Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunday Night Poll: Going / Not Going, Tickets for next week Poll

Comments

• Options
    If this poll is anything to go my I don’t think we will sell out our allocation. 
    Exactly. If we've sold 20,000 & 30% still need to buy it will take us to 27,000 and 10,000 unsold.
    I don't want @AFKABartram to take away more promotes but not every fan is on Charlton Life on a Sunday, if at all, or completes polls.
    What ! Wash your mouth out.
  • Options
    If we don’t sell this out after The home leg , that’s odd beyond belief but you never know with our freak show 
    It is strange . It’s early days in this poll but it’s not looking like we’ll shift anything like 37k tickets . 
    We will. I have vaguely- Charlton and non-Charlton mates who are keen but I've told them to wait. Remember the same in 98.
    Wait for what ?
    The demand to die down ?
    Yes. In 98 more tickets were released to us and we had to scrabble around a bit to make sure we took as many as Sunderland. I want all Charlton through and through to get tickets, but I also want us to sell-out. Same as back then. I don't buy people from 98 giving it the hard luck story that they couldn't get a ticket for love nor money as that was not the reality.
  • Options
    There will be a lot of non-fans going with mates who are etc, just for the experience. 
  • Options
    I won’t be going. I’m off on holiday this week.
    Like El Presidente I to never thought we’d get this far.
    Bugger.
  • Options
    I won’t be going. I’m off on holiday this week.
    Like El Presidente I to never thought we’d get this far.
    Bugger.
    Oh ye of little faith.
  • Options
    Had my apprenticeship started two weeks letter, I'd have booked a flight. Since it hasn't, took the day off work just in case we made it. Will have the apartment to myself so I wont bother anyone with my swearing 
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Will be in Cork for the weekend. Anyone got any advice on a decent boozer to watch the match in?
    I'll be going in the other direction. Rising Sons Brewery is very central, has good beer and about a million screens. Alternatively there is the Woolshed which is an Aussie themed sports bar, not far from Rising Sons. I'm not sure if the game is clashing with anything else, but I can assure you Charlton would be well down the pecking order. Both places will likely have it on, but may not have the sound.
  • Options
    Omnium and DernyFest at Herne Hill Velodrome
    Was there last week watching The Bicycle Thieves. 
  • Options
    Quite surprised that 10% aren't going at all.
  • Options
    If the 19k sold represent 57% then the 91% total would be just over 30k. I’d be surprised if we fully sell out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All my lot gave up their season tickets in protest and have done a poor job of recording our attendances so whilst we would have over 100 points (just) we average about 30-40.

So the 9am lottery for us but with 20,000 left i am confident and cant see the club selling out today or even before Thursday.
  • Options
    If this poll is anything to go my I don’t think we will sell out our allocation. 
    Exactly. If we've sold 20,000 & 30% still need to buy it will take us to 27,000 and 10,000 unsold.
    I don't want @AFKABartram to take away more promotes but not every fan is on Charlton Life on a Sunday, if at all, or completes polls.
    Indeed, but hopefully polls of 272 on here and 600 plus on Twitter give good enough samples to make it carry some interest.
  • Options
    Breakdown of roughly when the Monday availability opened
  • Options
    Sorted, mate got me one on Saturday 
  • Options
    Haven't got mine yet ...... it's on a Sunday and trains from Cornwall start later on a Sunday morning than other weekdays. So touch and go whether I can get to Wembley on time for ko.

I could come up to London on Saturday, but I'm on a very tight budget so hotel accomodation in London is probably out of the question. 

But it's 21 years since I last watched Charlton at Wembley - and at my age I can't risk waiting that long again. :smile:

So by hook or by crook, I'll be there!

• Options
    I think CL have a lot of posters who are far away, we all value it. So it might not be a representative sample for that reason. I would be amazed if we cannot shift 35k. I am bringing six, all my Eltham family bar brother in law who never goes, plus Czech neighbour, flying in Sunday morning on the Ryanair red eye. 
  • Options
    AFKA can we have a poll please on if your going to nelsons column after the game if we win please 
  • Options
    And no no sooner had I posted the above, than....

