Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Scunthorpe - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Bauer looks much better alongside Sarr. This partnership shouldn’t be broken up.
    This.

And a proper, left-footed chap in the no 3 position.

It's amazing what a bit of balance at the back does to a team.
  • Options
    38’ CHARLTON ATHLETIC 1-0 IRON: Novak’s persistence forces an error from the Charlton backline. He’s fouled but the advantage is played with Hammill driving forward. His 18-yard effort is across goal and wide. #UTI
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    38’ CHARLTON ATHLETIC 1-0 IRON: Novak’s persistence forces an error from the Charlton backline. He’s fouled but the advantage is played with Hammill driving forward. His 18-yard effort is across goal and wide. #UTI
    Phillips and Sarr both taking to long. Like to think that ball would’ve been long gone in a bigger game. 
  • Options
    Ben Purr, making a late run into the box, heads wide.

Good job, he was defending at the time ...
  • Options
    Superb defensive work by Purrington after counter attack by Scunny.
  • Options
    40’ CHARLTON ATHLETIC 1-0 IRON: The Iron win the ball back and break in numbers with Morris. He spots Ojo in the box and pings a ball across, only for the tracking defender to head wide for a corner. #UTI
  • Options
    41’ CHARLTON ATHLETIC 1-0 IRON: Morris’ delivery is a good one, Perch receives a whack and stays down, but a free-kick to Charlton is given. #UTI
  • Options
    Iron are still in this. We leave them lots of options in midfield. 
  • Options
    41' Another drinks break as Perch receives treatment. #cafc 1 #iron 0
  • Options
    I know I like to say this, but Reeves has been superb. Maybe he really can't play with Williams 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Posted at43'

Foul by Anfernee Dijksteel (Charlton Athletic).

Posted at43'

Josh Morris (Scunthorpe United) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    ross1 said:
    ross1 said:
    Barnsley 3-0
    They're not giving up 2nd spot in a hurry.
    On a good unbeaten run, over 20
    They lost at Burton about 3 weeks ago
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I don't mean we're not getting to Wembley. I mean that by the end of the next four games we may have a new first-choice right back.Briston_Addick said:
    Leuth said:
    I don't mean we're not getting to Wembley. I mean that by the end of the next four games we may have a new first-choice right-back 
    A goal-scoring right-back. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I know I like to say this, but Reeves has been superb. Maybe he really can't play with Williams 
    I agree it's one or the other for me.
  • Options
    Dhillon save.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    ross1 said:
    Barnsley 3-0
    They're not giving up 2nd spot in a hurry.
    On a good unbeaten run, over 20
    They lost at Burton about 3 weeks ago
    Sorry, I should ignore SSN
  • Options
    Great save Dillon!

Firm drive to his near post, head height, pushed it behind for a corner.

Nothing happened after that.

44' 1-0
  • Options
    44' Great save from Phillips to deny Thomas at his near post as Scunthorpe sneak in round the back of the defence. #cafc 1 #iron 0
  • Options
    Jeez, 4 mins added ...
  • Options
    44’ CHARLTON ATHLETIC 1-0 IRON: Chance for the Iron as CBJ sidesteps his man. The ball is threaded to Hammill who finds Thomas inside the area. His powerful effort is saved. Corner Iron. #UTI
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    POsh and Sunderland 0-0 HT
  • Options
    Charlton corner.

Iron Willy overhit his cross into the box, keeper had to turn it over.
  • Options
    Posted at44'

Attempt saved. George Thomas (Scunthorpe United) left footed shot from the left side of the box is saved in the top right corner.

• Options
    One corner leads to another on the opposite flank ...
  • Options
    45+1' Four minutes added... #cafc 1 #iron 0
  • Options
    45+1 Close! Dijksteel's teasing cross nearly sneaks into the top corner, forcing Alnwick to tip over. #cafc 1 #iron 0
  • Options
    45+3’ CHARLTON ATHLETIC 1-0 IRON: Big chance for the Iron as Lewis plays Hammill down the left. His cross is deep to Novak, who knocks the ball down to Ojo, but the Belgian fires wide from six yards. #UTI
  • Options
    Oh dear.

That's why Scunny are going down.

Ball payed back to striker, middle of goal, about 8 yards out, smashed it wide.

How wide? I probably live closer ...
  • Options
    How the F did they miss that?!
  • Options
    This midfield absolutely shocking defensively. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!