Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds vs Aston Villa Controversy

Comments

• Options
    Bamford should face a season long ban - cheating twat.
  • Options
    3 games will suffice. Enough to ensure he misses the play offs.
  • Options
    Unsporting behaviour normally results in a free kick / yellow card.

If a player says "mine" to fool an opposition player into leaving the ball, the ref awards a free kick and maybe gives a booking if it is premeditated

This was a similar situation. The ref should simply have blown up and warned the Leeds player. Probably didn't even warrant a booking. He had hardly been plotting this since halftime!

• Options
    edited April 2019
    You have to think that football would be far better for everyone if the football authorities, managers and players adopted he same attitude to the laws of the game and respect of officials that happens in Rugby. The free for all attitude and mobbing of  officials where little or no respect is shown is the problem. 
  • Options
    Would be back for the final if Leeds get there though. Doesn't deserve to play in them. 
  • Options
    You have to think that football would be far better for everyone if the football authorities, managers and players adopted he same attitude to the laws of the game and respect of officials that happens in Rugby. The free for all attitude and mobbing of  officials where little or no respect is shown is the problem. 

They are beyond reproach - hard men but always fair.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodgate

(admittedly, there approach to the referee has some merit)

• Options
    Would be back for the final if Leeds get there though. Doesn't deserve to play in them. 
    Quite right. It should be 4 games.
  • Options
    Or send him back to Palace on loan for a couple of seasons, that'll learn him.
  • Options
    Unsporting behaviour normally results in a free kick / yellow card.

If a player says "mine" to fool an opposition player into leaving the ball, the ref awards a free kick and maybe gives a booking if it is premeditated

This was a similar situation. The ref should simply have blown up and warned the Leeds player. Probably didn't even warrant a booking. He had hardly been plotting this since halftime!

Not a similar situation. The ref has (a) decided there is no foul and (b) the injury is not pereceived by the ref to be serious enough to stop the game. There is no case for unsporting behaviour as the player is playing to the whistle, or in this case no whistle. The issue here is one a moral issue, not a transgression of the laws of the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nice sentiment .. unfortunately, professional rugby is starting to experience the same problem of players disputing referee's decisions and showing a general lack of respect to officials and opposition staff and players .. still  nowhere so bad as football though, mainly because rugby referees are far less tolerant than their football oppos.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I heard a LOT of money was bet on who would score the next goal when it became clear Leeds would let Villa score! 
    If this fact or fiction @bobmunro ?

I would've thought the sharp guys in the betting world would have suspended the next goal scorer before the villa player put the ball in the net.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I heard a LOT of money was bet on who would score the next goal when it became clear Leeds would let Villa score! 

I would've thought the sharp guys in the betting world would have suspended the next goal scorer before the villa player put the ball in the net.

Yes, betting on the match would have been suspended as soon as it was evident that Villa would be gifted a goal.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

Yes, betting on the match would have been suspended as soon as it was evident that Villa would be gifted a goal.
    How do the bookies immediately know what is happening at every event they have an interest in? 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

How do the bookies immediately know what is happening at every event they have an interest in? 
    in this case Bielsa shouting  'let them score' would have been a definite clue ((:>)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

in this case Bielsa shouting  'let them score' would have been a definite clue ((:>)
    It was at this time, @PeanutsMolloy algorithm suggested betting on Bamford being the next goals scorer B) .
  • Options
    Kicking the ball into touch is only for head injuries, it is now happening for many injuries, and has got silly.
    We should have more of this occurring then maybe the players will stop this crap, play to the whistle.
    BUT as its Leeds they should be relegated to the conference.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

They don't, well not every event - but it was aided somewhat by this one being live on TV so being traded 'live'. A click of a button suspends the game.

• Options
    Goal in my opinion, play to the whistle, refs decision to carry on. 

Bollox that ensued is down to namby pamby modern day twats playing the game. 
    Would agree if the bloke hadn't faked to kick the ball out and then played his team mate in down the wing. That was the difference in this situation, otherwise I'd agree with you.
    See, that was the clever bit for me :)

Think on your feet mate. 

Exactly sort of thing Johhny Robinson would have done. 
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Kicking the ball into touch is only for head injuries, it is now happening for many injuries, and has got silly.
    We should have more of this occurring then maybe the players will stop this crap, play to the whistle.
    BUT as its Leeds they should be relegated to the conference.
    Correct the Villa fella fouled the leeds player and came of worse so decided to lay down a bit is where its going wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sheff utd were going up anyway so all the leeds fans sobbing it would not of made a bit of difference
  • Options
    It was a good call from their manager to give back the goal as it didn't matter and it would have been a distraction going into the play offs. Having said that, it should be up to the referee to decide when to stop play and what is more disgraceful for me is that players play act to stop play on a regular basis. It is something that is done for player safety and the fact they abuse this is ridiculous but predictable.

I thought the Leeds player was considering kicking it out then decided not to. He wasn't being sneaky and the Villa players should have played to the whistle.
  • Options
    I personally always thought the rules were clear.....the ref stops play if there is (or he thinks there is) a head injury.

The Villa player had gone down after an innocuous challenge that wasn't a foul holding his leg, so why on earth would the ref stop play for that?

Play on you mugs.
  • Options
    What'll be interesting is how Villa react to a Leeds player going down injured if they meet in the Play-Off Final

Its set a dangerous precedent now because I imagine that Leeds fans / players will go crazy if one of theirs goes down (play acting or not) and Villa dont kick it out of play
  • Options
    I personally always thought the rules were clear.....the ref stops play if there is (or he thinks there is) a head injury.

The Villa player had gone down after an innocuous challenge that wasn't a foul holding his leg, so why on earth would the ref stop play for that?

Play on you mugs.
    The referee MUST stop play for a head i jury and CAN stop play for any other injury he perceives to be serious.
  • Options
    What'll be interesting is how Villa react to a Leeds player going down injured if they meet in the Play-Off Final

Its set a dangerous precedent now because I imagine that Leeds fans / players will go crazy if one of theirs goes down (play acting or not) and Villa dont kick it out of play
    I would imagine and hope that the referee visits both dressing rooms before the game and tells both sets of players that they should play to his whistle and don’t get involved with decisions they have no right to be involved with. 
  • Options
    Not sure how the ref can really enforce this. 

If a player injures himself or sees another player (or even someone in the crowd!) in pain and in need of help he will kick the ball out of play. It's just human nature and decency.

Gaining an advantage by pretending to do this is unsporting and should result in a free kick or a booking!
  • Options
    Not sure how the ref can really enforce this. 

If a player injures himself or sees another player (or even someone in the crowd!) in pain and in need of help he will kick the ball out of play. It's just human nature and decency.

Gaining an advantage by pretending to do this is unsporting and should result in a free kick or a booking!
    Book him for time wasting. 
  • Options
    Change it so that players are firstly treated by a Physio independent from the clubs

If the Physio treating the injury sees it as a genuine problem then the club physio can come on and help out

If there is clearly nothing wrong the player then they're booked