Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bye bye to league one and...

Comments

• Options
    I'll miss the weekend in Blackpool though (whether for Blackpool or Fleetwood)

Indeed the Championship is a bit lacking in coastal away days!
    Preston away
  • Options

Preston away
    Dont have much of a beach!!
  • Options
    Looks like you’ll have to head into Wales for a coastal break next season
  • Options

Preston away
    Stay in Blackpool, train into Preston.
  • Options
    Bye bye to playing away to Lincoln.

I pick out Lincoln because if anyone watches any League Two highlights will know Lincoln play siren noises whenever they take a corner which are quite loud and lasting. I envisioned us going there under strength with a young weak team, losing, and conceding to Lincoln corners.

That and Fleetwood's Captain Pugwash goal music won't be missed either. Things like that just don't feel like proper football grounds.

Grounds which don't look out of place in non league - Accrington, Wimbledon, Fleetwood etc won't be missed either. Bring on the bigger away days / weekenders at teams like Forest, Leeds etc.
  • Options
    And hoping it's bye bye to Duchatelet too. If he goes and we can keep the nucleus of the team together with Bows and Jacko I see no reason why we can't finish top ten next season. 
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Bye bye to that big geezer, Steve Evans
    And bye bye to standing on a construction site at the Priestfield! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Hello to our new owners....🙌🙏🙏🙌...please,please & pretty please...
  • Options
    edited May 2019

It is a fair point that outside of local derbies, which are always great, the championship contains many clubs from the nation's sh*t holes! I mean, Luton even looks semi-exotic next to most of them!
  • Options
    Wimbledon’s new stadium is under construction, so next year would be the last with blocked views.
  • Options
    If we are still under Duchatelet's yoke I fear it may be more a case of au revoir than goodbye.
  • Options
    Cant wait to leave this league, almost felt embarrassing having to play in it with our stadium, etc
  • Options

Was looking forward to Lincoln and was hoping either Mansfield or Newport would make it in the play offs as I need those grounds (down to about 5 for the 92 current grounds). No new ones in the championship for me. Spurs away in the cup would do though

• Options
    not one bit of me will miss league 1

the poor away ends at wimbledon and gills
    it really is dreadful football at times
    next year i think will actually be a tougher year than this
    ipswich, pompey, sunderland,rotherham will all be strong and expect lincoln to go well
  • Options

Preston away
    Preston?

Ribble. Ribble.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have enjoyed the aways this season , friendly oppo fans I'm not sure that will be the same in the Championship. The home games are much more attractive. Some decent away followings coming to The Valley and no away pub , a money making opportunity for our new owners. 
  • Options
    I was always under the impression that if premier league or championship you had to provide an away pub, also wonder what will happen with millwall fixtures as currently we have both played at home on some occasions this will surely be stopped next season as expect away ends to be busier 
  • Options
    If we are still under Duchatelet's yoke I fear it may be more a case of au revoir than goodbye.
    If Duchâtelet messes up:
    a) selling
    b) getting Bowyer, JJ, Gallen contracts
    c) lets all out of contract players leave,

i have a feeling that there would be mileage in an egg protest at Sint Truiden where he would be under Charlton’s yolk. 

Sorry, very lame I know but the image just came to me. 
  • Options
    I have a feeling that there would be mileage in an egg protest at Sint Truiden where he would be under Charlton’s yolk. 

A bit old school, surely? The trend these days is for milk shakes.

• Options
    IanJRO said:
    And hoping it's bye bye to Duchatelet too. If he goes and we can keep the nucleus of the team together with Bows and Jacko I see no reason why we can't finish top ten next season. 
    It will be a struggle getting into the top 10.
  • Options
    I was always under the impression that if premier league or championship you had to provide an away pub, also wonder what will happen with millwall fixtures as currently we have both played at home on some occasions this will surely be stopped next season as expect away ends to be busier 

eaststandmike said:
    IR94 said:
    Cant wait to leave this league, almost felt embarrassing having to play in it with our stadium, etc
    I find comments like this disrespectful to the other teams in league one, we could be back down again this time next year. 
    Some people think we have divine right to be in the Championship.

We were in division 3 for a reason.
  • Options

ipswich, pompey, sunderland,rotherham will all be strong and expect lincoln to go well
    Tougher than 5 teams getting 85 or more points? Portsmouth getting 88 points..........and finishing 4th. Unlikely to be as tough as this year.
  • Options

Tougher than 5 teams getting 85 or more points? Portsmouth getting 88 points..........and finishing 4th. Unlikely to be as tough as this year.
    Agree. League 1 will be a very different challenge next season. 

I think Sunderland will either Spend and run away with an auto spot or not and languish around midtable... It'll be make or break for them. 

Ipswich I think will win it. 

Pompey will challenge for autos.