Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket office

Comments

• Options
    Belv said:
    SW will be selling tickets for the opening game tomorrow morning.
    https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/ticket-news-charlton-v-wednesday/
  • Options
    Pico said:
    Oxford ticket office just told me they are sending first allocation of tickets to Charlton in next 24 hours and they should be on sale early next week
    Bloody hope so I've got a train ticket.
  • Options
    Been so long since I’ve had to think about away match/train tickets - feels like a bit of normality returning. 
  • Options
    Pico said:
    Oxford ticket office just told me they are sending first allocation of tickets to Charlton in next 24 hours and they should be on sale early next week
    Bloody hope so I've got a train ticket.
    I've got 580 loyalty points  ;)
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    If you think the ticket office is hard to get hold of I have booked some hospitality for the SW game and have been calling the Commercial Department for 2 days now trying to book parking but never any answer lol
    The hospitality and commercial office sounds a joke at the moment. No one has a clue what’s going on by the sounds of it. Looks like they’ve announced this Club 1905 rebrand without fully thinking it through or caring about the existing fans that have had season tickets in there for decades. Not my direct experience, but those that I know. 
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday fans already buying tickets in the home end as general sale doesn’t come into play until 2 days before the game 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    If you think the ticket office is hard to get hold of I have booked some hospitality for the SW game and have been calling the Commercial Department for 2 days now trying to book parking but never any answer lol
    The hospitality and commercial office sounds a joke at the moment. No one has a clue what’s going on by the sounds of it. Looks like they’ve announced this Club 1905 rebrand without fully thinking it through or caring about the existing fans that have had season tickets in there for decades. Not my direct experience, but those that I know. 
    What's this, I've not heard of Club 1905?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    AndyG said:
    Rebranded Millennium Lounge. Except now it’s the same as the Keith Peacock suite, three course meal etc. Not sure if it’s available season long like the Millennium Lounge was or what the plan is with existing Millennium Lounge season ticket holders who aren’t interested in that option. Kick them all out and stick them in the Vista Lounge I expect.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61028a4eaf16f/hospitality-introducing-club-1905
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A week tomorrow & still no news of matchday arrangements for the "average" supporter in the Fans' Bar/Crossbars ....
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    A week tomorrow & still no news of matchday arrangements for the "average" supporter in the Fans' Bar/Crossbars ....
    I emailed on Wednesday about hospitality and got a reply with prices in 5 mins. Emailed back asking about crossbars and have heard nothing since. I guess I only matter if I want to spent £150 for a meal and a seat with the suits. 
  • Options
    A common theme. New shiny customers only please. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Followed it up, got sent the £150 seat prices again within 5 mins. Replied asking for the crossbars info again and have heard nothing lol 

Edit: crossbars opens at 3pm on 7th 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Followed it up, got sent the £150 seat prices again within 5 mins. Replied asking for the crossbars info again and have heard nothing lol 

But is it first come, first served as usual ? 

I was hoping that the club would find another space to supplement the inevitable overspill.

It's not only hospitality packages that make money IMO & it's about time more fans ( especially season ticket holders who put their money where their mouths are season after season) had somewhere to meet their groups and to enjoy a drink & food sitting down. 

I wonder whether the club has decided to stick with the status quo and avoid addressing what is a huge problem for many. 

After all, surely a decent matchday experience doesn't just start on the pitch....

• Options
    shine166 said:

I was hoping that the club would find another space to supplement the inevitable overspill.

It's not only hospitality packages that make money IMO & it's about time more fans ( especially season ticket holders who put their money where their mouths are season after season) had somewhere to meet their groups and to enjoy a drink & food sitting down. 

I wonder whether the club has decided to stick with the status quo and avoid addressing what is a huge problem for many. 

After all, surely a decent matchday experience doesn't just start on the pitch....

Yeah first come first serve, which tbh is the fairest way. They can't be expected to stay half empty just because tables are booked. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Yeah first come first serve, which tbh is the fairest way. They can't be expected to stay half empty just because tables are booked. 
    TBF, that wasn't what I was suggesting, thank you. 

If you don't have a disability or are an aged fan, then you clearly won't appreciate where I'm coming from. 

It would help too if children's pre match parties weren't taking up some of the precious space in that lounge. 

