Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Liverpool

1235»

Comments

• Options
    tom- k said:
    If only Barca had Kevin Lisbie in the team.
    To inject a bit of youth alongside Suarez?
  • Options
    I’ve just watched the highlights and I must say that, while nothing compares to Rufus’s goal at Wembley, was a very clever corner. Was it rehearsed or just a good spot by the taker?
  • Options
    What other sport can give you this?
    Chess
  • Options
    I’ve just watched the highlights and I must say that, while nothing compares to Rufus’s goal at Wembley, was a very clever corner. Was it rehearsed or just a good spot by the taker?
    Not sure you can rehearse the best team in the world acting like an under 7s outfit at a corner.
  • Options
    Brilliant game from start to finish. Over the two legs Liverpool deserved it.
    The 3-0 at the Nou camp was not a true reflection of the game. They had Barca on the rack for large periods.
    Sent my 7 year old off to bed at half time last night. Went and got him up when Liverpool's second went in. You just knew.
    And i'm glad I did. These type of games don't come along very often.
    The players standing arm in arm at the end in front of the Kop with ynwa lifting the roof off was something else.
    Good skills mate. My Dad did exactly the same for me in March 1975! I had been sent to bed before Match of the Day came on (FA Cup Qtr Finals), but he decided to get me up so I could watch it. I was the same age as your son is now, it was my first proper memory of watching televised football, and I've never forgotten it to this day. Happy days.
  • Options
    Not rehearsed.
  • Options
    Not rehearsed. The original ball going out and another replacement brought out quick played a big part.
    The ball boy had a blinder.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2019
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/liverpool-fc-barcelona-champions-league-2019-divock-origi-goal-ball-boy-ucl-video-a8904461.html

"Liverpool’s match analysts had noticed last week in the Camp Nou how Barcelona's players moaned and became distracted whenever a free-kick or a throw-in was awarded against them, even if the decision was blatantly the correct one. This made Jurgen Klopp recognise the possibilities."
  • Options
    WSS said:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/liverpool-fc-barcelona-champions-league-2019-divock-origi-goal-ball-boy-ucl-video-a8904461.html

"Liverpool’s match analysts had noticed last week in the Camp Nou how Barcelona's players moaned and became distracted whenever a free-kick or a throw-in was awarded against them, even if the decision was blatantly the correct one. This made Jurgen Klopp recognise the possibilities."
    I think the hero ball boy was the one who retrieved the original ball and sent it towards the corner flag. Yes TAA already had the ball planted and ready to deliver, but I suspect the Barca players saw a combination of that ball rolling to the corner flag and TAA seemingly walking away and didn't realise there was a ball there! I also suspect that whilst there was an instruction to give quick ball, this is normal when a team is chasing, it is the vision of TAA and the awareness of Origi that shines through.
  • Options
    Great comeback and great viewing I cannot deny that. 
    But for me whoever wins tonight out of Ajax and the spuds will get my support in the final.
    Anyone but the bin dippers. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not even close to being the greatest ever comeback (apologies if this has already been mentioned but I couldn't be arsed to go through 4 pages of posts). December 21st 1957. Charlton 1 Huddersfield 5. 26 minutes to play, Charlton down to 10 men due to an injury. 24 minutes later, 7-6. 
    Crowd: 12,000.
    "And, if you know your history, its enough to make you heart go...….".
    Johnny Summers, 5 goals between the 47th and 81st minute.
    Shurely shome mishtake. Based on the amount of people who claim to have been there (I was 7 months old so hard for me to claim it) then the crowd was surely nearer 250,000.
  • Options
    After the Scouse booing the National Anthem, a comment off a mates Facebook post -

"Can't stand them. They'd have a minutes silence if their phone battery died"

Done me
    Was just reading that 🤣
  • Options
    I had no idea this #scousenitenglish thing even existed. 

I just searched it on Twitter & they seriously mean it. Justifying it with how the whole of the rest of England are against them, that they’re the only place in England to welcome multiculturalism, Thatcher, Tories blah blah blah. 

Honestly I’m astounded. 
  • Options
    I had no idea this #scousenitenglish thing even existed. 

I just searched it on Twitter & they seriously mean it. Justifying it with how the whole of the rest of England are against them, that they’re the only place in England to welcome multiculturalism, Thatcher, Tories blah blah blah. 

Honestly I’m astounded. 
    Posted on here a few years ago, when I was having a drink with a Scouser over here, he said exactly the same thing, that a lot of em don't class emselves as English. I knew there was a bit of an underlying thing, but not to the extent it is. Shame really
  • Options
    Amazing how a number of the people who were tweeting Scouse not English and proud of the booing yesterday were also tweeting cheering england on during the World Cup l
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Amazing how a number of the people who were tweeting Scouse not English and proud of the booing yesterday were also tweeting cheering england on during the World Cup l
    Probably to get others in to the WC spirit, and out down the pub, so they could go round and turn their houses over. #thinklikeascouse
  • Options
    How many Scousers actually consider themselves “not English”? 5%, 10%? Can’t be that many surely?