Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Box Park Wembley - Fan Park

Comments

• Options
    If you get there at 10am, you most likely will get in for free. I guess the tenner is a payment to take away the hassle and get a guaranteed perch for the day, no need to rush to be there early doors bla bla
  • Options
    JT said:
    Remdhenry said:
    Spoke to a Spurs fan at work, he says the bar can get 5 deep at Box Park. 
    Theres a sh*t load of staff

Hopefully none drafted in from The Valley catering staff or it will be 10 deep.
    With a special shout out to the girl who when |I asked if they had hot dogs on Friday said to me "yeah, these ones" whilst pointing to a sausage roll.
  • Options
    Got our 6 for this. Clips from the weekend looked good and that was only Watford!
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    JT said:
    Remdhenry said:
    Spoke to a Spurs fan at work, he says the bar can get 5 deep at Box Park. 
    Theres a sh*t load of staff

Hopefully none drafted in from The Valley catering staff or it will be 10 deep.
    With a special shout out to the girl who when |I asked if they had hot dogs on Friday said to me "yeah, these ones" whilst pointing to a sausage roll.
    Or the fella in the NU who tried to charge me £24 for 2 pints and 2 fantas 
  • Options
    Or the girl who couldn't use a bottle opener. Had to open my own Heineken, was painful. 
  • Options
    9 of us..
  • Options
    Paying to get in just don’t sit right with me. I’m sure it will be decent and fun if you like that type of thing but I’d rather a normal pub and a couple of pints for my £10 instead.

Cue me being seen in there post match as it’s the closest for a celebratory/sad beer after the game.
    Not sure it's the type of lively "up" place I'd want to go to after a defeat! 
  • Options
    So if I apply for free tickets but arrive early enough I will get in for nothing? If I turn up and it's full already then don't get in. Good way of making sure the place is packed nice and early!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    heavenSE7 said:
    So if I apply for free tickets but arrive early enough I will get in for nothing? If I turn up and it's full already then don't get in. Good way of making sure the place is packed nice and early!
    What can you say, the owner’s a Charlton fan, smart guy!
  • Options
    Spoke to Pompey mate who had a ticket for Boxpark for Chubby Checker. However couldn't get in as full. A ticket doesn't guarantee entry. 
    He ended up drinking in the ground and found a real bar. 
  • Options
    If its the same Boxpark people that have a place in Croydon, it's like an expensive way of sitting on a park bench.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I have been past the Box Park in Croydon and it seems to be a mass of pop up mini restaurants, with a couple of places to get a beer.  It looks very nice.

If it is the same set up for Wembley I cannot see how they charge you just to get in, let alone charging £10.  Outrageous!
  • Options
    redman said:
    Spoke to Pompey mate who had a ticket for Boxpark for Chubby Checker. However couldn't get in as full. A ticket doesn't guarantee entry. 
    He ended up drinking in the ground and found a real bar. 
    There are 2 different types of ticket.

Free tickets - which mean if you turn up early and it's relatively empty then you can get in.
    £10 ticket - means you're guaranteed entry any time before 1pm.

Your mate must've had a free ticket and got there later on.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    We had Box Park - seemed to be very popular but this time fans had to pay £10 to get into.

The usual music/beer etc.

Also was a fan park outside by the retail centre. 
    Any general tips,you could pass on from the weekend @Supe@Super_horns
    Personally I went to Green Park but people said the other 2 were pretty good - music and decent enough beer/drink.

Also some burger vans etc just incase you are hungry in the Fan Park...it is outside so hopefully weather will be ok.

I think for the final it was first come first served in the Box Park then they charged a tenner.

Probably still less than you pay in the ground for a drink etc!

Least you will see a competitive game - mind you if its 6-0 Charlton you won't be complaining!!!

• Options
    We had Box Park - seemed to be very popular but this time fans had to pay £10 to get into.

Personally I went to Green Park but people said the other 2 were pretty good - music and decent enough beer/drink.

Also some burger vans etc just incase you are hungry in the Fan Park...it is outside so hopefully weather will be ok.

I think for the final it was first come first served in the Box Park then they charged a tenner.

