Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

12 months on...

2»

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    T_C_E said:
    I posted this earlier on Twitter and will add to it on here........Listened to Bowyer and then @lyletaylor90 on @charltonlive yesterday and then got a text from @DaveStorry asking the question, thrown my principles out the window and bought a ticket. Will never forgive some Charlton employees for what happened a couple years back but now tired of fighting and the prospect of next season terrifies me, but the good people of #cafc from some club staff to players and team management are worthy of my £ and that's what I'm trying to think of. To the people that think I'm a "Glory boy" I'd ask you to think back to when you first fell in love with this club, maybe you were enticed by Target 10,000 maybe the Premiership days you had to start somewhere, try and think of me as a new boy that wants to see the club where he grew up do well, its your football club and I want to join. Lee Bowyer, Johnnie Jackson, the squad of players, @Tracey, the trust, Charltonlife and CharltonLive all kept me attached to this club. Last season there was pretty much nothing that could have got me through the gates, this season a little bit of me see's our Charlton coming back and I want to see if that is the case, not on the tv but live.  #cafc
    No Charlton supporter can ever be accused of being a glory boy!
    What about the “fans” the came when we were in the Prem but haven’t darkened our door since?
    They are no longer Charlton supporters
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    I posted this earlier on Twitter and will add to it on here........Listened to Bowyer and then @lyletaylor90 on @charltonlive yesterday and then got a text from @DaveStorry asking the question, thrown my principles out the window and bought a ticket. Will never forgive some Charlton employees for what happened a couple years back but now tired of fighting and the prospect of next season terrifies me, but the good people of #cafc from some club staff to players and team management are worthy of my £ and that's what I'm trying to think of. To the people that think I'm a "Glory boy" I'd ask you to think back to when you first fell in love with this club, maybe you were enticed by Target 10,000 maybe the Premiership days you had to start somewhere, try and think of me as a new boy that wants to see the club where he grew up do well, its your football club and I want to join. Lee Bowyer, Johnnie Jackson, the squad of players, @Tracey, the trust, Charltonlife and CharltonLive all kept me attached to this club. Last season there was pretty much nothing that could have got me through the gates, this season a little bit of me see's our Charlton coming back and I want to see if that is the case, not on the tv but live.  #cafc
    Your money will be paying towards the staff salaries as well as many other things.
    The truth is it's nonsense to say it goes to Roland.
    Roland is losing millions each year on Charlton. He is not profiting.
    It may mean he loses less than the usual £5M to £10M (approx), but he will still be losing millions.
    Enjoy your day (hopefully).
    I never ever stated I was to stop attending due to giving him my money, (search Pierre Bolangi memorial garden) I stated in 2014? I'd been told something that didn't sit right with me, I stopped attending October 2014? and from what I believe what I was told was proved right to this very day.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    I went last year but am holding back at the moment as I’m awaiting confirmation of a hospital appointment for prostate surgery 

Good luck and hope it all goes well.
  • Options
    Didn’t go last season and won’t be going this.
    Sadly, Carters final paragraph is similar to where I’m at except I’m travelling back from holiday on the day of the final so that decision was easy.
    My strongest connection I have with anything cafc is this place and the gut wrenching feeling I get as Millwall lord it above us.
    After enduring the Sellhurst years, being a s/t holder for 24 seasons and doing 75+ grounds, i’m amazed at how easy it’s been to become so ‘meh’ about it all.
  • Options
    Didn’t go last season and won’t be going this.
    Sadly, Carters final paragraph is similar to where I’m at except I’m travelling back from holiday on the day of the final so that decision was easy.
    My strongest connection I have with anything cafc is this place and the gut wrenching feeling I get as Millwall lord it above us.
    After enduring the Sellhurst years, being a s/t holder for 24 seasons and doing 75+ grounds, i’m amazed at how easy it’s been to become so ‘meh’ about it all.
    What a great shame. I thought I hadn't seen you or your partner for ages.
  • Options
    So with 4000 more tickets sold for Donny home game already than Shrewsbury play off game we can expect a 20000 plus crowd.
    In my view if we reach the play off final I can see quite a few more season tickets being sold than what we sold this season even with us remaining in league 1 next season.
    I know of a couple of mates who've purchased already for next season.
    As Prague has just mentioned on the ticket thread it looks like we'll beat the Swindon play off home game attendance.
    Does the 20000 + crowd put to bed there was 1000s boycotting because of Roland?
    If we gain promotion what would be the season ticket expectation for next season ?

• Options
    se9addick said:
    T_C_E said:
    No Charlton supporter can ever be accused of being a glory boy!
    What about the “fans” the came when we were in the Prem but haven’t darkened our door since?
    They are no longer Charlton supporters
    Hopefully we have them all flagged on the database and won’t sell th tickets when we get back.
  • Options

I missed both legs last year due to being on holiday but this year I’ve got a ST and have done more sways than I’ve ever done in one season.

Roland is still a twunt, but I missed Saturdays at football and I’m so glad I buckled and started going again. This season has been so enjoyable and Bo’s team has been a joy to watch.