to hopefully give the perfect crackling and the soft melt in your mouth pork. Cooking with fennel for the first time.

Very excited.

Edit. My vote for lamb roast was from last year. Couldn't get a lamb anywhere in our local shops last week.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Lamb, traditional. Plus had a bbq the last couple of nights.
    ditto - really enjoyed last couple of days in the garden - the upside of this lockdown is you feel much more comfortable lazing about in the garden as there's bugger all else to do
  • Options
    Lamb Roast
    Normally lamb for Easter but I am doing a roast pork shoulder today. 

I normally cook a roast most Sunday’s so will be a bit more normal apart from having the footy on the tele in the kitchen as I do it. 

Happy Easter to all I hope what ever you are doing today you are safe and well. 

• Options
    Normally lamb for Easter but I am doing a roast pork shoulder today. 

I normally cook a roast most Sunday’s so will be a bit more normal apart from having the footy on the tele in the kitchen as I do it. 

Happy Easter to all I hope what ever you are doing today you are safe and well. 

Same to you Fanny Craddock.
  • Options
    Chicken fillets for me, seeing as my Mrs and me are key workers, she is staying in our other house Nr Reading and I am in our other Near Basingstoke... I am back in tomorrow, so this afternoon its Fillets a few wheat beers, and then a good kip.