Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds vs Aston Villa Controversy

13»

Comments

• Options
    It should be like rugby. Let the physio on while the game is going on. If the ball is heading near to the injured player then the ref can stop the game. 
  • Options
    It should be like rugby. Let the physio on while the game is going on. If the ball is heading near to the injured player then the ref can stop the game. 
    Makes it awkward for a forward trying to find space near the injury but knows the game will be stopped if anyone passes to him. Defenders aiming the ball towards the injury as an outlet to stop play?

The game would definitely not just carry on in the normal way!
  • Options
    Although everyone is at a bit of love in with villa - diving and play acting is unfortunately now part of the modern game - jack grealish has been more like tom Daley this season 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    My favorite scene was Bielsa and his staff having a go at John Terry seemingly telling him to shut his hole. The way Bielsa has taken on the Championship and England's "Golden Generation" has been so satisfying. 
  • Options
    I personally always thought the rules were clear.....the ref stops play if there is (or he thinks there is) a head injury.

The Villa player had gone down after an innocuous challenge that wasn't a foul holding his leg, so why on earth would the ref stop play for that?

Play on you mugs.
    Whilst I agree that play should have continued, it was clear that both teams had pretty much stopped playing.  It seemed that the ball was going to be put out of play, and one would assume it had been communicated that it was going to be put out of play, therefore the Villa defenders had switched off.  If play had continued at its normal pace it is highly unlikely that the defenders would have been caught out like that.  

I therefore think that Leeds were in the wrong and I am glad that the manager made them put it right.  
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:
    I personally always thought the rules were clear.....the ref stops play if there is (or he thinks there is) a head injury.

The Villa player had gone down after an innocuous challenge that wasn't a foul holding his leg, so why on earth would the ref stop play for that?

Play on you mugs.
    Whilst I agree that play should have continued, it was clear that both teams had pretty much stopped playing.  It seemed that the ball was going to be put out of play, and one would assume it had been communicated that it was going to be put out of play, therefore the Villa defenders had switched off.  If play had continued at its normal pace it is highly unlikely that the defenders would have been caught out like that.  

I therefore think that Leeds were in the wrong and I am glad that the manager made them put it right.  
    Both teams were wrong. Play to the whistle. Simples. 
  • Options
    One of the basic rules of whistle. Play to the whistle. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I heard a LOT of money was bet on who would score the next goal when it became clear Leeds would let Villa score! 
    If this fact or fiction @bobmunro ?

I would've thought the sharp guys in the betting world would have suspended the next goal scorer before the villa player put the ball in the net.

Yes, betting on the match would have been suspended as soon as it was evident that Villa would be gifted a goal.
    How do the bookies immediately know what is happening at every event they have an interest in? 

They don't, well not every event - but it was aided somewhat by this one being live on TV so being traded 'live'. A click of a button suspends the game.

Bob, I find it most peculiar that bet365 home page's first offerings are football matches in the like of Armenia, Ethiopia, Iran.

Why is this and how on earth would bet365 know what is happening in these games (not talking about goals as is probably computer fed) ?

https://www.bet365.com/#/HO/
  • Options
    Although everyone is at a bit of love in with villa - diving and play acting is unfortunately now part of the modern game - jack grealish has been more like tom Daley this season 
    I've seen more of Villa than Charlton this season and this you've got that totally wrong, he gets hacked to bits almost every game.
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

Play on you mugs.

Both teams were wrong. Play to the whistle. Simples. 
    Or do what I've said is the daft thing about it all & just go down holding your head. Play then gets stopped.

Simples. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I heard a LOT of money was bet on who would score the next goal when it became clear Leeds would let Villa score! 

I would've thought the sharp guys in the betting world would have suspended the next goal scorer before the villa player put the ball in the net.

Yes, betting on the match would have been suspended as soon as it was evident that Villa would be gifted a goal.
    How do the bookies immediately know what is happening at every event they have an interest in? 

They don't, well not every event - but it was aided somewhat by this one being live on TV so being traded 'live'. A click of a button suspends the game.

Bob, I find it most peculiar that bet365 home page's first offerings are football matches in the like of Armenia, Ethiopia, Iran.

Why is this and how on earth would bet365 know what is happening in these games (not talking about goals as is probably computer fed) ?

We have ways!!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportradar
  • Options
    El Ghazi red card rescinded 

Bamford charged with deceiving an official, 2 game ban if he accepts the charge.
    He's be a muppet to try and defend himself
  • Options
    Only misses 1st leg of the playoffs. Should have banned him for 4 games
  • Options
    El Ghazi red card rescinded 

Bamford charged with deceiving an official, 2 game ban if he accepts the charge.
    He's be a muppet to try and defend himself
    He was a muppet to do it 
  • Options
    here's a memory jogger of other 'not cricket' football  moments

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48095238