Maybe there could be a brief meet & greet with a couple of players before they have their celebration in A N Other area inside The Valley ? 

There are solutions which would help solve the problem but maybe no-one cares....especially if they live locally, are able bodied & don't mind drinking outside one of the diminishing in number hostelries in the area...
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/cafchospitality/status/1421124484631830533?s=21

Getting some answers from Jo here gradually. She’s answered a few other fans too. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Getting some answers from Jo here gradually. She’s answered a few other fans too. 
    Surely the access to the (former) Vista Lounge is from the upper west, whereas Millennium was previously used by people seated in the lower west?
    So if you swap them over you create an access issue?

• Options
    edited July 2021

Surely the access to the (former) Vista Lounge is from the upper west, whereas Millennium was previously used by people seated in the lower west?
    So if you swap them over you create an access issue?

Honestly don’t know. All seems quite vague in the details at the moment 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    AndyG said:
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61028a4eaf16f/hospitality-introducing-club-1905
    Bargain of the century 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

As explained in Club 1905 announcement there are still restrictions for COVID-19 affecting the hospitality offers.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

If you don't have a disability or are an aged fan, then you clearly won't appreciate where I'm coming from. 

It would help too if children's pre match parties weren't taking up some of the precious space in that lounge. 

Maybe there could be a brief meet & greet with a couple of players before they have their celebration in A N Other area inside The Valley ? 

There are solutions which would help solve the problem but maybe no-one cares....especially if they live locally, are able bodied & don't mind drinking outside one of the diminishing in number hostelries in the area...
    Old or disabled people are also welcome to be there at 3pm when it opens. Admittedly I am able-bodied, but travel in from 2 hours away so also appreciate the hospitality that crossbars offers. 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    shine166 said:

As explained in Club 1905 announcement there are still restrictions for COVID-19 affecting the hospitality offers.
    The announcement itself is pretty vague, lacks detail and answers to obvious questions.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

The announcement itself is pretty vague, lacks detail and answers to obvious questions.
    It will depend on whether the August 19th date holds and restrictions come off.
  • Options

Tickets

- Tickets for the club’s upcoming home games against Sheffield Wednesday, AFC Wimbledon (Tuesday, August 10th) Wigan Athletic (Saturday, August 21st) and Crewe Alexandra (Saturday, August 28th) are on sale and available to purchase here

- The club are expecting to go on sale with tickets for our trip to Oxford United (Saturday, August 14th) on Tuesday. The club are waiting for the arrival of away tickets for our league game MK Dons (Tuesday, August 17th) which is why they haven’t gone on sale yet

- To cope with high demand around the start of the season, the ticket office will remain open on Thursday, when it is usually closed. In addition, the ticket office will open at 10am on Saturday ahead of the game against Sheffield Wednesday, which kicks off at 5.30pm

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6107c4289c375/key-timings-ahead-of-the-start-of-the-season

• Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Old or disabled people are also welcome to be there at 3pm when it opens. Admittedly I am able-bodied, but travel in from 2 hours away so also appreciate the hospitality that crossbars offers. 
    i've always felt that the south east and west corners could be the solution - i think the more free to use bar space you can get in the ground, the better, particularly with so many of the pubs and clubs in the surrounding area now being closed - if u sit in the north stand, then use crossbars, east stand, use south east corner and south west corner, overspill for west and north.   
  • Options
    clive said:

Tickets

- Tickets for the club’s upcoming home games against Sheffield Wednesday, AFC Wimbledon (Tuesday, August 10th) Wigan Athletic (Saturday, August 21st) and Crewe Alexandra (Saturday, August 28th) are on sale and available to purchase here

- The club are expecting to go on sale with tickets for our trip to Oxford United (Saturday, August 14th) on Tuesday. The club are waiting for the arrival of away tickets for our league game MK Dons (Tuesday, August 17th) which is why they haven’t gone on sale yet

- To cope with high demand around the start of the season, the ticket office will remain open on Thursday, when it is usually closed. In addition, the ticket office will open at 10am on Saturday ahead of the game against Sheffield Wednesday, which kicks off at 5.30pm

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6107c4289c375/key-timings-ahead-of-the-start-of-the-season

Complete lack of any other information re. Oxford tickets considering they’re supposedly on sale tomorrow.
  • Options
    Simple and effective change 👌