Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Braziers, Chestnuts on the East Terrace?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Reminiscing always brings back the smells of the Valley,

Roasting chestnuts 
    Peanut shells 
    Beer
    Fags
    Piss
    First visit to the Valley was 1976 - don't know who we were playing - I told my Dad I wanted a pee - he gestured towards those horrible outside urinals made from grey concrete panels - floor was swimming in piss - rolled my flares up so they didn't go in the piss 
  • Options

Roasting chestnuts 
    Peanut shells 
    Beer
    Fags
    Piss
    First visit to the Valley was 1976 - don't know who we were playing - I told my Dad I wanted a pee - he gestured towards those horrible outside urinals made from grey concrete panels - floor was swimming in piss - rolled my flares up so they didn't go in the piss 
    Toilets behind the Covered End were open air, wet and stank 
  • Options

Roasting chestnuts 
    Peanut shells 
    Beer
    Fags
    Piss
    You're lucky you didn't need a poo.
  • Options

Roasting chestnuts 
    Peanut shells 
    Beer
    Fags
    Piss
    That could be a thread all of its own - 'Did you ever have a poo at the old Valley, and what was the bog like'

I shudder to think what it would have been like to have to do a number 2 at the old Valley based on how awful the urinals were !!!
  • Options

Roasting chestnuts 
    Peanut shells 
    Beer
    Fags
    Piss
    That could be a thread all of its own - 'Did you ever have a poo at the old Valley, and what was the bog like'

I shudder to think what it would have been like to have to do a number 2 at the old Valley based on how awful the urinals were !!!
    I imagine any such discussion would have to cover Izal toilet paper 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Oggy Red said:
    stonemuse said:
    Oggy Red said:
    And the fireworks lit by fans during home matches and tossed about, in the week or so before Guy Fawkes Night.

No flares back then. But plenty of bangers and an occasional Aerial Bombshell.

Plenty of them thrown at us during the 4-4 draw at Burnley many years back. 
    Ah, yeah that 4-4 draw at Burnley ...... Charlton leading 4-1 with about 10 minutes to go.

and we could have lost!
    Indeed. Remember we were hanging on desperately at 4-4 for the last few minutes.

• Options
    The only football ground where I have a Tom Tit is The Den......in the past I have found myself having to wait as much as 24 hours prior to arrival before doing the dirty deed...having said that, the much anticipated end result is always well worth the minor discomfiture.
    I even take my own toilet roll with me, which I then throw on the pitch for good measure in order to complete my bizarre but highly gratifying ritual.
  • Options
    I don't recall ever seeing any women's underwear at The Valley.

Oh, *braziers*.

Carry on.
  • Options
    I may be corrected but I believe that only ladies toilet available from the terraces in the 60’s and 70’s was a solitary throne behind the main stand. Housed in a small hut and standing all by itself. 
  • Options
    Mametz said:
    I may be corrected but I believe that only ladies toilet available from the terraces in the 60’s and 70’s was a solitary throne behind the main stand. Housed in a small hut and standing all by itself. 
    I think you are right
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mametz said:
    Correct.
  • Options

Roasting chestnuts 
    Peanut shells 
    Beer
    Fags
    Piss
    Westler's Hot Dogs & Hamburgers