Least you will see a competitive game - mind you if its 6-0 Charlton you won't be complaining!!!

Was it easy enough to get served in The Green Man, saw the place was heaving with Watford on Saturday?
  • Options

I'm guessing that the atmosphere amongst the Hornets was to enjoy the occasion, as realistically your chance of victory was only slim. The 5pm kickoff gave plenty of time to soak up the atmosphere too.

It will be somewhat more tense for us though!
  • Options
    JT said:
    Or the girl who couldn't use a bottle opener. Had to open my own Heineken, was painful. 
    Or the person at the hot drinks dispenser who didn't know what Bovril was, until it was pointed out in front of him! 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    CHG said:

Was it easy enough to get served in The Green Man, saw the place was heaving with Watford on Saturday?
    Seemed to be 2/3 different areas to be served although only one was doing soft drinks if anyone wasn't drinking beer.

Could also go inside the pub itself

The usual burger van in the car park and both indoor and outdoor toilets.

So pretty well set up I felt.

I'm guessing that the atmosphere amongst the Hornets was to enjoy the occasion, as realistically your chance of victory was only slim. The 5pm kickoff gave plenty of time to soak up the atmosphere too.

Yes - ground wasn't open till 3 and didn't really start filling up till 4.30.

Was a good atmosphere and of course we had the flag waving for the last 10 minutes - some other set of fans migt have reacted differently to being 5/6-0 down but think our fate had long been accepeted both on and off the pitch!

Not even the sniff of a consolation!

Think people had paid a lot of money so wanted to stick around as there was no great rush to get home given the short journey for most fans.

Least the tube strike was cancelled! Just think of the trouble people would have had getting there for that...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Box parks fine for a bit of street food or some craft but doesn’t feel like a pre match venue getting to green man for 10.30 should hopefully get in at that time. If not will go to one of the other Charlton pubs 
  • Options
    i registered interest and got 2 free tickets. 
    Seems to say on the email though that the thing with barcode isnt actually a ticket... Bit confusing
    Extremely confusing. I registered but it only gave me two tickets ( I need 4 ) and apparently they are not actually tickets! Why is everything so bloody complicated?
    can see it putting people off. 
    As against shite, expensive beer and paying for the privilege of being able to buy said shite, expensive beer?
  • Options
    CHG said:

Seemed to be 2/3 different areas to be served although only one was doing soft drinks if anyone wasn't drinking beer.

Could also go inside the pub itself

The usual burger van in the car park and both indoor and outdoor toilets.

So pretty well set up I felt.

Yes - ground wasn't open till 3 and didn't really start filling up till 4.30.

Was a good atmosphere and of course we had the flag waving for the last 10 minutes - some other set of fans migt have reacted differently to being 5/6-0 down but think our fate had long been accepeted both on and off the pitch!

Not even the sniff of a consolation!

Think people had paid a lot of money so wanted to stick around as there was no great rush to get home given the short journey for most fans.

Least the tube strike was cancelled! Just think of the trouble people would have had getting there for that...

That flag waving for the last 10 minutes looked amazing and won you a lot of admiration from the "neutrals"
  • Options
    bought 8 in the end, the young'uns in my group said it looks good
  • Options

I've been after a Spurs v Arsenal game this season, was good atmosphere (probably due to Aubemeyang missing pena)

quite decent if you want to avoid the rush to the Wembley park, not sure about before.

Currently in 2 minds, this would be easier but again the situation whether to pay or not and we have 3 15/16 year olds only 5 of us though so maybe if we can get in before 12.

• Options
    Think I'm going to do the Fanzone instead which is free and is next to the stadium so the kids in our group can enjoy looking at it while we have a few drinks
  • Options
    Think I'm going to do the Fanzone instead which is free and is next to the stadium so the kids in our group can enjoy looking at it while we have a few drinks

@kinveachyaddick excuse my stupidity but how will that work? are you bringing your own?
  • Options
    @kinveachyaddick what’s the fanzone mate? Have you got a link to anything?
  • Options
    http://www.wembleystadium.com/events/2019/sky-bet-league-one-play-off-final Have a look at the PDF on this link. It gives the location of the fan zones.