Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Amazing hearing that attendance today

Surely a League One record

Comments

• No Man City v Gills 76,935
  • Who was playing?
  • both teams sold around 10k more than the total attendance at last year's final
  • I was a little disappointed if I’m honest.  Was hoping to hit the 80,000 mark.
    If Sunderland hadn't already been at Wembley for the Checkatrade (and had been playing better) the attendance would easily have exceeded 80000
    I was a little disappointed if I’m honest.  Was hoping to hit the 80,000 mark.
    If Sunderland hadn't already been at Wembley for the Checkatrade (and had been playing better) the attendance would easily have exceeded 80000
    But they was killer
  • edited May 2019
    I believe this beats the 1938 record of 75,031 for largest attendance ever at a Charlton match, home or away.
  • I believe this beats the 1938 record of 75,031 for largest attendance ever at a Charlton match, home or away.
    What about our 2 F.A. cup finals?
  • rina said:
    both teams sold around 10k more than the total attendance at last year's final
    Had no idea there'd only been 26,000 last year, that seems so low for a Wembley final.
  • I was disappointed with the attendance, to be honest, which is why I called it poor on the Match Thread.

I was looking for the first 80,000+ Division Three crowd; at the very least beating the Gills/Man City figure from the 1999 final.

The upside of that crowd is that if our club sold 38,227 tickets then we'd outsold the Mackems.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was disappointed with the attendance, to be honest, which is why I called it poor on the Match Thread.

I was looking for the first 80,000+ Division Three crowd; at the very least beating the Gills/Man City figure from the 1999 final.

The upside of that crowd is that if our club sold 38,227 tickets then we'd outsold the Mackems.
    we are a tad nearer.
  • About 30,000 Sunderland as some seats was for non supporters  of the two clubs.
  • Halix said:
    I was disappointed with the attendance, to be honest, which is why I called it poor on the Match Thread.

we are a tad nearer.
    Very true.

And I'm also aware that Sunderland were at Wembley a few weeks ago in the final of the Chubby Checkatrade Trophy.

I just expected more from them as they're a "big" club and they'd have a large number of supporters living in and around London and the South-East.
  • How much will RD pocket from this final ?
  • Lots of empty seats in the upper tier for them 
  • It was a great atmosphere and an even better day. Well done to all those that came and were part of it. It was great to see Bowyer and Curbs on the big screen.Two Charlton heroes. Let's go back next season.
    Apparently the EFL retain 50% of gate receipts with the 2 clubs getting 25% each.
  • Sponsored links:

• It was a great atmosphere and an even better day. Well done to all those that came and were part of it. It was great to see Bowyer and Curbs on the big screen.Two Charlton heroes. Let's go back next season.
    Nah, straight up mate!
  • edited May 2019
    I know I will probably be accused of being a bit anal about this, but the total number of Addicks in the stadium should probably be increased by around 2000 from the number the club media and ticket office are announcing.
    I’d say we had around 40,000 to 40,500 Addicks at the game.
    I was told around 2 mil, which is probably what we took for season tickets last year  
  • I know I will probably be accused of being a bit anal about this, but the total number of Addicks in the stadium should probably be increased by around 2000 from the number the club ticket office are announcing.
    I’d say we had around 40,000 to 40,500 Addicks at the game.

Minus a few first timers/never to be seen again types.
  • 1se7 said:
    and every single one went radio rental in the 94th minute - what scenes , I doubt I will ever experience that again - I think the reversal  of fortune during the game compounded the reaction....
    No and the come down from that mass frenzy of communal joy is hard to have to cope with!
  • edited May 2019
    I wonder what the crowd would have been like if we had beaten Swindon in 2010 and met Millwall in the final ?
  • What was the final count on numbers of Charlton tickets ?
  • I wonder what the crowd would have been like if we had beaten Swindon in 2010 and met Millwall in the final ?
    I can safely say there would have been thousands more teeth in the Charlton end. 
    Apparently the EFL retain 50% of gate receipts with the 2 clubs getting 25% each.
    No, 12.5%