Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Scunthorpe - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    How did he not hit the target 
  • Options
    45+3 Let-off for the Addicks. Novak knocks a header down for the unmarked Ojo who fluffs his lines and scuffs wide from 12 yards. #cafc 1 #iron 0
  • Options
    HT whistle blown, Addicks 1 up.
  • Options
    HALF-TIME | Charlton 1 Scunthorpe United 0 Dijksteel's first for the club is the difference at the break. #cafc

• Options
    Half time smokers wont be happy 4 stewards standing in north upper bogs
  • Options
    Not play off form I'm afraid. 
  • Options
    You’re not the brightest are you?
  • Options
    Half time smokers wont be happy 4 stewards standing in north upper bogs
    Gits took my bottle lid on the way in too. Fun sponges.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    True enough but we won't beat Donny playing like that. 
  • Options
    Play offs haven't started yet Mr grumpy.

• Options
    According to BBC, both teams have had 6 shots, we have had 1 on target, they have had 3. I hope we can do better in second half
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Lucky that’s not the team that’ll be playing then isn’t it. 
  • Options
    Bielik will be in for Morgan at the very least, which completely changes us as a defensive unit 
  • Options
    Well, boys and girls, wasn't that a great half of football?

This has "end of season" written all over it, which is surprising considering both teams have a lot left to play for.

Albie's shown some good touches in the middle, Dijksteel has pushed forward nicely down the right and took his goal very well, Ben Purr has added balance at the back.

It's not been a vintage half of footy but we're one-up.

With Barnsley going goal-crazy at Plymouth and Pompey coming from behind against Posh earlier today's result probably won't have any impact on our final league position but a win will be good to get the confidence going again.

Another goal or two in the second half and a clean sheet please!

Lord Bowyer's Red And White Army!
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Lucky that’s not the team that’ll be playing then isn’t it. 
    Thank you Mystic Meg
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I doubt Donny are going to beat whoever is in third place 
  • Options
    Not sure what anyone else thinks but I'm really hoping Sunderland can win today and finish 2nd or 3rd.
    If they finish 4th we we have to play either on a Thursday or Friday 2nd leg at the stadium of light .
    Really don't want that. 
  • Options
    Look drained. Started well but faded. Need a second goal 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This has "end of season" written all over it, which is surprising considering both teams have a lot left to play for.

Albie's shown some good touches in the middle, Dijksteel has pushed forward nicely down the right and took his goal very well, Ben Purr has added balance at the back.

With Barnsley going goal-crazy at Plymouth and Pompey coming from behind against Posh earlier today's result probably won't have any impact on our final league position but a win will be good to get the confidence going again.

Coventry, Posh are playing Sunderland, but thank you for the updates Briston
  • Options
    Lucky to be in front at h/t. Started well and Morgan was unlucky not to score, but since the goal (well deserved by a confident Dijksteel) we sat back and looked poor. Naby's error almost gave them an equaliser then we got caught on the break then more errors almost gifted them a goal. Other teams will not be so profligate. A second would kill the game and allow them to relax but Igor did his left hammy early on and Lyle is doing more arguing than running. Reeves and Cullen look good so lets hope they can control it from here.
  • Options
    My point is that wasn't very good and someone needs to explain what massive contribution Igor makes that Parker doesn't.

• Options
    1947 was the last season we scored from a corner. 
    One of the highest percentages in the league in terms of goals from set pieces....
  • Options
    Been the better side in my view but Scunny had a few good chances. 

We're in this strange period where we cant get 2nd spot but will definitely be in the playoffs. I have no doubt that in the playoffs we'd raise our game.
  • Options
    At the game, bit of a non event for the first 45. Well taken goal by young AD, quality pass from LT. Rest has beenab bit flat, mind you it's bloody hot. Hopefully 2nd half will be better, not the quick pushing game we played against Luton, but we are in the lead so must grumble too much.

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    One of the highest percentages in the league in terms of goals from set pieces....
    In 1947. Thank you. Exactly my point.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Coventry, Posh are playing Sunderland, but thank you for the updates Briston
    I knew I'd seen Posh in an important match somewhere!

Bugger it, can't be arsed to edit ...
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    In 1947. Thank you. Exactly my point.
    Not that I condone the use of illegal substances but every now and then you should consider taking a couple of EEs.
  • Options
    Almost a Crossbar Challenge winner.

Hit the woodwork, unfortunately it was the left post about 2 foot from the top.

Still, better than some if the crap attempts we've seen this season.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!