• Options
    el-pietro said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Will be in Cork for the weekend. Anyone got any advice on a decent boozer to watch the match in?
    I'll be going in the other direction. Rising Sons Brewery is very central, has good beer and about a million screens. Alternatively there is the Woolshed which is an Aussie themed sports bar, not far from Rising Sons. I'm not sure if the game is clashing with anything else, but I can assure you Charlton would be well down the pecking order. Both places will likely have it on, but may not have the sound.
    Thanks @el-pietro will have a look. COYA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    el-pietro said:
    YTS1978 said:
    @el-pietro just spoke to young lady at The Rising Sons. They have the game on the big screen on Sunday, so thanks for the recommendation. Yooooreeedssss!
  • Options
    Kind of cheated , got them monday afternoon but as when i opened thread sorted :)
    5 of us going, just the family but hoping might meet cousin and/ or couple mates somewhere near for a beer. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    el-pietro said:
    YTS1978 said:
    @el-pietro just spoke to young lady at The Rising Sons. They have the game on the big screen on Sunday, so thanks for the recommendation. Yooooreeedssss!
    Enjoy it, they make their own beer and its pretty good. They do good pizza too in house. If you like your craft beer you are not far from several bars with very good selections. The Bier Haus is closest. Out the door, turn right, and head for the foot bridge at the end of the street, probably 200 meters away. Abbots Ale House (misleading name, they don't have Cask Ale but do have great beer, and a giant friendly Russian, tell him Peter says hi if you go in), is close by as well. You also have The Franciscan Well Brewery and the Friary in the same area. All are in a roughly straight line covering about a half kilometer. Edit: I was wrong, its about 800 m, not 500!

Alternatively you are right in the city centre and will have lots of options for more traditional bars or tourist friendly bars with live music etc. Its a very small and walk-able city. Enjoy it! How long are you in the city for?
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    el-pietro said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Enjoy it, they make their own beer and its pretty good. They do good pizza too in house. If you like your craft beer you are not far from several bars with very good selections. The Bier Haus is closest. Out the door, turn right, and head for the foot bridge at the end of the street, probably 200 meters away. Abbots Ale House (misleading name, they don't have Cask Ale but do have great beer, and a giant friendly Russian, tell him Peter says hi if you go in), is close by as well. You also have The Franciscan Well Brewery and the Friary in the same area. All are in a roughly straight line covering about a half kilometer. Edit: I was wrong, its about 800 m, not 500!

Alternatively you are right in the city centre and will have lots of options for more traditional bars or tourist friendly bars with live music etc. Its a very small and walk-able city. Enjoy it! How long are you in the city for?
    Thanks for the tips, sounds like we'll be alright for a drink then!!! Will be out there Saturday and Sunday, heading back Monday afternoon. Am looking forward to it.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    this thread really does make me question if some people are really charlton fans, its the biggest gathering of charlton fans for over 20 years and some are choosing music festivals/days out etc, unless you live abroad or are unable for financial or health reason no reason you should not be there, i missed both the play off games as had trips booked with mrs and knew it was a risk but the deal was we didnt have to go to a wedding in ravello this weekend on the chance charlton could be in a final at wembley.  ( also didnt help with sunderland swapping games around as could of made both _

what a wise choice for once!
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    reardens huge place - you might want to check they have no gaa on as this obviously takes priority.

edit having looked - there are a few gaa matches on but none involving the munster teams so you should be okay, its a massive bar with multiple tellies. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    YTS1978 said:
    reardens huge place - you might want to check they have no gaa on as this obviously takes priority.

edit having looked - there are a few gaa matches on but none involving the munster teams so you should be okay, its a massive bar with multiple tellies. 
    Reardens is awful! Though to be fair I've only ever been there late at night. Awful awful place.
  • Options
    Quite surprised that 10% aren't going at all.
    10% was only  36. Could be sick people or old and infirm.