Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Starting XI & subs for next Sunday

13»

Comments

• Options
    Think the biggest challenge Bowyer has by far is keeping them all calm and able to play their game. Our weaknesses will be accentuated by a capable team playing their natural game if nerves get the better of us. I think we saw this on Friday to a large extent and we were desperate at times, more a collection of individuals than the team we can be.

As for tactics and formation, would love to hear @Tutt-Tutt's views on how he'd advise setting up for Sunderland.
  • Options
    Whatever King Bows says, I will follow as he is King of the Valley.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Leuth said:
    Pratley wins tackles, sure - and the ball is back with the opposition seconds later. He's almost what you'd call a flashy defensive player - does things that win applause but doesn't actually contribute to us creating chances or dominating play. If he starts, we cede the initiative from the outset. We need someone who's quicker, more skillful, more positive. Whether that's Williams, Reeves, JFC or Morgan. 

I want to see some goals for/against stats for games in which Pratley came on as a substitute this season - stats for before he came on and after. I bet they are not pretty reading 
    Charlton 2-0 Gillingham
    0-0 after Pratley came on at 73 mins

Charlton 2-1 Walsall
    0-0 after Pratley came on at 83 mins

Charlton 2-1 Portsmouth
    0-0 after Pratley came on at 84 mins

Charlton 1-0 Bradford
    0-0 after Pratley came on at 79 mins

Plymouth 0-2 Charlton
    0-0 after Pratley came on at 63 mins

Charlton 3-1 Luton
    0-0 after Pratley came on at 88 mins

Charlton 4-0 Scunthorpe
    0-0 after Pratley came on at 72 mins

Charlton 4-0 Rochdale

Doncaster 1-2 Charlton
    1-0 after Pratley came on at 61 mins

Charlton 1-2 Doncaster (2-3 AET)
    0-1 (1-2 AET) after Pratley came on at half time
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    My team is the same eleven that started the semi final legs. Get ready to bring on Williams at HT if Albie is struggling. Pratley for the final 20-25 minutes if we have the lead. Solly in added time to run the clock down...

I can see the value in going 4-5-1/4-3-3 to combat the Sunderland midfield and giving better protect to our full backs.

I’d like to see the KR favourite, the double pivot with Cullen and Bielik holding while Aribo, Parker and Morgan interchange in the three positions behind Taylor.

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Pratley wins tackles, sure - and the ball is back with the opposition seconds later. He's almost what you'd call a flashy defensive player - does things that win applause but doesn't actually contribute to us creating chances or dominating play. If he starts, we cede the initiative from the outset. We need someone who's quicker, more skillful, more positive. Whether that's Williams, Reeves, JFC or Morgan. 

I want to see some goals for/against stats for games in which Pratley came on as a substitute this season - stats for before he came on and after. I bet they are not pretty reading 
    Charlton 2-0 Gillingham
    0-0 after Pratley came on at 73 mins

Charlton 2-1 Walsall
    0-0 after Pratley came on at 83 mins

Charlton 2-1 Portsmouth

Charlton 1-0 Bradford
    0-0 after Pratley came on at 79 mins

Plymouth 0-2 Charlton
    0-0 after Pratley came on at 63 mins

Charlton 3-1 Luton
    0-0 after Pratley came on at 88 mins

Charlton 4-0 Scunthorpe
    0-0 after Pratley came on at 72 mins

Charlton 4-0 Rochdale

Doncaster 1-2 Charlton
    1-0 after Pratley came on at 61 mins

Charlton 1-2 Doncaster (2-3 AET)
    0-1 (1-2 AET) after Pratley came on at half time
    Callum, he meant real stats, not made up stats.