Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Contract Updates 30/05/19 - Released and Retained

Comments

• Options
    Fosu still made 20+ apps last season. It may well be there’s something in his contract that triggers the offer of a new deal is certain number of apps are hit.

Personally I’m not convinced JFC is good enough for the Championship, but there is a post injury loyalty contract offer there I suppose. 
    Agree re; JFC.  Particularly as we’ve been spoilt by seeing the likes of Bielik and Cullen this season and I believe that is the standard JFC would need to measure up too were he to start in the Championship 
  • Options
    If you are a third party club, I think you’d offer Aribo at least as much as Williams salary wise. Aribo has huge potential and been better for us than Williams (I love Williams and rated him more than almost everyone on here it would seem), and Williams has major injury problems.

Williams hasn’t been offered a deal because we can’t get near what he’ll probably get off somebody else.

We have offered Aribo a deal; which is presumably therefore nowhere near what he’ll probably get off somebody else (as per Williams).

Chances of Aribo staying are therefore very slim! 

• Options

We have offered Aribo a deal; which is presumably therefore nowhere near what he’ll probably get off somebody else (as per Williams).

Chances of Aribo staying are therefore very slim! 

Aribo is 22 years old ..... so even if he should leave, the club ensure they'll receive a development fee.

• Options
    tom- k said:
    We can't afford Reeves, so much for Roland buying the club and us not having to sell our best players anymore, uh Varney?
    Wasn't it Murray who said that?
  • Options
    I know there is no room in sport for being sentimental and it’s not a surprise but I am truly gutted this squad is being ripped apart. I think it’s because this is my 8 year old sons first year of really supporting us and this squad are his heroes and I hope he never forgets them.
    As supporters we have been very lucky to have a couple of great squads in the last 8 years and I just hope Lee and Jacko are given the chance to build the next great squad 
    Exactly how i feel tonight, sad that only a few days after the boys did the business at Wembley the team has been torn apart. Getting sentimental in my old age. ☹
  • Options
    I know there is no room in sport for being sentimental and it’s not a surprise but I am truly gutted this squad is being ripped apart. I think it’s because this is my 8 year old sons first year of really supporting us and this squad are his heroes and I hope he never forgets them.
    As supporters we have been very lucky to have a couple of great squads in the last 8 years and I just hope Lee and Jacko are given the chance to build the next great squad 
    Exactly how i feel tonight, sad that only a few days after the boys did the business at Wembley the team has been torn apart. Getting sentimental in my old age. ☹
    It’s a bad sad but we need to build a new squad as soon as possible and hit the ground running.
  • Options
    How is it being ripped apart?

You have loan players for the season/half season, and they go back, that's how it works. Maybe we'll get them back next season anyway. Of the permanent players, the only player released who actually started on Sunday is Parker, while Williams was like a loan in that we paid a fraction of his wages
  • Options

Currently on holiday in the US. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Before we get in full bed wetting mode we need an idea of what Bowyer ment by "small budget".  Is it small compared to WBA, Leeds and Derby, small compared to the championship average, small compared to Millwall or small compared to last season?

I would expect, and accept, the first 2.  The last 2 would give me cause for concern.  If the total wage budget is the same as last season, provided we get 5 1st team players on loan, we will be alright. 
    I would guess the budget will be higher with the increased revenue going to LB for players - looks like no quick takeover which is a blow so gonna be an interesting few months seeing who LB brings in - let’s hope  he’s exaggerating the low budget thing to an extent. Don’t disagree with any he has released and im hoping he thinks he can get what he needs with what he’s been given - we all want a new owner and big splash out but I guess this does feel a bit more like the curbishley slow build in the 90’s - to an extent
  • Options
    We know Aribo was offered a new contract last season which was subsequently withdrawn and replaced with one of half the value. 

Is it not possible that following promotion and the shedding of players on higher wages that we have offered him a vastly improved one? Fingers crossed. 
  • Options
    How is it being ripped apart?

You have loan players for the season/half season, and they go back, that's how it works. Maybe we'll get them back next season anyway. Of the permanent players, the only player released who actually started on Sunday is Parker, while Williams was like a loan in that we paid a fraction of his wages
    I’d say 7out of the 18 from Sunday is a substantial impact especially when Aribo and Bauer are likely to follow. 

I know how loans work and with those numbers all I was highlighting is we have a great team spirit and need to build it again. 
  • Options
    A question that probably effects the clubs ability to keep players and recruit new ones. What should are salary cap be. Should the club refuse to pay more than £5,000 per week for a player in the championship for example, given that we know the club loses £10 million or more in league 1.
  • Options
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-going-to-need-some-luck-to-bring-jonny-williams-back-to-the-valley/

Bowyer confirms Igor was released due to his injuries.

He knows we’ll have a small squad, we can’t keep a player we know is injury prone.
  • Options

Surprised to see Solly, Phillips, Forster-Caskey... and... Ajose???..... on holiday together 

they really are a tight group, eh!
    Holiday? They're all joining BWP at New York Red Bull!
  • Options

Surprised to see Solly, Phillips, Forster-Caskey... and... Ajose???..... on holiday together 

Ajose was at Solly's testimonial dinner, so clearly they must get on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed with some of the opinions on JFC. I think he is worth a contract, but only because we actually need to have some players to work with. 

Still not really sure what he offers a team at Championship level. 
  • Options
    Think people are being harsh on JFC, very cultured player who was one of the first names on the team sheet before his injury. He will do just fine in the Champ - probably even more so than in L1 due to the type of player he is.
    Agreed, until he joined us he had played virtually all his career in the Championship, including 2 fairly full seasons in a decent Brighton team
  • Options
    Jake also had a good stint with the England U21s when he was first impressing at Brighton... Wasnt it a bit of decent business that we got him in League One in the first place
  • Options

Ben Amos in that picture as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    I still think the lads we’ve offered new contracts to, won’t sign. Come the the hour, cometh the Bauer, better than Semedo Aribo will get better deals elsewhere. They’ll be snapped up by established Championship clubs, IMO. Bowyer and Gallen will have their work cut out trying to attract better players on Charlton wages. I think we’ll have a team largely made up  of loanees (within the rules, of course)

what is a bonus though is LB is talking about the players he needs for the new season. Which could mean, his contract has been sorted? 
    One of the first questions their agenits will ask is who will they be playing with, and even who will be their manager?
  • Options

Harry Lennon the final piece to this intriguing puzzle. 
  • Options
    Talal said:

Harry Lennon the final piece to this intriguing puzzle. 
    Not that surprising when you see the table at his testimonial dinner!

• Options
    I thought it was Da Silva rather than Ajose.

Oops.