Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Have you ever cried over football

edited May 2019 in General Charlton
I'm wiping away tears now.... So emotional I cannot fall asleep..... but these are happy tears. After three years in League One and such a long time of disappointment and despair under the Belgian owner, we are finally up and have something so exciting to cheer about. Thank you Lee and Jacko and all the boys for giving us these magical moments.

Before today I've only cried for one thing related to football and that's Curbs' departure. A lot of tears. I was sad that entire summer. I've never cried over anything football since. Not even when we were relegated various times or got promoted to the Championship last time around.

I was so glad Curbs was there today to congratulate Lee. It was nice to see. My mum asked me before the game if Curbs would go to the game and I was slightly surprised she still remembers him😂 And when she saw Curbs on TV she got as excited as me!

So have you cried at football? I'm sure I'm not the only one that cried today!

Comments

• Yes plenty of times. Today was no exception. 
  • Had I not been so hopped up on caffeine, I probably would have shed a couple tears but instead was bouncing around the room. Shed a tear or two during the national anthem however. Which is weird because I'm not English but I always love hearing God Save The Queen
  • Good for you Jessie 
  • First time I have today
  • I cried when BFG scored, I honestly don't think I over cried when we have scored in normal time before. 
  • Cried at a match for the first time today
  • Sponsored links:

• I did today, when the first goal went in and someone leapt four seats and landed on my broken foot😁
    Sorry Kerry, shouldn't laugh, but that was an accident waiting to happen. Glad you made it despite the injury though. Be careful with mix the painkillers with celebratory beers.
  • Yep... Shirt went over my head just after we got the winner

Such a tight game, the whole emotion of it just got to me
  •  Cheers Ali, I agree it was stupid to go, but I’m really pleased I did, it was worth the pain, and to be fair the lad couldn’t apologise enough. 
  • Not gonna lie, I shed a little tear with my mate when the final whistle went
  • Cried in 98 and cried today . There is a god after all !
  • Felt emotional before the game, just about held it together when BFG scored, clinging to my sons not wanting them to see my eyes. Just got home and sitting with a beer reflecting, tears in eyes, God I love Charlton 
  • Cried in 98, not today. Never thought id see them in the prem, whereas today was about getting back to where we belong
  • When BFG scored I picked my son up an hugged him, I had tears. Unfortunately then he asked me to put him down and I did, cue about 20 people charge last is towards the pitch, knocking me into him and across the back of the seats. Last time I listen to the little bugger lol 
  • Numbers said:
    Felt emotional before the game, just about held it together when BFG scored, clinging to my sons not wanting them to see my eyes. Just got home and sitting with a beer reflecting, tears in eyes, God I love Charlton 
    Same here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never cried at football, but had a panic attack on the East Stand concourse before the Swindon play-off game. Nearly had one this afternoon in injury time - literally sitting here at my laptop going "Breathe in.... Breathe out... Breathe in... BreaYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!"
  • I didn't cry today, but was quite close!
  • Bit of a lip tremble pre match but the tears were flowing at the final whistle I was absolutely choked
  • My eyes were very moist thinking about my brother and then looking around the stadium at all the jubilant Charlton fans. I felt very proud and then exceptionally lucky to feel this emotion. Lovely day and thank you. 
  • Cry? WTF. 
  • Been to 35+ games with my 14 year old lad this season. Been a brilliant season, but tinged with sadness today as he is on a school trip this week. I'm not ashamed to say I wept when Bauer scored, partly because of Charlton going up, but mainly because the boy was not with me. Heigh ho. YOU REDDDDSSSS
  • Cried when we went down in 99. Wasn't helped by my mum telling me it's only a game...
  • edited May 2019
    99 cried like a baby, today not quite as much. Hopefully next year May after the playoffs we l be blobbing with joy again
  • I was crying at the end and a kind lady asked me if I was OK 😂