Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunday Night Poll: Going / Not Going, Tickets for next week Poll

13»

Comments

• Options
    el-pietro said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Will be in Cork for the weekend. Anyone got any advice on a decent boozer to watch the match in?
    reardens huge place - you might want to check they have no gaa on as this obviously takes priority.

edit having looked - there are a few gaa matches on but none involving the munster teams so you should be okay, its a massive bar with multiple tellies. 
    Reardens is awful! Though to be fair I've only ever been there late at night. Awful awful place.
    its a big bar that shows sports, most places are awful late at night they are busy and get drowned with people splling dash bottles everywhere. 
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Will be in Cork for the weekend. Anyone got any advice on a decent boozer to watch the match in?
    reardens huge place - you might want to check they have no gaa on as this obviously takes priority.

edit having looked - there are a few gaa matches on but none involving the munster teams so you should be okay, its a massive bar with multiple tellies. 
    Reardens is awful! Though to be fair I've only ever been there late at night. Awful awful place.
    its a big bar that shows sports, most places are awful late at night they are busy and get drowned with people splling dash bottles everywhere. 
    Nah, that place is worse than anywhere else in Cork. Maybe due to its size, but it draws a clientele I'd rather not be around. Can't stand it.
  • Options
    this thread really does make me question if some people are really charlton fans, its the biggest gathering of charlton fans for over 20 years and some are choosing music festivals/days out etc, unless you live abroad or are unable for financial or health reason no reason you should not be there, i missed both the play off games as had trips booked with mrs and knew it was a risk but the deal was we didnt have to go to a wedding in ravello this weekend on the chance charlton could be in a final at wembley.  ( also didnt help with sunderland swapping games around as could of made both _

what a wise choice for once!
    In fairness there is only 1 person in the UK, who has made a comment on this thread, who has chosen not to go.
  • Options
    this thread really does make me question if some people are really charlton fans, its the biggest gathering of charlton fans for over 20 years and some are choosing music festivals/days out etc, unless you live abroad or are unable for financial or health reason no reason you should not be there, i missed both the play off games as had trips booked with mrs and knew it was a risk but the deal was we didnt have to go to a wedding in ravello this weekend on the chance charlton could be in a final at wembley.  ( also didnt help with sunderland swapping games around as could of made both _

In fairness there is only 1 person in the UK, who has made a comment on this thread, who has chosen not to go.
    if you are on a day out or event - that is choosing not to go imo, different if on a holiday/bad health/financially unable. 

its the fixture at the start of the season we 100% know when it is going to be. 

just makes me laugh - people mainly on the facebook "gutted" they cant go yet are on holiday surely you know when it is going to be. 
  • Options
    el-pietro said:
    el-pietro said:
    YTS1978 said:

Nah, that place is worse than anywhere else in Cork. Maybe due to its size, but it draws a clientele I'd rather not be around. Can't stand it.
    was just trying to be helpful - listen to the local don't go there, enjoy the game 
  • Options

if you are on a day out or event - that is choosing not to go imo, different if on a holiday/bad health/financially unable. 

just makes me laugh - people mainly on the facebook "gutted" they cant go yet are on holiday surely you know when it is going to be. 
    Yeah, I agree entirely.
    I look up all the possible dates, for all sorts of possibilities before I book any holidays or gigs etc.
    But I realise it's probably only me, Seb and a couple of hundred others that make Charlton their priority.

Give it another 6 months and I'll be sitting by myself in The Oak again :-)
  • Options

Yeah, I agree entirely.
    I look up all the possible dates, for all sorts of possibilities before I book any holidays or gigs etc.
    But I realise it's probably only me, Seb and a couple of hundred others that make Charlton their priority.

Relegated by November?  What a shit season it's going to be  ;)
  • Options

Yeah, I agree entirely.

You've never mentioned that before mate 😉.