Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bye bye to league one and...

The silly checkatrade trophy

The first and second rounds of the FA Cup

Having to wait until halfway through the highlights show to see our goals.

Trips to Accrington and Rochdale (nice clubs and fans though they were).

The terrible view at Wimbledon

Towns you need to change trains three times to reach

A quarter full, or less, Jimmy Seed Stand

Uncertainty over whether games will been postponed for international breaks.

Rearranged games due to international breaks.

Terracing : - (

Uncovered away ends

Chants of "Premier League and you f***** it up"

Comments

• Options
    Amen!

I was under the impression that we still had to play in the first & second round of the FA Cup, good news if not.
  • Options
    More games will be live on SKY in terms of weekend matches

At the very least all our midweek games will be on SKY (Either main channel or red button) so wont have to pay £10 for iFollow

Only downside is there are less teams that have signed up to iFollow in the Championship so no guarantee we'll be able to see all away games from home
  • Options
    I was happy about the win yesterday, but today I woke up realising that while we get get bonked every game next season, there's four London derbies to look forward to and we won't be in that miserable depressing league anymore. When Powell took us out of it I really hoped we'd seen the last of it. Thank god we won't have to post about how we still can't beat bloody Tranmere twice next season
  • Options
    I was happy about the win yesterday, but today I woke up realising that while we get get bonked every game next season, there's four London derbies to look forward to and we won't be in that miserable depressing league anymore. When Powell took us out of it I really hoped we'd seen the last of it. Thank god we won't have to post about how we still can't beat bloody Tranmere twice next season
    I've already been looking at who we can finish above. I'm expecting Millwall, Wigan plus Luton and Barnsley to be down there with us.
  • Options
    You’re absolutely right. It will be Millwall instead. 
  • Options
    25May98 said:
    You’re absolutely right. It will be Millwall instead. 
    Not this time 
  • Options
    The silly checkatrade trophy

The first and second rounds of the FA Cup

Having to wait until halfway through the highlights show to see our goals.

Trips to Accrington and Rochdale (nice clubs and fans though they were).

The terrible view at Wimbledon

Towns you need to change trains three times to reach

A quarter full Jimmy Seed Stand

Uncertainty over whether games we been postponed for international breaks.

Rearranged games due to international breaks.

Terracing

Uncovered away ends
    Seeing 120 away fans 10 times a season in a 3000 Capacity Jimmy Seed stand
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've already been looking at who we can finish above. I'm expecting Millwall, Wigan plus Luton and Barnsley to be down there with us.
    The likes of Reading and QPR too
  • Options
    If we ever slip back in to the third tier for the record I want it written down we have to exit the checkatrade chuff immediately.... it hardly improved Pompey and Sunderland’s season and is an embarrassment ...except if it’s our u-21 side playing in it in a few years and we’ve got to play  millwalls first team   

which makes no sense because we’d have to be in the Premiership for our u21s to play in it wibble wibble 
    Not true

Stoke under 21s
    West Brom under 21s
    Middlesbrough under 21s
    Swansea under 21s

All in the the Championship and in the Checkatrade last season
  • Options
    better referees????
  • Options
    If we ever slip back in to the third tier for the record I want it written down we have to exit the checkatrade chuff immediately.... it hardly improved Pompey and Sunderland’s season and is an embarrassment ...except if it’s our u-21 side playing in it in a few years and we’ve got to play  millwalls first team   

which makes no sense because we’d have to be in the Premiership for our u21s to play in it wibble wibble 
    Not true

Stoke under 21s
    West Brom under 21s
    Middlesbrough under 21s
    Swansea under 21s

Equally not true - At the moment we're a Cat.2 Academy Team

Regardless if we're in the Premier League or Championship, our U21s cant enter the CheckaTrade Trophy because we have to be a Cat.1 team
  • Options
    Wait.
    Hang on.
    There is no way we play in the silly buggers cup checkachukka Trophy next season with any of our teams surely?
    What was the point of yesterday if that's true?
    Somebody tell me it's not.
  • Options

Not true

Stoke under 21s
    West Brom under 21s
    Middlesbrough under 21s
    Swansea under 21s

Regardless if we're in the Premier League or Championship, our U21s cant enter the CheckaTrade Trophy because we have to be a Cat.1 team
    I wasnt talking about next season

Oohaah said about out under 21s playing Millwall in a few years in the checkatrade, but then said that wont happen as it would mean we would need to be premier league,  I was just saying that in a few years we could play them in the checkatrade with our under 21s even if we are not prem, as a few champ clubs played their last season, are academy could  be cat 1 in a couple of seasons
  • Options

Not true

Stoke under 21s
    West Brom under 21s
    Middlesbrough under 21s
    Swansea under 21s

I wasnt talking about next season

Oohaah said about out under 21s playing Millwall in a few years in the checkatrade, but then said that wont happen as it would mean we would need to be premier league,  I was just saying that in a few years we could play them in the checkatrade with our under 21s even if we are not prem, as a few champ clubs played their last season, are academy could  be cat 1 in a couple of seasons
    By the time that scenario happens they'll change the rules and revert the EFL trophy back to what it should be, i.e. a cup for the division 3 and 4 teams to compete for.
  • Options
    Agreed, I don't want our under 21s playing in the Checkatrade trophy - it should be for teams in L1/2 without all this Premier league youth teams nonsense. 
    Looking forward to some good games and hoping we see how Bowyer develops and his team develops. A long way to go, if he's backed we can do it. 
  • Options
    Goodbye to the terrible view from Wimbledon's away end
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    League One is almost certainly the stongest and best supported tier three in the World. The fact that there were over 76,000 there yesterday says it all.
    Only 9,000 (?) less than the Championship Final today

Take a bow Sunderland and Charlton!!!
  • Options
    I'll miss the weekend in Blackpool though (whether for Blackpool or Fleetwood)

Indeed the Championship is a bit lacking in coastal away days!
  • Options
    We wont have to wait till gone 10pm for our highlights, plus we'll get more than just the goals
  • Options
    Barnsley
    Birmingham City
    Blackburn Rovers
    Brentford
    Bristol City
    Cardiff City
    Charlton Athletic
    Derby County🔴
    Fulham
    Huddersfield Town
    Hull City
    Leeds United🔴
    Luton Town
    Middlesbrough
    Millwall
    Nottingham Forest
    Preston North End
    Queens Park Rangers
    Reading
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Stoke City🔴
    Swansea City🔴
    West Brom🔴
    Wigan Athletic 🔴

Ones in red I need to attend to tick off but the teams are so much better, Jimmy seed will be packed and we get sky matches. 

• Options
    Bristol City and Stoke are ones I need for my 92
  • Options
    Derby, Huddersfield, Leeds, Boro, Forest, Stoke, Swansea and West Brom will all be new awaydays for me. Been to Leeds and Nottingham for cricket, but not for football!